Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
    Hah! That's new to me. Sicario!
    One to try out on an unsuspecting victim this weekend?

Comment

Well, with lockdown and therefore minimal human contact, I'd rather not jeopardise wetting my willy with clunge juice. (Inbetweeners has been on recently..)

Comment

For me, the evidence that No Deal was always the plan lies with the fact we're years beyond how long it should have been settled by now and the pursuit of getting a deal has already killed the career of one Prime Minister and her cabinet. The rules and systems of the EU and the practicalities involved have been known since Day 1, it's specifically the No Deal favouring MP's that have monopolised the situation for their own gain and the more pro-deal ones are long since gone. To get what is inevitably going to be a pretty bland EU deal at the expense of the national reputation in future agreements and with such blatant disregard for things like international law reeks of only one thing, ill intent. Boris may be smart but that doesn't qualify him for the job of Prime Minister. His time as PM to date is a tale of failing upwards, his track record and inner circle are all the indicator and evidence needed. The cash cows have all been removed from the table and now the Tories are on the run to salvage a devastating situation.

For Labour, they're really hard to pin. The arrogance and incompetence of the Corbynite side is insane and if they were in power now it'd be that side of the party that would be in power so I reckon we'd be stuffed there too. The antisemitism would be a millstone but I'm doubtful it's ever been damaging in the scale the media thinks it is, Brexit was by far the biggest kingmaker last election and we'd be knee deep in second referendum furore now if Labour held the reigns.

Without that crutch I imagine the Tories will win the 2024 election but that margin is gone. They'll be in for a sore surprise too if they think the masses have the hunger for 10-15yrs of more austerity regardless of how much COVID has cost.

It's become far too much in politics to hope for a party that puts a clear emphasis on fiscal responsibility and the public at the same time sadly.

Comment

I can't really disagree with any of that.

But I do see it from an entirely different pov.

UK politics is little more than managing internal party disputes, especially within a ruling party. How effective one is at masking that, think early War Criminal years (the Blair / Brown divide was there day one), the more effective a gov can be, or be seen to be. So I just view the last few years as typical Tory infighting more than a deliberate ploy. (On the scale, ruling Tory party infighting is at the top.) May was never going to last, something of a reluctant PM to begin with when no one else would step up. As for Boris, crap pm, but in a profession where failing upwards IS success, he's top dog. Politicking, not governing.

I'm doubtful it's ever been damaging in the scale the media thinks it is
          Sadly, that is likely true. Disappointing as a nation.

Also disappointing how the media doesn't attack the Tories with such venom over their anti any minority attitudes. It was touched on a while back here, I really thought the boot would have gone in, hard, but it didn't.

2024...I just want to get through 2021, see where we're at.

Comment

That Labour is unable to end the antisemitism argument is damning. If Corbynites claim it was never an issue bow can it be so hard for them to draw a line under it? Several times Keir has lined things up to sort it out and the party keeps kicking his legs out from under him.

Honestly, I pray he holds what little line is left and leaves them too it. Labour is always infighting between two camps and really the Corbyn side are toothless. They've nowhere to go and even if they left it'd likely increase the parties chances of winning. They're so clueless and can't see somehow that all their moaning is pointless if they never actually get into power.

It's probably their biggest failure that after the last few years they're in a worse position than they were already in when it should have all been a slam dunk

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              That Labour is unable to end the antisemitism argument is damning. If Corbynites claim it was never an issue bow can it be so hard for them to draw a line under it? Several times Keir has lined things up to sort it out and the party keeps kicking his legs out from under him.

Honestly, I pray he holds what little line is left and leaves them too it. Labour is always infighting between two camps and really the Corbyn side are toothless. They've nowhere to go and even if they left it'd likely increase the parties chances of winning. They're so clueless and can't see somehow that all their moaning is pointless if they never actually get into power.

It's probably their biggest failure that after the last few years they're in a worse position than they were already in when it should have all been a slam dunk
              Indeed. The way Corbyn's Labour managed to lose so much ground to the austerity/Brexit-era Conservatives is one of the great achievements of modern British politics. No merely ordinary incompetence could have achieved that. It took something truly extraordinary.

Comment

I wish Corbyn would just **** off at this point. Look at the bigger picture FFS.

Comment

Lockdown 2 will end on 02 December as planned and be replaced by a tightened version of Tier 3. A plan will be put forward for opening up more over Xmas.

Though a new poll suggests the public would rather see Lockdown 2 extended to run all tge way through Xmas than lift it and face Lockdown 3 in the new year

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    I wish Corbyn would just **** off at this point. Look at the bigger picture FFS.
                    Yes, he’s basically like Trump. Crazy band of cultists, and has a victim narrative about being constantly stitched up by the establishment (saves being competent or having mass appeal, I guess). Either he has to shut up completely, leave Labour or be booted out by Labour, or the party will never recover. Or won’t for at least another decade.
                    Last edited by Protocol Penguin; 22-11-2020, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                      Yes, he’s basically like Trump.
                      The exact same. Can't tell them apart.

Comment

Another day, another vaccine as the Oxford vaccine works. This one has better storage capability than others but is less efficient at the point of delivery. Done in two gapped doses it is up to 90% effective though that gap will likely prove the hurdle.

Hancock has responded to the news setting the expectation that restrictions should be able to begin the process of easing back towards normality after Easter 2021. Johnson will announce the Xmas plans formally later today whilst the plans for January through March are still being kept quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          the plans for January through March are still being kept quiet.
                          Because we're all in for a nasty shock once they've made sure we're in a food coma / too pissed / bored to sleep by the Queen's speech on Christmas Day.

Comment

The Nissan factory in Sunderland’s being shut. Guess the city voting for Brexit wasn’t a great move...

Comment

Better to get the daft folk who voted out to pay 7 - 10% for their new cars than having to hike the price up all across Europe.

Comment

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority is set to announce it recommends MPs should receive a 4.1% pay rise. Johnson is said to oppose a pay rise this year due to concern the public will turn sour on the news.

The Bank of England Governor has warned, as we approach the 11th hour, that No Deal will cost the UK more than the costs already lost to COVID

And the Bishop of Blackburn has said he and numerous others would lead an exodus of the Church of England if it changed its stance on sexuality and identity.

….

Comment

Working...
                                X