• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh so including the Chile game. I see

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
      Buffon out of tonight's game.

Got my Spain '82 England shirt on, hoping it will turn out to be my 'lucky shirt' to be worn for the rest of the tournament!

the greatest England shirt of all time.

The song on my iPod finished the exact second I put my key in the front door. Surely an omen.

Comment

Starting to get nervous yet excited now. Biggest decision i have to make is do i wear red or white?

Comment

Realistically think we can win tonight or be happy with a draw? every group is going to be so tight after three games. Assume goal difference is used to separate those on equal points, not the record again each other.

Uruguay are one up. Guess we want them to draw to help us out.

Comment

Hart: Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines; Gerrard, Henderson; Welbeck, Sterling, Rooney; Sturridge.

Have to say I'm very pleased with this line up, very attacking and lots of pace. Im pleased we are set up to have a good go rather than sit back.

Comment

Uruguay look ****.

Shame I had 20 quid on them winning.

Comment

Considering that Italia '90 is the first World Cup that I can remember, this has been a cracking tournament three days in. Best start to a World Cup in my lifetime by far.

Please don't let England & Italy feck it up with a dour stalemate!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                  Uruguay look ****.

Shame I had 20 quid on them winning.
                  On the bright side (as a Liverpool fan), it looks like Luis will be returning from Brazil early on this evidence!

But seriously, this isn't that much of a surprise. This is the end of the road for an ageing Uruguay side. Great servants like Godin, Lugano, Forlan and Pereira (rightfully sent off for an idiotic hack at Joel Campbell) no longer have any business playing for Uruguay. They are past it.

So average without Suarez and Cavani. But worryingly, there doesn't appear to be quality replacements coming through their ranks like they used to have in years gone by.

Comment

It has been an incredible start to the tournament.

'86 was the first tournament I remember, was 10 at the time. Still may favourite, but this one could eclipse it if teams keep going for the win.

Felt almost sorry for Suarez as he sat on the bench watching his teams inept performance. Like you say, just hope England and Italy can go forit as well. Wonder if the earlier games result will change the tactics of either team.

Comment

This could be a brilliant world cup. But its no coincidence. A World Cup seems to be better when its in a true football nation. South Africa was just a bad tournament, as were Korea/Japan and USA to some extent.

My fave World Cup ever was France '98, and Mexico '86 though I was rather young during that one. Brazil 2014 so far is really, really good. The worst game was the opener, but for an opener it wasn't even that bad. Plus, this tournament had Holland - Spain, best reprise EVER.

Comment

We've played actually really well, but are still behind... Italians have threatened less, and taken the few chances...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          We've played actually really well, but are still behind... Italians have threatened less, and taken the few chances...
                          Think I must be watching a different match, we just should attack more They would rather defend a defeat
                          Last edited by ETC; 14-06-2014, 23:42.

Comment

All that useless 3-4 touch passing in the last 30 mins was really frustrating to watch, terrible performance again from Rooney and Gerrard. And Johnson being the default right back just pisses me of so much, **** at defending and thinks he's a striker instead of putting in a decent cross.

Comment

It seems England had problems with the Manaus amazon climate, which is rather nasty. It was a very good game though, best first half of this cup.

This isn't the end of the world, as Costa Rica beat Uruguay with bigger numbers. I think at least a point against Uruguay is very possible and both England and Italy will likely beat CR.

Comment

Originally posted by Panta Rhei View Post
                                It seems England had problems with the Manaus amazon climate, which is rather nasty. It was a very good game though, best first half of this cup.

This isn't the end of the world, as Costa Rica beat Uruguay with bigger numbers. I think at least a point against Uruguay is very possible and both England and Italy will likely beat CR.
                                it was the only time you will see a team defend a 2-1 defeat in the World Cup
                                Last edited by ETC; 15-06-2014, 09:13. Reason: Wee beer....

Comment

Working...
                                X