Silent Hill 4: The Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!

I am not far from the start. There is a "Worm" in the Wall and the way, which crosses is blocked in both directions. what should I do there?

Chris

Comment

You need to do this...

Go back to your apartment as you cant do anything with that worm thing, it has no purpose other than decoration. Look out of your window and up at the hotel advertisement board. On there, theres a phone number which you need to dial. Should be able to progress beyond there.

Ironically thats the problem I was stuck on, and you provided the answer on page 1

Comment

Grmbl - thanx markus I did that telephone thing before, thats why i thought I dont have to call again....
        strange - but thats silent hill :-)

Comment

Bah - I'm ditching the comments I just made until I can get a better gauge as to the overal scope of the game.
          Last edited by Inertia_; 21-06-2004, 01:55.

Comment

I take it you are not impressed Inertia?

Comment

I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive from PA, but from what you've played so far, would you say it's easier or significantly more difficult than SH3?

Comment

Id say its easy, but only just after 4 hours or so getting more difficult. Most enemies can simply be avoided, if you ever do get low on health simply go back through the hole to your room to replenish. Theres little challenge so far, but I have a long way to go. The iron bar is enough to despatch most baddies, whilst the ability to move more freely allows for less difficult fights. Also, when knocked down, a baddie can simply be stamped on which kills it straight nine times out of ten. Not everything can be killed in a straightforward manner however, ghosts require something extra which I wont spoil for anyone.

Comment

Thanks for that Marcus.

Is the control and movement significantly different to that of SH3 would you say? I ask because you mentioned the ability to move more freely.

Comment

Its similar, just tweaked slightly. If being attacked, you can take a quick step back or to the side to avoid an enemy for example. Other than that its pretty much the same. So far none of the enemiesI Ive faced have filled me with dread mainly as they are so easily avoidable, which is to the games detriment. Fatal Frame 2 suffered badly from being too easy, having grotesque, scary enemies is one thing, but making them a pushover loses that effect somewhat.

Comment

On that, you can of course choose the hard option, but I tend to play all my games on Normal first as this is the way its intended. Perhaps normal is the new easy in adventure styled games?

Comment

I seem to remember you asking where the bunnies were in this game... It's your lucky day.

Comment

I see that one very often when spying on Eileen.. it looks so sinister.. like its going to move at any moment..

Comment

Well, I'm at the pet shop (which is about 2.5 hours in) and, although both intruiging and atmospheric, the game hasn't served up even a remote challenge. I've so far died once and that was as a result of an unexpected camera switch.

I'm impressed that the game has streamlined out all the backtracking and repetition the series has previously suffered, but it's making for more of an interactive puzzle-book than a 'survival horror'.

Similarly, though this is no detriment to the game in general, am I alone in being quite desensitised to the very one-track style of horror in these games?

Comment

Marcus> You know, every now and then when you look out the window you can see a bunny-shaped ballon in the distance..!

Comment

Dude, check my earlier post, I spoilerized the text where I mentioned that. Thought I was seeing things for a while, ended up being transfixed by this thing for about 10 minutes o_O

The one in Eileens bedroom looks pure evil.

Comment

Working...
                                X