Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 04

Launching the next iteration of the thread with a tiny update:

MS is said to be working on improved video capture quality on Xbox as a priority
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 24-10-2022, 22:18.

Old thread here:

Comment

Who knew that me getting a Series x would Close down a thread

Halo Infinite getting quite a backlash online from the season pass issues to the cheaters on pc its not been a smooth launch

I played a few games over the weekend and i found progression pretty much non existent, i eventually found the challenges menu and started trying to complete them but they don't give much xp, and a lot get in the way of playing the game properly, so an eve of play saw me start at lvl one and stay at level one which is not ok.

On top of this i'm not sure what i'm playing against!!! some rounds i did really well others i got destroyed! It creeps that nagging doubt am i playing against players using aimbots and wallhacks?

i'm in a forest valley, with a warthog, there is a base at each end with two teams tying to capture a flag the gameplay and feeling of the guns feel the same as they did in Nov 2004? don't get me wrong its fun and i had a really good eve on it, the nostalgia is there but it feels like its a cover album of Halos greatest hits made for 4k displays and 60fps. is that a bad thing? should we be expecting more or is this what halo fans want?
      Last edited by Lebowski; 29-11-2021, 15:34.

Comment

Lebowski...

The download speed thing is interesting. I get the complete opposite on BT here where my Series X is hitting full download speed but the OS5 wasn't. What I have done on both recently is override the DNS IP to point at google servers and open ports which seems to have made it run better.

Also on Xbox it downloads at half speed if you're playing a game. It you go into my games & apps you should see an option above the queue to "suspend my game". That closes your game into quick resume (if supported) and let's the queue download full speed.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Lebowski...

The download speed thing is interesting. I get the complete opposite on BT here where my Series X is hitting full download speed but the OS5 wasn't. What I have done on both recently is override the DNS IP to point at google servers and open ports which seems to have made it run better.

Also on Xbox it downloads at half speed if you're playing a game. It you go into my games & apps you should see an option above the queue to "suspend my game". That closes your game into quick resume (if supported) and let's the queue download full speed.

Hope this helps.
          I downloaded a few indies and thought id just leave the bigger things going while i played a bit of Hades which must be the issue here with the slow downloads. Who at Microsoft thought this was a good idea i can understand it for online stuff but if im playing an offline game like hades then why halve your download speed ?
          Last edited by Lebowski; 29-11-2021, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            Who knew that me getting a Series x would Close down a thread
            It just gets messy if people don't realise there's a new thread, so I locked it.
            Please don't buy another Xbox, so I don't have to start yet another thread!

Comment

Carrying on with lebs adventures with game pass i played some State of Decay 2 last night. The juggernaut edition brings together 2 years worth of patches and improvements and it felt pretty good to play. its the definition of mid-tier gaming though as its very Janky in its story telling and character design but is fun game and if you like a bit of exploration and zombie killing with a bit of light resource management and base building this could be for you.

It's all about scavenging and survival and building up your base in a third person style zombie apocalypse, you do this by heading out on a series of missions, and finding places of interest to explore for loot, recruiting people to your community finding resources and clearing out zombie infestations is the order of the day here and its an enjoyable game with a nice sense of progression.

I was a big fan of the first game which was an xbox live arcade game on the 360, it really felt like it needed a better engine and a bit more power to really capitalize on what it was trying to do. It's nice to see this is a continuation of the first game and the engine is now holding up pretty well. This for me is about as close as you can get to a Walking Dead style video game which captures that exploration and survival aspect of the first few season.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 30-11-2021, 15:15.

Comment

Coming December 14, alongside the new Season 2: Point Defense update, the standard edition of Aliens: Fireteam Elite will be available with Xbox Game Pass on both Xbox and Windows 10! This also means cross play will be available between all Xbox and PC players who install via the Microsoft Store version of the game. […]

Aliens Fireteam in game pass soon...

Comment

Xbox Cloud Gaming has partnered with Microsoft Edge to create an improved experience with optimizations now available exclusively in the Microsoft Edge browser, providing the optimal look and feel while playing Xbox games from the cloud.   Today, we are excited to invite you to experience Clarity Boost, one of the latest cloud gaming optimizations available on Microsoft Edge Canary. This feature uses a set of client-side scaling improvements to improve the visual quality of the video stream. Download Microsoft […]

Interesting tech to enhance image quality on Edge/Chromium cloud streaming...

Comment

Comment

Just noticed this hit game pass.... never even heard of it.

Comment

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/...-edge-browser/

Interesting tech to enhance image quality on Edge/Chromium cloud streaming...
                        How is your experience with cloud gaming, i put a few games on for the rewards and its handy to be able to say play Avengers for ten minutes so you don't have to download it for a quest. i found it pretty unplayable via the cloud though very low resolution and very low frame-rate lots of screen tearing and slow refresh, ive checked my network and its pulling down 400 odd meg on a speed check on the xbox, its connected straight to the router via Ethernet too so i dont think my network is an issue.

Comment

Xbox is bloody good at the minute! New first party games, enhanced backward compatability, amazing value with gamepass and powerful hardware. Even the Series S packs a punch and is underated for the value, I plan on buying one for the bedroom when I move house next year.

I've had a great time playing PS5 earlier this years catching up on my PS4 backlog with the enhancments, but find myself gravitating towards the Xbox this year end. Forza Horizon 5 is stunning, Halo multiplayer is back on form and the Halo campaign is looking great. Next year has more exlusives to come too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            How is your experience with cloud gaming, i put a few games on for the rewards and its handy to be able to say play Avengers for ten minutes so you don't have to download it for a quest. i found it pretty unplayable via the cloud though very low resolution and very low frame-rate lots of screen tearing and slow refresh, ive checked my network and its pulling down 400 odd meg on a speed check on the xbox, its connected straight to the router via Ethernet too so i dont think my network is an issue.
                            Honestly its a mixed bag. On PC via Edge I've not had the best experience as latency has been an issue. Similar to you I've had the stream get choppy and in general it swing between being acceptable to unplayable depending on the title.

On console though, using my Series X hardwired into the router, it's been pretty solid and have played titles such at Hades in full 1080p60 with little to no discernable latency.

Obviously it topping out at 1080p is still a limitation given the same game can hit 4K installed... but playability wise it's a different experience to what I've had on PC and I don't know why.

Even on mobile its been a similar story. I just think some games fare better than others and it really depends on your device and setup.

Comment

Honestly its a mixed bag. On PC via Edge I've not had the best experience as latency has been an issue. Similar to you I've had the stream get choppy and in general it swing between being acceptable to unplayable depending on the title.

On console though, using my Series X hardwired into the router, it's been pretty solid and have played titles such at Hades in full 1080p60 with little to no discernable latency.

Obviously it topping out at 1080p is still a limitation given the same game can hit 4K installed... but playability wise it's a different experience to what I've had on PC and I don't know why.

Even on mobile its been a similar story. I just think some games fare better than others and it really depends on your device and setup.
                              Will have to trouble shoot it then if i should be getting a better a better experience, just wanted to make sure it wasn't the norm.

Comment

Working...
                              X