• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, stats are always fun.

Lloyd:
    Level 18
    163 Encounters
    Highest combo: 23

You know, on the save screen, it's got a percentage for all the characters? Any idea what that is? Is it how much you've used them in battles?

I've not been using Raine either, but it's nice to know that she's levelling up with the rest of the group, should I ever be forced to use her or whatever.

Comment

Might be a stupid question, but how do you save? I've just started and when I go to the save option it's greyed out. I'm just in the temple looking for some ring so far.

Comment

There are circles on the floor that light up and make a funny noise when you stand on them, just press A on them and it'll let you save. You can also save anywhere on the World map.

Comment

I've been playing this today and so far I love the battle system and the game world. The voices irritated the **** out of me though, so I've got them turned off.

If you can get hold of the game now though I think you should, some places don't even stock the game over here and stores that do have very limited copies.

Comment

The percentage next to each character is how much you've used them in your main party of four, I believe.

This is the best RPG I've played since KoTOR, not counting Disgaea, which wasn't actually an RPG. It was an evil drug.

Comment

Yeah theres a map on the options screen somewhere and the game world is huge, so I'm expecting an 80 hour+ epic here too, dunno if thats with the leveling up you have to go through though.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                Anyone else finding this game really hard?
                I'm having the opposite problem... I'm about 9 hours in and finding it a little too easy.

Edit: Also, I'd recommend putting Raine in the party... any time Kratos spends on healing you could be better spent with him kicking ass. If you get Kratos on one side of a monster and Lloyd on the other, a lot of the time you smack it around so much it never has a chance to attack.
                Last edited by Syngyne; 20-07-2004, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Syngyne
                  I'm having the opposite problem... I'm about 9 hours in and finding it a little too easy.
                  I'm finding the same. I'm on around 28 hours now (and still on disk 1, by the way, if that gives any indication of length), and I've really not had trouble with any of the fights for quite a while.

I'm tempted to stick it onto hard and see what difference that makes (assuming you can change difficulty mid-game).

Comment

Took me 80 hours to complete the Japanese version.Then I continued to play to gather all the bonus items/bosses.

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
                      mine arrived this morning, no biggie there BUT no prog scan support??

I feel for a major gamcube release this shouldn't happen won't spoil the enjoyment but still annoying none the less
                      That's a real biggy for me, so much so that I won't be buying it. It's not that I'm just a VGA whore (although anything less looks ****e now), but I cannot be arsed to keep swapping cables between my monitor and TV.

I was quite looking forward to this, but they'll be plenty of other stuff to keep me inetrested through the summer.

Comment

Maybe nothing this dam good though, it really is a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Syngyne

Edit: Also, I'd recommend putting Raine in the party... any time Kratos spends on healing you could be better spent with him kicking ass. If you get Kratos on one side of a monster and Lloyd on the other, a lot of the time you smack it around so much it never has a chance to attack.
                          So who do you recommend getting rid of? The Chosen one has some really neat attacks and Genus is pretty handy too...
                          I'll try losing Genus and adding in Raine, see if that makes things easier.

I guess I'm not finding the game so difficult now, especially as I have access to healing etc. For a while I was left with no healing potions or spells, and I was screwed! Occasionally I'll get killed by a surprisingly difficult enemy, such as those giant birds that 'peck' you and can take off over 700hp in a single attack

Comment

Hey there, long time reader first time poster here. I got the game recently and I'm loving it. The battling's fun, the story's engrossing. It's a cool experience and one the GameCube has needed for a long time now.

I'm around eleven hours in, my characters are around level twenty and are doing some decent amounts of damage. I've just got the Spiritua Statue and got a look at the Book Of Regeneration.

Comment

Theres some nice humour in the game, anybody catch the Titanic reference?

Don't forget you can heal characters using magic from the options screen, I don't tend to use the female elf, but use her to heal my members after a battle. Oh, is anybody else scanning bosses and the like? I got my Monster Book yesterday and started filling it.

So far the hardest thing for me hasn't been the bosses but that bloody evil treasure chest in the 2nd dungeon.

Right now I'm on my way to get the Book of Regeneration.

Comment

Yeah that Fake box was a bit of a surprise, it completely wiped me out the first time.

Did everyone else take the boat to the East? I opted not to and decided to explore the big middle land, so I'm currently getting my arse kicked in the Tower of Mana and also a mid-boss in the ruined city of Ascard. Both have stupid amounts of health (about 15 thousand HP), but I can get them both down to about 4000 health left. Two different plot lines being stopped by two really hard bosses. Arse!

Comment

Working...
                                X