Brand New PSP Go with 10 Games - ?79.99 instore @Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Should have probably asked earlier, but I'm assuming the ten free titles apply even if you have a current PSN account?

Comment

I don't actually want any of the free games, probably won't bother!

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
        I'd like to know that too actually! Think it's just so long as yours is the first account the unit logs in as?

BTW this thing is a dream for SNES emulation. Just tried about 8 different games and virtually no slowdown on any (Starfox needs some tweaking and I lost the music but still played fine).

PS1 games are looking sweet too.
        How is this possible? On a 1000 and 2000 they do not run perfectly. How is a go better?

Comment

Cheers Bort
          Just picked up the last GO from Aldershot - the town made me feel dirty but it was worth it
          Apparently most stores only have a handful, with the smaller stores having 1-2 GO's as they have achieved poor sales figures in GAME stores according to the nice chap at the Aldershot store.
          Last edited by Escape-To-88; 14-07-2011, 10:32.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Right. If my Go is on official firmware 6.38 Can I put custom firmware on it to run emulators?

Comment

You can, but you'll have to upgrade to 6.39 first, then you can install 6.39 PRO-B8, that's what I've done!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                How is this possible? On a 1000 and 2000 they do not run perfectly. How is a go better?
                I've no idea tbh. I am using the euphoria version as escape-to-88 mentioned, so don't know if it's just much improved over the previous version?
                The games I played for sure had only incredibly slight slowdown, most notable because the sound would go funny for a split second. I played NBA jam, micro machines, sf2t, star fox, smash tv, super mario kart and a couple others. Some games actually only had slowdown during the menus, although a couple have graphical glitches like your current position not displaying in mario kart (I'm sure it's usually a White number on the bottom/map part of the screen?)- tried to sort it but nothing worked.

That said it is definately better than when I used to play them on my psp 1000 years ago, I remember crap and buggy sound and lots of slowdown in smash tv when the screen got busy - no problem for the go!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  You can, but you'll have to upgrade to 6.39 first, then you can install 6.39 PRO-B8, that's what I've done!
                  Sweet. Any chance of a link to some directions? PM me if the linked site also includes anything advocating piracy.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Maybe you're using a bad emulator? Also, hit select for VSH and force your CPU clock in XMB and in Game to 333MHz.

I'm using Snes9xTYLO.4.2mecm :P

HuE for PSP 0.70 for PC Engine
                    PicoDrive for Mega Drive
                    UO gpSP kai 3.2 user 64M test 02 for GBA
                    Homer's RIN for GBC

I also shoved Tekken 3 on my PSP last night, good stuff!

Hardware wise the PSP Go, 3000 and 2000 are the same. Only difference to the 1000 is that they have double the RAM - which can be utilised by certain homebrew..

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                      Sweet. Any chance of a link to some directions? PM me if the linked site also includes anything advocating piracy.
                      Search YouTube for "how to install 6.39 PRO-B8" by Roxas6662.

All the links to the downloads, and a written and video step by step are all there

Comment

Did Mr K's way as well, for the exact search try "UPDATED* HOW TO: Install 6.39 PRO-B8 CFW on ANY PSP!!!" - Enjoy

There are a few versions of the Snes Emu that perform differently even though they seemingly have similar revision numbers and titles, weirdly back in the day when I had a PSP1000 on fw 1.5 my black model ran the snes emu slightly slower than the EXACT same emu on my white model? Bizarre!? Different m/board revision maybe - shouldn't affect speed though surely?

Also you don't have to update the f/ware as there are revisions for your earlier f/ware Bloke, but if you're updating anyway makes sense to update to OFW 6.39 then use the youtube vid

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Maybe you're using a bad emulator? Also, hit select for VSH and force your CPU clock in XMB and in Game to 333MHz.

I'm using Snes9xTYLO.4.2mecm :P

HuE for PSP 0.70 for PC Engine
                          PicoDrive for Mega Drive
                          UO gpSP kai 3.2 user 64M test 02 for GBA
                          Homer's RIN for GBC

I also shoved Tekken 3 on my PSP last night, good stuff!

Hardware wise the PSP Go, 3000 and 2000 are the same. Only difference to the 1000 is that they have double the RAM - which can be utilised by certain homebrew..
                          Doing all that and using all of those.

Comment

Hmm, any games in particular that lag?

Comment

I'm using same build as speedlolita and everything runs pretty much perfect 60hz with vsync on, 333mhz and 0 f/skip. I have to put f/skip on 1 for Mario Kart but everything else is great. It runs better than the PSP-2000 I had, although that could just be becuase it's a newer build of the emu.

Comment

Goddamit! Just realised I have to update if I want them there free games...

Mr 88 - do you know if the semi-permenant CFW I am using will work on the latest official firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X