No announcement yet.

Brand New PSP Go with 10 Games - ?79.99 instore @Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh really? I'll give that version of the emulator a go right now then!

Comment

Got GTA LCS last night and played it for a few hours - forgot how much I like it, especially with MSX 98 Radio! I seem to remember the load times on the disc being insane but happily they are very short now.

Comment

I stand corrected on the Snes emulator front, the above version of the emulator runs very well. I think the GBA version runs better mind.

Comment

I have noticed having owned all PSP varieties that the PSPgo seems to load everything quicker. I'm on the same f/ware as rapture and I'm almost 100% sure that the emulation does run a fraction faster on almost every emu I've tried - no idea why this would be though. I only had a slim a few months back and using virtually the same emulators they appear to kick up a couple of frames on the Go -weird
          DKC runs perfectly on the Snes emu frameskip 0, vysnc etc. on SOME levels, but the busier ones i.e the jungle stages seems to have to have auto f/skip etc.
          What settings are you using on snestyl Rapture?
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

With the Snes emulator, I've set smoothing to no, frameskip to AUTO, engine to 'PSP accel. + approx soft., vsync to no, PSP Clockspeed to 333MHz (it defaults to 300MHz for some reason) and sound output frequency to 33075Hz (the Snes only outputted sound at 32KHz anyway so it seems pointless to set it any higher). This should be the fastest settings unless I've missed something.

Comment

Sometimes accurate software seems to slightly speedup DKC and certain other complex games. I like to try and keep Vsync on as screen tearing bugs the hell out of me. With certain games I've noticed if you flick the limit speed switch off and set the speed to 62fps some games that would slow down at certain points will run pretty well - as in better than auto frameskip. I guess it's all trial and error I can I set more things to 'on' or 'yes' than you Jake as I'm trying to balance smoothness with speed too obsessively perhaps.

Comment

Ah, I was mainly trying to ensure full speed as consistantly as possible, though Vsync can indeed be left enabled in most instances. Been playing Super Mario World on the PSP for much of the evening with Vsync enabled In fact, I've just gave Star Ocean a go (which uses the S-DD1 chipset to compress the textures) - works absolutely perfectly (occasional speed drops aside)! Very nice indeed!

Err, perhaps this discussion needs to be taken to another thread!
                Last edited by sj33; 21-07-2011, 17:09.

Comment

Could someone please pm me with the snes emulator info, and where to download them and a short guide? Thanks in advance!

On a related note, 8GB M2 card get!

Went to CEX where one was supposed to be in stock, but the guy couldn't find it >.< Lazy bastard couldn't be arsed to look though to be honest! But yeah, had to buy the one I'd reserved from GAME instead, still brand new and not a fake for ?9 with the missus student discount!

Sorry though 88, that was the last one there so I couldn't get one for you, if the CEX one was there I would have had one for you

Comment

GAME do student discount???????

Comment

Haha they do! At least in Southampton! He wanted to see an NUS card though.

Its weird though, not all branches do it, depends on distance to the university. Gamestation have the same policy weirdly, my hometown one of Newport give discount, but not in Cwmbran, which isn't more than 6-7 miles away!

Comment

Yeah I knew about Gamestation - only in towns with a university though. Annoyed about that with Game though as should be cashing in at the one in Guildford. Fortunately its not usually on hardware as that would already be ?8 lost!

Comment

No worries Mr K Cheers all the same.

Comment

Well, I've finally filled the memory with a total of 17 games plus Snes emu & roms. There's a couple of hefty sized titles in there though so I reckon it could hold more if Square games didn't chomp space for FMV... good job my 16GB is nearly here! Next titles up for storing will be Resistence: Retribution and Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Comment

Please can you move this discussion to another forum?

Comment

Now ?49.99!!!! white or black just got one for me and one for the lady

Comment

Working...
                                X