No announcement yet.

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, you kind of have to pass over the ownership aspect as you're no more protected now by digital and less so by Game Pass. The closest to digital ownership now is PC and even that would require severing your software via cracks from the stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Yep, you kind of have to pass over the ownership aspect as you're no more protected now by digital and less so by Game Pass. The closest to digital ownership now is PC and even that would require severing your software via cracks from the stores.
      I got into the whole digital only thing out of pure convenience playing on two in consoles in different parts of the house, it just made more sense to go digital and not have to use discs in that scenario.

Now on Xbox I've got at least 400 titles either bought or through GWG etc... plus a few more through game pass. In all the time I've been digital I can't really count too many titles that have been delisted that I bought. So really I can't complain... it is what it is. As long as you know that I think that's fine.

Comment

I'm the same. Digital only for basically the whole of the PS4 gen. Got a tonne of games in my list and yeah as you said Nonny, I don't think any have been delisted. I guess it's the potential risk though.

Comment

Difference is though if your net goes down gamepass is absolutely useless and you can’t play the game at all even single player, your disk will still work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Difference is though if your net goes down gamepass is absolutely useless and you can’t play the game at all even single player, your disk will still work just fine.
            Hotspot your phone? I think my internet has gone off twice in a decade as well... All up I think whilst everything negative in this setup is plausible and can happen, the reality is it doesn't happen all that often.

Comment

DF analysis of Halo Campaign is out. They've highlighted some odd lighting effects. I'll be honest, watching other vids I haven't seen any problems.

Comment

For any one not doing xbox rewards id highly recommend it seven days of xbox ownership has netted me about 7000 points through doing a few tasks and activating a few punch cards while i'm playing, this is without spending anything too. 5000 points is good for about £5 worth of xbox credit which is a nice bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  For any one not doing xbox rewards id highly recommend it seven days of xbox ownership has netted me about 7000 points through doing a few tasks and activating a few punch cards while i'm playing, this is without spending anything too. 5000 points is good for about £5 worth of xbox credit which is a nice bonus.
                  Welcome to the last few years of my life. Rewards has quite literally paid for a huge part of my hobby...

Also you get rewards now for using the Xbox app on your phone (not the game pass app, that actual Xbox one).

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    DF analysis of Halo Campaign is out. They've highlighted some odd lighting effects. I'll be honest, watching other vids I haven't seen any problems.
                    I think it's fair criticism. I still think it looks good but time of day seems to make some parts look flat.

Maybe the planned ray tracing system helps but honestly I still think it looks pretty amazing given the scale.

Best part of DF analysis is 343 have responded to some observations, which is great... so with any luck some if not all are fixed or tweaked with further patching.

Comment

Reviews seem to be coming in strong, a slight wariness as it's common for Halo's to get strong reviews they don't end up matching up to and even the praisey ones seem to include a lot of fundamental issues with the game but we'll see. 343 have really bounced around the place campaign wise to interested to see where they land on this one

Comment

I'm super excited. It's been 6 years and more if you ignore Halo 5 given you hardly play any of it as MC.

Most reviews are saying this feels like a new generation of Halo 1-3... It can launch with as many minor bugs and lighting anomalies as it likes, if it's as fun as those games I'll be playing this campaign several times before the year it out.

I'm also hopeful it'll get some patches to iron out a few things in the coming weeks.

Now I just have to finish Uncharted 4 in the next 48hrs...
                        Last edited by nonny; 06-12-2021, 15:39.

Comment

I’m not a huge FPS type of person don’t mind them but certainly don’t go out of my way to play them
                          Not played a lot of halo finished only one ODST I think with Ganbare goemon way back in the day so certainly not clued up with the halo lore
                          but im quite looking forward to halo infinite don’t know why maybe a change from FH5 haha at about 200hrs own everything and top 500 on the accolades hall of fame. Time to put a little time into something else for a couple days

roll on Wednesday

Comment

Every time you want to replay a campaign level/mission you need to restart Halo Infinite with a brand new game save file as it doesn't support players replaying SP missions

Comment

pre-loading now

Comment

Was just about to post about this. Level select on the way though. Like many other things. Hmm.

Halo Infinite campaign level select will be added to the game at a later date, 343 Industries has told Stevivor, meaning players will be able to replay missions without the need to start the game from scratch.

Having fun with the PvP, albeit not playing more than 3-4 games a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X