?5 off ?50 at Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
    I did the same a few months back. The card number was hidden in one of the order confirmation emails I got. They sent an actual physical card about a month later.
    Thanks, I found the code lurking in an email. It won't let me link it to my account though. Maybe it's because the actual order for the reward car is still cancel-able?

It's hardly 'Instant'

Edit: "Your order has been cancelled. This may be due to card authorisation" Forget it.
    Last edited by Goldenballs; 11-12-2008, 12:30.

Comment

Was able to get RE5 for £29.25, SF4 for £29.35 and 2100 MS Points for £9.63 (after using £2.50 of points)!!

I thought it might to the most expensive item they take the £5 from, but that wouldn't make sense with the MS Points. I tried twice to get £5 off SF4 but each time it would only take the £5 from RE5 (no matter which one i added to the basket first)

Comment

Do you have to actually place the order, and then cancel one ? I tried adding 2 items to basket, entering the code, then removing one item. When you move to the next screen the amount it tells you you will be changed for is the full price of the game, so presume you have to actually put the order in ... ?

Comment

Yep, you need to put the whole order through and then cancel the part you dont want.

Comment

ooo good stuff, yeah i wanted to get microsoft points on the cheap, £12.13 thats nice might order it again, same kinda thing, i added MS points then addded RE5 then cancelled RE5

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
              2100 MS Points for ?9.63 (after using ?2.50 of points)
              Just done this, amazing price! ?12.13 ain't bad either, before Quidco, I might get some more of these...

It wouldn't surprise me if they took the fiver off of the item that is due to dispatch first, by the way, I can't be bothered to check that though!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                It wouldn't surprise me if they took the fiver off of the item that is due to dispatch first, by the way, I can't be bothered to check that though!
                That can't be the case as SF4 (feb) ships before RE5 (march)

Comment

this they all have ended now

Comment

Anyone got any working voucher codes?

Comment

Any new codes?

Comment

There's a couple of codes around for ?5 off ?50 at Game. LEALTA09 or 3368YAW

Not that amazing, but I think you might be able to pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and another game that comes out next year to get your order over ?50, and then cancel the other game, getting you MW2 for under ?40.

9% Quidco as well, to bring the price down further.

**I don't know if the above works, I'm just thinking out loud really**

Comment

Cheers Golenballs, just reordered Halo ODST with the contoller

Comment

Yep thanks - used it to grab some money off the Special Edition of Batman.

The code, Quidco and reward points will go some way to softening the blow on the old wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                              Yep thanks - used it to grab some money off the Special Edition of Batman.

The code, Quidco and reward points will go some way to softening the blow on the old wallet.
                              Don't think they will honour the Quidco side of things. They haven't for me when I have used previous miney-off codes.

I have just used the code again along with a £2.50 reward voucher to get 2100 points for £9.49. Once it's shipped I will be cancelling my Bioshock 2 pre-order
                              Last edited by sofasurfer; 22-07-2009, 16:55.

Comment

Hmm... there was no mention of codes invalidating it in the Quidco box before I clicked through.

If they don't I'll be making a bit of a fuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X