No announcement yet.

World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica 1-0, so unless Italy score two in last half hour we're out at the first hurdle.

Comment

Costa Rica will beat England anyway...glad they have won today tbh

Comment

Creates an epic match between Italy & Uruguay for the second qualification spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
          Creates an epic match between Italy & Uruguay for the second qualification spot.
          Indeedy. And I think it's on at the same time as the England game. Hmmmm ...

Comment

It's depressing now we're out, everywhere you turn the World Cup is being rubbed in your face. I just want to crawl under a rock for 3 weeks until it's finished. I know how the Scottish feel now.

Such a shame because it's been a good tournament so far.

Comment

It'll take more than getting pumped out early to know how we Scot's feel Mark, our depression sets in before the tournament even starts by not qualifying! It's a relief for me that England are out, not out of badness, but because I was to wear an England onesie out of asda to work for a week if they'd won.

Have to say that Costa Rica were very impressive today, I feel for all my English mates as I can't help but think they might go out the tournament without a point.

Comment

*Worst result since 58*

Headline.

"Hodgson will stay as england boss"

Comment

There was a statement on my Twitter feed earlier that said in the last 5 years the English FA have invested ?450 million in our game.

The Costa Ricans, by comparison, have spent ?2 million.

Comment

Not to put anything against the Costa Rica team, because they have played well, but Italy and Uruguay played way better against us than they did against CR. C'est la vie. Given my brother has been to CR, loved the country and the people, I think we'll be supporting them for the rest of the tourny now!
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Has anyone considered that we looked ok against Italy because ........just maybe they are as bad as us atm? Imagine they lose to Uruguay next week, they will get the abuse from their press as our team has.

Costa rica are a team that is better than the sum of its parts, whereas ours.............well isn't

Comment

With any luck it will mean the overrated so called world class players like Gerrard and Rooney will never put on an England top every again .

Comment

France game last night was great! That Benzema goal that wasn't: wow!

They look really strong as do Germany.

Comment

I think Gerrard may quit internationals after Tuesday yes, he's not getting any younger etc.

Rooney, we've another five years of him I fear.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                              I think Gerrard may quit internationals after Tuesday yes, he's not getting any younger etc.
                              Judging by the way so many morons have lined up to make him the scapegoat for England's failure in Brazil, He should've packed it in four years ago.

Comment

I've always rated Gerrard for England but he had a poor tourney this time. Most of them have to be fair so not his fault. Quality season for Liverpool though. Shame really.

Comment

Working...
                                X