No announcement yet.

Brand New PSP Go with 10 Games - ?79.99 instore @Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some games the loading times increase also and slowdown but, only in minor amounts i.e. SFAlpha Max slows ever-so slightly when the round announcer and round title fly in - but nothing obvious
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Just been down to check and my local Game doesn't have any in stock

Comment

Are there any others near by you can check? Seems most stores only had one or two left...

Did they try and sell you a used one? In both Woking and Guildford they tried REALLY hard to sell me a used one, even though I stated quite clearly I only wanted new! Then the guy on the till tried to sell me insurance for ?30 and get me to preorder BC3/MW3, althoug his manager was around so I'll let him off

Comment

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, apparently they only have one or two let in each store due to them not selling as well as the 2000 or 3000 in their stores nationwide, what the manager of Alder****e told me So these seem to be fairly slim on the ground.

Yeah they tried to flog me insurance, and a hard case - the latter I probably should have bought as I just ended up ordering one from Amazon anyway
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I have some complications right now that means it's not too feasible for me to trek about too much in search of a bargain. I might be able to pop to Westfield next week but I'm not holding out hope. I just went up to the counter and asked the guy there, he asked the other chap "do we have any PSP Go hardware in?" and he said "no, none" straight outright, very definitively - it seemed like someone else had probably been in asking the same question too

Comment

Lol, or they had one but he wants it!!! I was quite impressed how both the staff members I asked in each store knew that they had 1 white and no black in stock - these were just staff wondering around and not behind the till.

Might of considered a soft pouch for it if they had offered that, like the one the old PSP 1000 came with, but insurance for almost half the cost of the console - no thanks!!

In fact does anyone know where I can get a soft case like the PSP 1000 one from? Would be good to protect the screen without making it too bulky to fit in my back jean pocket...

Comment

Being a Go owner, may I recommend this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Son...0771236&sr=8-1

It really keeps the machine in tip top nick, I do also have a screen protector on it too though. Tis a lovely machine. As for the 10 free games, there are some bobbins in there, they took GTA Vice City stories out and put Beaterator in, which is the worst deal ever. However WipEout, MotorStorm Artic Edge, Need for Speed, World Cup are all worth downloading in my view. Avatar is a very average game, not played Assassins Creed, Pursuit Force is above average, but not essential if your needing space.

Comment

That does look nice Paulie but does it add much bulk to the overall size of the Go? Reviews seem to suggest not and its a decent price so very tempted to order.

Still haven't got my email for the free games. So far I like the idea of WipEout, Motorstorm, Shift, Gran Turismo and possibly LBP. Not too bothered by the rest - GTA would have been good although I personally prefered Liberty City Stories to Vice City anyway. I've played a bit of Avatar on PS3 and agree it's not particularly great!

Comment

Considering it's a solid leather case, it doesnt look or add much bulk to it. I know I feel better it in the case when it's in my jean pocket or jacket pocket. It keeps it snug and safe, I wouldnt have it in my pocket at all if I didnt have that case. Gran Turismo is ok, but there is no career in it as such. You do the licence tests and one off races to get credits to buy cars, which are only available on certain days, thus making it feel very much GT Lite as there is no real progression. It does totally feel like GT though. Game I have been playing recently though it Sega Rally, really enjoying it.

Very interested in the modding thing, as I would love to have some of my UMD games on my Go, but I'm almost tempted to pick up a separate one to try, but not at the moment as money is tight. Also the thought of putting NBA Jam TE (PSX) would be soooooooooo good.

Comment

Ok I've gone for it - from what you and an Amazon reviewer have said you can still fit it in your pocket with the case on and thats all I want! TBH I haven't taken it out of the house since purchasing but its so damn portable (lighter than my iphone I think) it's just screaming to come with me next time I'm on a train/bus! Unlike the 3DS I wouldn't feel safe with it in my pocket without a case either.

I'd heard that about GT but for a portable I think I'd be ok with a GT Lite, just the odd race here and there. I had Sega Rally on the PS3 - is it similar?

I'd say go for it with the modding - it was so easy and you can revert to/from CFW with the click of a button. Being able to play old PS1 games, especially those not even out on the PSN (Worms World Party anyone?) is fantastic!

Comment

After reading all this I'm really tempted though my GAME isn't doing it. My HMV has 1 or 2 remaining at ?99.99 and I've got credit lying around so might do that. I read that Sony often takes up to 4 weeks to send the free games but I've got several like Pursuit Force 2, Killzone, Modnation, LBP etc through the Welcome Back scheme. I'd definitely mod it and have me some Majora's Mask on the bus, it'd also act as my ipod touch replacement that I've been after. Finally, the Go has a purpose, lol!

Comment

I have a couple of these (from here and AVF) which both have CFW on. It is a far more manageable package for travelling but is not suitable for small hands IMHO.

Comment

Not sure if anyone would be interested but I bought some Screen Protectors for my GO to keep it nice and fresh. Now my history with these are poor (air bubbles galore) but the pack I bought are perfect and I got it on first time!

I have 9 Left and to help me score back some money will take ?2 delivered for 2 at a time (just in case you mess up one).

Anyone interested pop me a pm.

Comment

what percentage does the PSP battery need to be at in order to take a firmware update?

Comment

Over 50%... I had the same problem the other day when tying to update my phat psp!

Comment

Working...
                                X