Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Games Related Bargains Thread NTSC/PAL (posts without bargains will be removed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good game, that painkiller.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
      Considering they were selling a Charlie Chaplin dvd set with an RRP of ?130 or so for ?5.96, no I don't think they'll be honouring most orders...
      as i said before, i ordered 8 sets of the indianna jones trilogy.

i made two orders containing 4 sets each.

order one has been dispached, but order two has been cancelled by amazon (due to pricing error)

i hope anyone else who ordered is getting theres! its definitly bargin of the month!

thanks to the original poster for the heads-up!

Comment

I was under the impression that even if it was a pricing error if you got the order done at that price they HAVE to honour it. Maybe im just wrong tho but i seem to remember tesco.com doing something similar with the X-Files box sets and they honoured all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986
          I was under the impression that even if it was a pricing error if you got the order done at that price they HAVE to honour it. Maybe im just wrong tho but i seem to remember tesco.com doing something similar with the X-Files box sets and they honoured all orders.
          apparently not......

Dear Customer

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk. We are writing to inform you that the price of a recently ordered DVD title was incorrect at the time of placing your order, and we hope that we can clear up any misunderstanding.Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur. In our Pricing and Availability Policy, we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching. Please know that we will be cancelling all affected orders. If you still wish to purchase this item, please place a new order online which will be charged at the correct price.Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site. We hope you will find this an acceptable solution and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,
          Customer Service Department Amazon.co.uk

sorry for spamming the games thread with dvd bargins, this will be my last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986
            Just a note on this. The retailer CAN cancel your order if it is a pricing error, as long as the money hasn't been taken out of your account. Once the money has been taken out, it is legally your right to have posession of the good at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by butchcvc
              as i said before, i ordered 8 sets of the indianna jones trilogy.

i made two orders containing 4 sets each.

order one has been dispached, but order two has been cancelled by amazon (due to pricing error)
              Just to repeat the mantra of the DVDForums Bargain thread, people who buy ****loads of sets purely for eBay are scum

I had all my orders cancelled, btw. And I don't think a single person has received that Chaplin set.

Comment

Here some stuff i ordered at yesasia (all JPN versions) last month,
                they are the lowest price i could find online.

Homeland GCN ~?26.80 Link
                Dragon Force PS2 ~?13.26 link

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                  Just to repeat the mantra of the DVDForums Bargain thread, people who buy ****loads of sets purely for eBay are scum
                  totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by butchcvc
                    Get a job, you waster! ft:

Comment

let's get back to Gaming bargains eh, there's a Banter Topic for chit chat

Comment

Last edited by anephric; 26-08-2005, 18:44. Reason: Shhst!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                          totally agree
                          I'll second that

Comment

got my indy box set this morning 7 quid including p&p thanks for the tip mr d, bargin

Comment

12.96 for timesplitters 3 on amazon....

what a deal

Comment

Raided the 2nd hand boxes of Stockport yesterday and got mint Gamecube Ikaruga for ?9.99 and Killer7 for ?25.

GamesTM were right - a few weeks after release and it has started showing up cheap. Cue much joy for me!!

Bank Holiday hangover permitting I should be having some fun today.

Comment

Working...
                                X