No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mignolet is a good keeper. Sadly a bit of poor form and the media jump on you, making it worse.

Same other way with Harry Kane.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the 4-1 to Arsenal, but then again I am a season ticket holding Gooner lol.

I think it'll be us in the final... Will be much harder then the game at the Emirates though...

Comment

I like him too. Rough around the edges for sure, but he's won us far more point than lost in the time he's been here, and is demonstrably getting better.

But it doesn't help when pundits like Carragher are putting the boot in, saying Reina(?!) is a better keeper. He was great distributor in his prime, but degenerated into not even attempting at stopping shots in his last season at Liverpool.

We won't be finishing any higher than 5th this season, but I hope the owners realise they still have the right manager in Rodgers. I'm fairly sure they do.

Comment

Reina made his fare share of howlers and got off to a dodgy start iirc. Was a superb keeper though.

Comment

All keepers seem to have poor starts for new teams, De Gea did at Man United too.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Reina made his fare share of howlers and got off to a dodgy start iirc.
              Wrong.

Reina won Premier League Golden Gloves (most clean sheets) for three consecutive seasons, from 2005-2006 (season he joined Liverpool) to 2007-2008. He was pretty much flawless during that time. It only turned to crap for him towards the latter end of his time at the club, for various reasons (Benitez gone, loss of form/fitness, Hodgson factor, etc.).

Fair play to Mignolet for regaining his confidence and having the mentality to come back from poor form and such criticism, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Liverpool shouldn't be looking for somebody better in the summer if they come along.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-04-2015, 08:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Wrong.

Reina won Premier League Golden Gloves (most clean sheets) for four consecutive seasons, from 2004-2005 (season he joined Liverpool) to 2007-2008.

Fair play to Mignolet for regaining his confidence and having the mentality to come back from poor form and such criticism, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Liverpool shouldn't be looking for somebody better in the summer if they come along.
                That doesn't prove he didn't get off to a sloppy start though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  We won't be finishing any higher than 5th this season, but I hope the owners realise they still have the right manager in Rodgers. I'm fairly sure they do.
                  I'm not necessarily for sacking off Roddgers, but I really want to see our form in European competition (whether Europa or Champions League) improve because it has, quite frankly, been an embarrassment under him.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-04-2015, 08:10.

Comment

That doesn't prove he didn't get off to a sloppy start though.
                    It kinda does, though. Keeping more clean sheets than anybody else but still dodgy? Really?

Lol. I'm sure if this was Joe Hart or Petr Cech or anybody else they'd be getting raved about. Show me the dodgy form Reina displayed during that period then.

Keepers aren't not conceding goals - fact of life. But you've surely got something about you as a keeper if you can consistently keep clean sheets for consecutive seasons.

Comment

I simply said I remember him having a bit of a dodgy start. I never said he had a poor first season. A dodgy start doesn't mean shipping loads goals.

But no matter.

Comment

I simply said I remember him having a bit of a dodgy start.
                        And I simply disagreed, as would many others. All I asked for was proof of this supposed "dodgy start".

He definitely did finish dodgy, though.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-04-2015, 08:18.

Comment

Lads, have a cuddle, then play some same couch Sensi Socccer

Comment

Sensi Soccer...memories...

It just irks a little that's there this fashion of begrudgingly giving any credit to LFC players. Like I said, if Joe Hart or Petr Cech or David De Gea or any other media favourite was keeping more clean sheets than anyone for years back to back, you'd never ever hear "oh, but they started dodgy". You'd just have everybody raving about them non-stop.

The same kind of sh1te is happening to Mamadou Sakho - people trying to rubbish him despite LFC clearly being a better side when he is in defence.

Comment

I hear you on that Sakho point... Going into Monday nights game against Newcastle without him or Skrtel is a frightening prospect... Though Can is back

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                                Going into Monday nights game against Newcastle without him or Skrtel is a frightening prospect
                                The alternatives certainly don't look good, and everybody involved - Brendan, Ian Ayre, the "Transfer Committee" and FSG - must take the blame for that.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-04-2015, 11:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X