No announcement yet.

Brand New PSP Go with 10 Games - ?79.99 instore @Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhh, thats what I'm NOT planning on getting as there are NONE in the Woking branch, so nobody go look....

Comment

Hmm might get one from cex rather than game seeing as they're half the price! No 16gb instock here though, only 8gb... My only worry is that when buying from cex you may end up with a fake seeing as they're all preowned and Assumingly not packaged ... Anyone no of a way to spot a fake when I go in?

Comment

Few horror stories online about fake ones from cex as they aren't packaged... Easiest way is to put it on the psp and see if magicgate is supported it seems, so everyone may want to bring their PSPs with them when they buy!

Comment

I had a mate who worked in CEX in Brighton and actually asked him how they check for fakes. He said they have to take the serial number down, and then they are supposed to check it on the Sony website (they had a page to do so on). Whether many members of staff bother to do this I don't know!

Comment

I've bought fake cards from Game in a high street shop and Amazon in the past. Not an amazon reseller either. I mean amazon proper. Besides putting the card is a psp and doing a magi gate check there's no way to be sure.

Comment

I used to work in CEX (a looong time ago now) and yeah certainly fakes present As someone has pointed out you do have to take serials, but in depends on the staff memeber etc. They're pretty thorough in Basingstoke, but hey have none in stock

Cheers Koopa, but I can probably get there over the weekend ;-) If you are getting one today from GAME MrKirov I'll get you the cash mate :-) If not no worries and I'll pick one up over the weekend.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Dunno if anyone else is the same but I'm find it it to be a proper compulsion to try and fill the memory with as many titles as possible, I'm now up to:

-Chrono Trigger
                -Earthbound
                -Secret of Mana
                -Super Mario World
                -Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
                -Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
                -Street Fighter Alpha 2
                -Stunt Race FX
                -Donkey Kong Country
                -Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
                -Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble
                -Burnout Legends
                -Burnout Dominator
                -Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
                -Final Fantasy 012 Dissidia
                -Sega Rally Revo
                -Taiko no Tatsujin DX
                -The 3rd Birthday
                -Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
                -Tekken 6
                -Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
                -DJ Max Portable 3
                -Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
                -Blazblue: Continuum Shift 2
                -Tron: Evolution

All with 600mb to go and the 16gb memory card in the post

Comment

Haha having had a few PSPs before I actually felt restrained this time to limit myself to the gems only, or at least the titles I'll play :-) Some ace choices on there though mate

Did you get Yossy Island running ok on the Snes emu? I found it to be fat better on the GBA emulator myself.

Comment

I doubt the Snes version of Yoshi's Island will run at all, given it's a SuperFX game. The Snes emulator on the PSP is quite significantly behind other emulators in terms of speed (a tad disappointing really, it's the only weak link), whereas the GBA version of the game runs is game pretty much full speed using the gpSP-J emualtor (revision 110402). In fact, the same probably goes for other Snes games released on the GBA.

Likewise, you're probably better playing the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger because the PS1 emulation is full speed. You can even solve the loading speed issue by enabling the fast loading option.

EDIT - I take that back, Snes9x TYL mecm 091117 actually runs very well! I still reckon the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger would run better though.
                    Last edited by sj33; 21-07-2011, 12:26.

Comment

I get some coloured lines on the screens that say what level it is but in the game itself it seems to be running fine so far though I've not reached any effects intensive sections yet. I'm running it through a version of XSnes9x

Comment

XSnes9x is the Xbox version isn't it?

I just gave Snes Yoshi's Island a go using Snes9x TYL 0.4.2, it runs at a mighty 6fps. Best sticking to the aforementioned GBA emulator from what I can tell.

Comment

XSnes9x is the Xbox version isn't it?
                          I thought so too, but there were rogue builds available for other systems and linux etc. so perhaps it's that?
                          Yeah I prefer DCK on the GBA emu runs perfectly - although colour palette's apparently not as good as the SNES.

Comment

Just had a quick check and it's Snes9x TYL0.4.2mecm I'm using. Not sure why it would be running so poor on you PSP Shakey, it's lurvly on mine

Yup, GBA DKC was decent for the handheld but the Snes version owns it

Comment

What PSP do you have mate? I think the PSP-3000s (and Go!) that have to run the LCFWs such as PRO-B8, TN-E etc. are incompatible with the mecm engine that this specific emulator uses, which explains the difference in speed! Hopefully someone will create a speedy version that doesn't rely on mecm!

Comment

Mine's a PSP Go N-1003 model running through the CFW6.39 Pro-B8 firmware, although having said all this I'll probably get into the 2nd half of the game and it'll crash

I'm hoping the M2 card will hold most of the other games I'm after. I've been doing the same thing with the Wii as many of the 'sources' seem to be drying up now that the systems are coming to an end so I've been getting them all whilst I can so I can always backlog them at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                                X