Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very dodgy referee tonight I thought

Comment

Yes, the referee let Brazil effectively kick Rodriguez out of the game with nary a card to punish them. Almost as if he was told to make sure Brazil won...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I must be watching different games to the commentators at times, I think Brazil have been pretty ordinary so far? But I must be wrong as they're tugging themselves off at every opportunity about them! Date with destiny and all that crap!!
        Good free kick though

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Yes, the referee let Brazil effectively kick Rodriguez out of the game with nary a card to punish them. Almost as if he was told to make sure Brazil won...
          Fernandinho alone committed eight fouls on Rodriguez and didn't get booked (according to a journalist on Twitter).

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
          I must be watching different games to the commentators at times, I think Brazil have been pretty ordinary so far?
          Brazil are going to look even more ordinary now: BBC reporting that Neymar is out of the World Cup with a fractured a vertebrae in his back.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 04-07-2014, 23:46.

Comment

Germany get all the luck once more and the game hasn't even kicked off .2 of the most important players missing I can't see them beating the scumbags.

Let's hope holland go all the way that would be a tasty final.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
              Very dodgy referee tonight I thought
              Indeed. Brazil have been very 'lucky' from the beginning with a very suspect penalty against Croatia (dude was hardly touching Neymar).
              Tonight just took the urine tho. No cards in the 1st despite constant hacking at Rodriguez, then the poor bugger gets a yellow for a minor offence (compared to the Brazil efforts) & Brazil score from it. Total kick in the bollox for the poor fella.

It does seem a bit 1 sided both on the pitch & from the commentators.
              Brazil seem to have scraped thru this WC so far. They certainly don't deserve to win that's for sure

Comment

Is this thing still going?

I swear it's been 8 months long and we went out 7 months and 3 weeks ago!

Comment

No more Neymar this tournament either.
                  Cracking goal from Luiz last night.

Comment

I don't usually support Germany (last time was against Argentina heh), but I really hope they can kick this dire Brazil team to the curb and piss on the bias parade of destiny that Brazil have to make the final...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Really sorry to see the Colombians go out because they were, simply, better than the Brazilians in all but their finishing. They were fighting the crowd and the lax refereeing but still played really well. They looked dangerous in every attack and their speed, ball skills and passing in general were mostly top notch too. Good match to watch.

By contrast the Germany/France game was tedium on a plate. The French barely seemed to have turned up for most of the match.

Comment

Oh, look at that: Costa Rica managing to hold Holland for the first half looking well-organised, well-drilled, physically fit and difficult to beat.

But you need world-class players to achieve that, apparently.

Comment

Shame, would have liked to see Costa Rica make it through. Good semi final line up though.

Comment

The main part of the match was an OK watch for a 0-0 draw, great defending by the Costa Rican but barely any attempt on goal. However that all changed in extra time, particularly the second period - really great exciting stuff, last ditch saves, balls off the line or hitting the bars/posts, and end to end stuff and topped by an extraordinary goal keeper substitution decision which, whether by skill or pure luck, paid off.

Again, agreed, shame to have the Costa Ricans go out, particularly on penalties, but I think that unlike the Brazil/Columbia match the better side ie. Holland, did go through.

Comment

I can see people rooting for the underdog, I would do so too if I were neutral but CR was aiming at a penalty shootout from the very kick off. Those guys didn't play football at all, and didn't want to. The goalie was faking it like 7 times, and Ruiz faked an injury as well. This was the worst bus parking I have ever seen, they outdid Greece this World Cup. Only Mourinho might've gotten a hard on out of this.

Costa Rica or not, glad such an anti footballing team is out.

And for the record Holland hasn't lost a penalty shootout in 10 years. They had a lot of faith in winning that.

Comment

You tend to not lose shootouts for ten years when you don't have any in that time

Best team did win tho for sure.
                                Bring on the semis!!

Comment

Working...
                                X