No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 Gold ?9.99 @hmv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great bargain for anyone planning on picking on Move next month!

Comment

Awesome, thanks.

Comment

Can't believe this is so cheap, excellent. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Any idea why it is a pre-order? The 360 edition I mean
          Last edited by Escape-To-88; 28-08-2010, 16:40.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Cheers Kongster cancelled my Shopto order and went for this.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
              Cheers Kongster cancelled my Shopto order and went for this.
              Bet you bought it on ps3 didn't you?! desperate escape is kicking my ass on pro. Excellent price though.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                Any idea why it is a pre-order? The 360 edition I mean
                They're both due for release on the 10th of September I thought?

Comment

Yeah I figured that, just wondered if the 360 version had any enhancements, as the gold edition is already obviously out, makes sense on the PS3 version as of the Move compatibility, just wondered why the 360 was getting a re-release?
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I didn't know it was already out.

Comment

I think it was a limited exclusivity deal with Game. They had it on their site for a few months before it sold out (I picked mine up from cex for £28 ) and now that's ended all of the other retailers are now stocking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakman View Post
                        Bet you bought it on ps3 didn't you?! desperate escape is kicking my ass on pro. Excellent price though.
                        PS3 mate ready for Move, sorry dude!

Comment

Anyone know if this is likely to be region free? Isn't it out in Europe yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                            Yeah I figured that, just wondered if the 360 version had any enhancements, as the gold edition is already obviously out, makes sense on the PS3 version as of the Move compatibility, just wondered why the 360 was getting a re-release?
                            Not sure it's really a re-release even though it first went on sale in March over here.

The only thing that I can think of which may be different in the 360 version is that the DLC was included as a download code on the 360 but was included on the disc on the PS3 version. That may just be down to space constraints on the 360 though.

I don't know of it's the same on the 360 version but the game was recoded on the PS3 to free up memory on the console for MOVE support so you were essentially buying a different disc on the PS3 if you bought the Gold Edition rather than the same disc with a DLC code as it was on the 360.

I imagine that the only reason the game is seeming to be re-released now is as Capcom knew that Sony would be throwing some marketing money at them in September to show how the controller can be used with "proper" games too.

I suppose the MOVE support is another selling point for them and I know a few people buying it again at the moment. Also if there are adverts out for the PS3 version it's still going to create some interest in the 360 version even if it's not mentioned in the marketing.

Comment

Does the Xbox 360 version of RE5 Gold have the extra content on disc, or is it download codes? From what I've heard, for PS3, it is on disc, is this correct?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X