No announcement yet.

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On reflection, MS have been dialling back their software security for a while now and Forza Horizon 5 was cracked on PC within an hour of it going live. I'd wager that's the reason why preloading has been held back on Infinite

Comment

Launch day for a big new Halo feels a little muted for me, probably because of the straight to GPU factor. I can't complain having it sat there on my system ready to go, but I just don't get the same feeling.

Saying that, my kids have been all over Forza Horizon 5 since launch and that probably saved me over £100 straight away. So there are more pozzes than negs to the model.

Comment

Yeah I have fond memories of midnight launches queuing to get an actual physical copy like everyone else and then playing late into the night for a first run on adrenaline.

That just seems like a historic way now though. I'm fully digital and I neither have the desire or ability to get my games that way anymore. Kids, pandemic, weather... yeah I'll download it and play it tonight when everyone else is in bed.

Comment

Gamepass is weird for me. I wouldn;t pay full price for it but I got 3 months for a quid. Finished hellblade and i expect I'll finish Halo, and will have enjoyed both of them. But I would never have bought either game otherwise. So, I guess in my case some devs are getting paid whereas they wouldn't have normally. I wonder how that stacks up against those that would have paid full price (or even a discounted price) for games bit instead just pay for gamepass and never pay for any games anymore. I guess MS and some devs must know how this is working out; shame we can't find out!

Comment

I’m reading that the physical disc of infinite contains nothing but a drm check. Like no game code at all. That seems unlikely. I mean sure there’ll be a day one patch because that’s the world we live in but no game code at all in the disc?

Comment

I heard that there's also a video of the XBO reveal presentation and a jpg saying 'told you all so'

Comment

I heard that if you try and lend it to a friend Phil Spencer comes round and personally punches you in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  I’m reading that the physical disc of infinite contains nothing but a drm check. Like no game code at all. That seems unlikely. I mean sure there’ll be a day one patch because that’s the world we live in but no game code at all in the disc?
                  It doesn’t contain a useable file no. Honestly this is pretty disgusting, not only can you not play this disk offline in any way (campaign only obviously) as its not a usable file, MS have knowingly printed million’s of these things wasting all those resources, there’s an environmental impact here for a product that doesn’t work at all.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-12-2021, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    It doesn’t contain a useable file no. Honestly this is pretty disgusting, not only can you not play this disk offline in any way as its not a usable file, MS have knowingly printed million’s of these things wasting all those resources, there’s an environmental impact here for a product that doesn’t work at all.
                    Yes those 1000 users still using discs and not downloading it direct from game pass will be disgusted with having to install anything from the internet...

Comment

Don matrick is getting what he wanted after all... still, at least I was there during the golden years, as I now enter my own golden years.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Yes those 1000 users still using discs and not downloading it direct from game pass will be disgusted with having to install anything from the internet...
                        Yeah! god forbid anyone wants to worry about game preservation.
                        Honestly your blanket defence of anything Microsoft does is getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                          Yeah! god forbid anyone wants to worry about game preservation.
                          Honestly your blanket defence of anything Microsoft does is getting ridiculous
                          Lol seriously!? Firstly I'm clearly joking so calm down a little... and secondly we live in an age where both main generation consoles have digital only versions with this particular one offering day one subscription access to this title.

Just an observation but I think the digital sales will be significantly greater.

Also, I'm not condoning shipping a useless disc... that's a crap situation. But also practically every title needs a day one patch, which sucks but is the way things are these days.

Comment

It should have maybe come with an install disk.

Comment

It shows how online orientated MS is but I guess considering we know there are markets that Nintendo and Sony both do well from as they're poorer countries or just ones with lower net quality this is a sign that MS is in a way abandoning those markets and hoping new audiences make up the difference. That's setting aside the data caps aspect but MS seem not bothered by that one either. It's mostly interesting from the POV that again MS is arguably making the angle of piracy appealing again for those who want to retain or preserve their games in some form.

Comment

Putting out a disc with nothing on it is crap to be honest. It’s not the end of the world, and, yeah, most users will get it from GP anyway, but it’s still crap. At least put the bloody game software on the disc if you’re going to make one.

Comment

Working...
                                X