No announcement yet.

The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get excited chaps. Everyone's order's are being cancelled as we speak. Expect emails & phone calls....

Comment

well if they cancel mine, the money better go back in my account today im not waiting 10 days or some crap
      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 15-02-2011, 12:50.

Comment

Result of an error apparently http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...sco-says-sorry

Ah well, not going to beat myself up over missing this now - every cloud as they say...

Comment

tesco have issued a statement saying sorry for the pricing error, but id bet you will wait 4 days for a refund standrad fare, nice bit of interest for tesco, this is why i never buy from them.

Comment

I've had confirmation email but they've taken no money. A colleague tells me they don't actually take the money, they just get the transaction authorised and take the actual money when goods ship. As I said earlier, it's illegal for them to take money for an item they don't have in stock and I'm betting they don't have any actual stock yet.

Comment

Had an email saying that they've cancelled my order - claiming credit card issues.

Comment

Guess, my miss laid credit cards were a blessing in disguise...

Still, its a poor show from Tescos point of view, and I see it as a calculated error on their part...

Ive now created an account with them to spam me with messages on deals, I probably should think twice or thrice about, before committing to.

Comment

If they took money it's a binding contract rather than an invitation to treat. They're required to honour that price, they can't just refund it.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    If they took money it's a binding contract rather than an invitation to treat. They're required to honour that price, they can't just refund it.
                    Not so - from their 'Terms & Conditions' you agree to when you order;
                    If, by mistake, we have under priced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the physical product to you or before the MP3 download concerned is commenced, as applicable. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the product at that price. If you decide not to order the product, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our refund policy in section 6 below.
                    I got very familiar with this document during recent escapades with them, and provided they don't tell you they've shipped, they have free reign to correct what they deem an error.

Comment

Just had a cancellation phone call :-(

Comment

gutted .

no call or email for me and the money is now out of my card, maybe a few orders got through ?

Comment

I've dropped the ball a bit with this one, what's my best bet for getting one for launch? Preferably for a nice price, but as long as I get one for launch, that's the main thing...

Comment

There is no 100% full proof gurantee you will get one at launch, so it's probably best, if price is a secondary concern, to go for one from a reputable and fairly large organisation, is what i'd say. As larger places like supermarkets, I would assume have a larger stock allocation.

112 :/

Comment

True, cheers.

Comment

how many times has this happened? yet people still order and then go on about 'their rights' etc etc

c'mon guys, just refuse to have anything to do with tesco!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X