No announcement yet.

World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad miss by Sneijder, should be 1-0 to The Netherlands.

Comment

Once again very harsh penalty, think the Dutch may just regret missing Sneijder chance.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
        Once again very harsh penalty, think the Dutch may just regret missing Sneijder chance.
        Need to see the replay again, but it looked to me more like Costa stuck out his leg and stood on the Dutch players foot, more than anything else.

Have to say I thought it was a definite penalty in real time though, always easier with the benefit of a replay or two.

Comment

What and outstanding goal by Van Persie, OMG stunning every time they replay it.

Comment

Great cross and brilliant header from Van Persie, really sublime. Sets it up nicely for the second half.

And 2-1 to Holland! Great control by Robben to bring the ball down, beat the defender, then a great finish. Really good match. A shame the final in 2010 wasn't this good!

3-1 to the Dutch! Glad they didn't give a free kick for Van Persie jumping with the Spanish keeper, keepers are protected far too much even when forwards are genuinely trying to win the ball.

4-1! [Ray Wilkins]My word.[/Ray Wilkins]

FIVE! Surely no defending champions even been given such a kicking in the opening match of the tournament? Quite incredible.
            Last edited by EJG1980; 13-06-2014, 20:38.

Comment

Can quite believe what I'm watching, the Dutch are just rampant. Every goal has been top quality.

Comment

Fantastic stuff, the World Cup has really kicked off now. The rest of the matches have a lot to live up to after that.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                  Fantastic stuff, the World Cup has really kicked off now. The rest of the matches have a lot to live up to after that.
                  Yeah i think its peaked already, would be amazed if any game tops this one. Was just stunning to watch, one of the best World Cup games i have seen in many a tournament. Total football indeed.

Comment

Great game, Dutch 5-1 win with just 36% possession. Spain who

Comment

Ruined my predictions for the comp at work...but that was beautiful.
                      Spain's boring boring reign is hopefully finished!

Comment

Who's staying up for the late night match? Looking forward to seeing Vidal play, he's been superb for Juve for a few years now. Hope Alexis Sanchez has a good tournament too.

2-0 to Chile already, not looking good for the Aussies!

A Tim Cahill header, who'd have thunk it? 2-1. And another good attack from the Aussies, suddenly looking like a different match.
                        Last edited by EJG1980; 13-06-2014, 22:36.

Comment

Amazing stuff and FOUR games today! Got my one of six Japan shirts on. It appears I don't have an England shirt.

Comment

Buffon out of tonight's game.

Got my Spain '82 England shirt on, hoping it will turn out to be my 'lucky shirt' to be worn for the rest of the tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              Amazing stuff and FOUR games today! Got my one of six Japan shirts on. It appears I don't have an England shirt.
                              3 games isn't it?

Wearing my Tokyo Verdy shirt and thong fashioned out of a couple of towels.

Comment

It's four in one day local time in Brazil, but for us the fourth kicks off at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X