No announcement yet.

Brand New PSP Go with 10 Games - ?79.99 instore @Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that peed me off the other day too - ended up turning it off and leaving it to fully charge. Why you can't just update with the power plugged in is beyond me!

Comment

Sorted. Couldn't get UMDDump to work. Iso Tool works though.

Comment

ISO Tool is a great program!

Comment

Sony are discontinuing the Comic Store. I might fill in the gaps before it disappears altogether

Well, I managed to get the last one from HMV, not sure anywhere else local has one and thankfully it was a sexy white one. Downloaded my PSP theme too so will see if the code comes through from Sony. However, one days worth of sorting out and... AMAZE. Currently I've got the CFW set up on it with:

-Transformers 3 film
          -Nintendo 64 emulator (not that great imo)
          -Snes emulator (works like a dream)
          -DJ Max Portable 3
          -The 3rd Birthday
          -Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
          -Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
          -Around 50 music tracks

Certainly if you would be using it as default it's still the paper weight, god awful idea it ever was. With it's work arounds implemented... it's the best handheld ever!

Comment

Completely agree, terrible idea and console... Now it's CFW'd, it's never going to leave my side!

I've had a day or two of fannying with it, and I've very nearly filled up the
            Memory!

Nearly all my UMD's copied now, I've got on there;

Dissidia duodecim
            3rd birthday
            Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep
            FF7 Crisis core
            Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
            Breath of Fire 3
            Final Fantasy Tactics
            Tactics Ogre
            Metal gear Peace Walker
            Parappa the rapper
            Gitaroo Man
            Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
            Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
            Silent Hill Origins
            Everybodys golf
            Ridge Racer 2
            Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
            Lumines
            Bleach Heat the Soul 7
            Metal Gear Acid 2

Thats incredible to me!!

Haven't touched emulators yet, wouldn't mind a good SNES, Megadrive and GBA emulator, but not got experience of them and don't know how!

Could anyone PM me with a few links, and a little guidance? It would be much appreciated!
            Last edited by MrKirov; 18-07-2011, 08:46.

Comment

Not sure if anyone would be interested but I bought some Screen Protectors for my GO to keep it nice and fresh. Now my history with these are poor (air bubbles galore) but the pack I bought are perfect and I got it on first time!
              Haha I did exactly the same thing bought a pack of six as could never fit them properly on the older models, did this perfect first time.

Having had all of the PSP models from the 1000 I can honestly say this is, for me, the best model by far. It doesn't cramp or hurt my fingers, it's lovely and compact, screen protectors go on perfectly and no noisy UMD drive - oh and PS3 pad support for SFAlpha3 MAX

Oh and I can now run Sonic CD, Final Fight CD etc. pretty much perfectly! Incredible! Was playing Snatcher in bed this morning - awesome, haha.

Haven't touched emulators yet, wouldn't mind a good SNES, Megadrive and GBA emulator, but not got experience of them and don't know how!
              Took me ages to find a really good GBA emu, finally found a great one that plays pretty much at 100% I'll bung you the link mate. Tried loads of variations of this, as well as ones that ran well on my slim, but the one I'll link you seems to be the best for PSPGo - enjoy

Certainly if you would be using it as default it's still the paper weight, god awful idea it ever was. With it's work arounds implemented... it's the best handheld ever!
              Fully agree!
              Last edited by Escape-To-88; 18-07-2011, 11:23.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

@Paul. Would appreciate links to the emus you use mate!

Comment

Gah!! I had one of these left at work and was going to buy it today but I was off yesterday and they went and sold it.

Luckily I have a minty boxed used one which I plan on picking up tomorrow.

Question - if I CFW it can I still use legitimately purchased from the store PSP games? Can I still connect to PSN?

Comment

Yeah, cos you have to sort of "turn on" CFW via exploit each time you turn it on.

Comment

The N64 emulator turned out to be a waste of time but so far everything has worked great with the Snes emu. At some point I might dig out a Mega Drive one too. Also managed to download and set up:

-Tekken 6
                      -Tron: Evolution
                      -Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
                      -Blazblue: Continuum II
                      -Assassins Creed: Bloodlines

Still got 5GB free as well. EPIC

Comment

Snes emulation on the PSP is probably one of the least advanced in terms of speed, a bit disappointing really. That said, games like Yoshi's Island can be played with the gpSP-J GBA emulator (I believe unofficial build 110402 is the best).

As for MegaDrive, PicoDrive 1.51 is the way to go. Full-speed MegaDrive and MegaCD emulation. The sound emulation isn't always accurate, but you can forgive this when even the most demanding MegaCD game runs full-speed.

EDIT - I take that back, Snes9x TYL mecm 091117 actually runs very well!
                        Last edited by sj33; 21-07-2011, 12:24.

Comment

Could one of you kind souls PM me with understandable instructions of how to set up CFW and install games on the system once its done?

Muchly ta.

Comment

When it's in custom firmware mode does it disable the PSN account check on PSN downloaded titles? Be nice to play my US games without performing the account change shenanigans.

Comment

Yep, it does.

Comment

That's brilliant! Means I can play the free Patapon 2 / Locoroco Midnight Carnival I got from JPN PSN Welcome Back. Also Einhander & Rakugaki Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X