No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The summer holiday situation is frustrating. People inevitably want clarity on it, because it's not something most folks can just book with little notice. Then there's the risk that if you leave it too late, you won't be able to get in where you want. And if you want your break in this country with good weather, that's a really narrow period too. Not to mention the school holidays. We're also in the British winter, which is an absolutely grim time of year and a chore in normal times. You want something to take your mind off it.

But there's no clarity anyone can give. All anyone can do is guess, including the government. Even if they say "yes, holidays will go ahead" now, they can and will change their mind. Christmas was going ahead everywhere too, until it wasn't. If anyone is holding off booking holidays because they're waiting for the government to give the all clear, I'd say that you might just be setting yourself up for disappointment. Book it or don't, but definitely don't wait for the government, because they can and will U-turn on it.

Comment

It's only Feb, the Government needn't get involved in the discussion. Personally its daft to waste money sinking into the troubles of holiday booking when it's clear this Summer will be a repeat of last years. 2023 is the next safest bet for anything.

Comment

I reckon this summer isn't happening, but the government will re-open some stuff in early September and say "well technically it is still British Summer Time".

Comment

I really do hope there is an all-clear and the British gammon herds all **** off and drink themselves stupid in Magaluf so I can enjoy the coasts and mountains here in peace and quiet.

Comment

I genuinely don't get how anyone can assume that there will be an opportunity to go away this year at all

I mean we might be ahead with vaccines etc. But I wouldn't even consider going anywhere with the possibility that they aren't vaccinated sufficiently

I missed out on going to Vegas last year (boo poor me) & I'm dying to go but I'm under no illusion that this year & even possibly next year are out of the question

We do have a caravan holiday booked for August which is rebooking from last year which we had to cancel & I'm even questioning whether we go on this one at the moment

I think they just need to say no to the chance for holidays this year & leave it at that

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              I genuinely don't get how anyone can assume that there will be an opportunity to go away this year at all
              Sensible, right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

I mean we might be ahead with vaccines etc. But I wouldn't even consider going anywhere with the possibility that they aren't vaccinated sufficiently

I missed out on going to Vegas last year (boo poor me) & I'm dying to go but I'm under no illusion that this year & even possibly next year are out of the question

We do have a caravan holiday booked for August which is rebooking from last year which we had to cancel & I'm even questioning whether we go on this one at the moment

I think they just need to say no to the chance for holidays this year & leave it at that

Neil
                The way the uk behaved before while abroad lockdown, then during, also at Christmas where NO ONE behaved themselves, would be better for the rest of the planet to just ban us completely from all travel until enough people are vaccinated. Then ban all non vaccinated from travel as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  The way the uk behaved before while abroad lockdown, then during, also at Christmas where NO ONE behaved themselves, would be better for the rest of the planet to just ban us completely from all travel until enough people are vaccinated. Then ban all non vaccinated from travel as well.
                  I still feel the only way forward through this is mandatory vaccination & vaccine passports

Without those it's never really going to be any better & it just carries on

Neil

Comment

Girlfriend’s great aunt is 104, got Covid, brushed it off without even visiting a hospital. Amazing!

Comment

Glad she is doing well!

Comment

Wow, amazing. I feel like calling Dignitas when I get a cold and I’m 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Girlfriend’s great aunt is 104, got Covid, brushed it off without even visiting a hospital. Amazing!
                          Gold.

Comment

Not enough brits seem to grasp holidays abroad means squat till the other countries are sorted out too, they seem to often think getting vaccinated themselves suddenly opens every international border going.

Hancock lays out his plan to restructure the NHS in a way that gives Ministers more power over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Different viewpoint, my wife’s elderly cousin was admitted to hospital a few weeks ago after contracting covid, her funeral was last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Not enough brits seem to grasp holidays abroad means squat till the other countries are sorted out too, they seem to often think getting vaccinated themselves suddenly opens every international border going.

Hancock lays out his plan to restructure the NHS in a way that gives Ministers more power over it.
                                The only thing their going to do is get the right people in place to start selling the nhs off to yank pharma.

Comment

Working...
                                X