No announcement yet.

The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo have said there're 900,000 units allocated to the EU for the first 3 weeks. The Wii sold 300,000 in the first couple of days.

In theory there shouldn't be a shortage.

Comment

Tesco direct problems
      they have now officially stolen my money

They called me yesterday and sent me an email saying it was cancelled and that the money had been refunded , the money was in the pending authorised transactions section of my card, I check this morning and it actually has been authorised and out of my account now, normally it would remain as pending for several days and then refunded but Tesco have actually taken the money and still cancelled my order. Im really fuming about this now its one thing to mess people about with price errors but to actually steal money is plain wrong and not even offer any of us a good gesture gift voucher or something .

Comment

Tesco are buggers for this. back at end of Nov I had DJ Hero 2 delivered direct to my store to pick up, but due to me working like an idiot I couldnt get to the stores pick up before their closing time of 8pm. In the end I got a text telling me I had 5 days to pick it up afterwhich they would cancel my order & refund the money back to my account, & by now I couldnt be arsed with the game so left it run so it would cancel.

I didnt get anything back, then at the end of Dec I got a phonecall from my local store about my order. Told them all of the above, they said they'd activate a refund immediatley. Still didnt get anything. Phoned up Tesco Direct at end of Jan & got them to issue the refund, which altho they told me had been actioned aimmediatley actually took about 5 days to appear in my account.

Nice bit of interest they got off my money for 2 months. C*nts!

Comment

They're really no better than HMV for this sort of "accidental" pricing blunder behavior, but at least HMV don't help themselves to your dosh before your order gets sent.

Still, at the end of the day it'll be Tesco that suffer when their online presence collapses (or at least their entertainment arm)

Comment

Don't take this stuff.

Send a letter to trading standards, take them to small claims court (default judgements ftw).

Comment

Ok yeah, good luck with that....

So long as the money is refunded within a reasonable time window, there's sadly nothing that trading standards or small claims will do for you.

Comment

Nice bit of interest they got off my money for 2 months.
                about 8p?

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                  about 8p?

EVERY LITTLE HELPS!! (sorry!)

Comment

In my Sainsburys tonight, they are taking pre-orders for 199 with a fiver deposit if anyone is still looking to pre-order.

Comment

£197 pre-orders at John Lewis online...
                      Last edited by charlesr; 21-02-2011, 14:40.

Comment

Cancelled my preorder at Gamestation today, and stuck a £10 deposit down in Toys R Us who are selling them for £196.99.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 21-02-2011, 14:41.

Comment

Morissons seem to be doing £197 pre-orders in store

Comment

£195 at Grainger Games in both colours till they sell out of pre-orders...

That's about 25 of each colour.

Comment

I reckon I'm gonna wait for Zelda and Pilot Wings at least til I get this. Anything else spectacular out at launch?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X