Tales of Symphonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taurusnipple
    Don't forget you can heal characters using magic from the options screen, I don't tend to use the female elf, but use her to heal my members after a battle.
    It's worth using her in battle, though, so that she learns new skills. Some of the higher level healing skills are really useful.

So far the hardest thing for me hasn't been the bosses but that bloody evil treasure chest in the 2nd dungeon.
    Can you actually beat that, then? I assumed it was one of those "come back in 50 hours time and try again"-type optional bosses and just left it alone.

Comment

That's what I assumed James. I didn't try and beat it again at the risk of being wiped out again !

Edit:

Theres some nice humour in the game, anybody catch the Titanic reference?
      Yeah, I noticed that, but I thought Genis getting a spanking and Lloyd getting a kicking from Raine was funnier. If only for the music !
      Last edited by -Lionhart-; 21-07-2004, 14:35.

Comment

Yeah you can beat the box, it wasn't that difficult if you make sure you don't just rush in. It's most powerful move is when it starts throwing all sorts of crap at you, if you defend or avoid this the rest is pretty easy.

I have been worried about opening boxes ever since though!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS
          Can you actually beat that, then? I assumed it was one of those "come back in 50 hours time and try again"-type optional bosses and just left it alone.
          With about 10 hours play you can smoke that boss ;D
          Last edited by nemesis_god; 21-07-2004, 17:16.

Comment

I'm completely hooked now

The stories just taken a REALLY great twist and I'm really caring about what happens to some of the characters even to the point of not letting colette getting KOed so often.

Heres my stats so far:

Lloyd:

Level 27
            Encounters 425
            Highest Combo 34

Time to play till the wee hours!

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that, but I thought Genis getting a spanking and Lloyd getting a kicking from Raine was funnier. If only for the music ![/QUOTE]

Yeah I liked that part as well. I'm not too far into the game but am enjoying it, good to see we are all getting stuck on the same parts such as the box. How long till we can expect a review of it on here guys?

Comment

10 hours in, just done the Wind shrine. Finally getting the hang of just about everything in the game now, hurrah!

Is this the next game in the Tales series (Tales of Rebirth)? Seems to be using exactly the same engine anyway.

Comment

Whats the cheapest place to pick this title up? I'm really feeling to buy this game now.

Comment

VG+ of course!

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product...s_id=6900]Link. Well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                      10 hours in, just done the Wind shrine. Finally getting the hang of just about everything in the game now, hurrah!

Is this the next game in the Tales series (Tales of Rebirth)? Seems to be using exactly the same engine anyway.
                      Yep it is, but it's for PS2 and I think the engine is completely differente.
                      Maybe I'm wrong but the game is 2D, like FF7, with pre-made backgrounds.
                      Not Full 3D like Sumphonia

Comment

So is this (as in Tales Of Symphonia, the one we're all playing) a remake or a completely new game? Just curious... I can't seem to find out.

Comment

It's a new game. The series is, AFAIK:

Tales of Phantasia (SNES, with remakes for PS1 and GBA)
                          Tales of Destiny (PS1)
                          Tales of Eternia (PS1, called Tales of Destiny II in the US)
                          Tales of Symphonia (GC and PS2)
                          Tales of Rebirth (PS2, not out yet)

Symphonia apparently has vague connections to Phantasia, but I've not played that one so I don't know for sure.

Comment

I wish my game would hurry up and get here BTW, when a game is sent out from VG+ and reaches the UK, who actually delivers it? The posty or Parcel Force?

Waz

Comment

I think the next one on Gamecube is meant to be Tales of Eternia but that was just a rumour.

I really want this game but will have to wait till the price crashes or I canget second hand. Is it just me though or do RPGs never seem to drop in price, and are always valued higher second hand?

Comment

Originally posted by wazy15
                                I wish my game would hurry up and get here BTW, when a game is sent out from VG+ and reaches the UK, who actually delivers it? The posty or Parcel Force?

Waz
                                I'm waiting too. Sadly though the postman has been but im still ToS less. I ordered on Monday too... dammit. That was my entire day planned as well. Ah well.

Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow...
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X