Tales of Symphonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taurusnipple
    right now I've a blue Fierce Demon Fang so I've got to use a few more Double Demon Fang to get it.
    I think those two skills are mutually exclusive. They both come from Demon Fang, but Fierce is the "Strike" version, and double is the "Technical" version. If you want Fierce, you'll need to forget Double and shift your EX skills around to get your character's type guage thing over to S.

Comment

And now it's my turn to play the waiting game, ordered it last night at VG+ and was shipped out after around an hour or so ordering it, so I reckon it should come Friday, but sat at the latest.

I really can't wait for this one after reading all 10 pages of this topic, i'm a bit miffed about the cutscenes only being in game, are there not more anime cutscenes then the intro?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
        I really can't wait for this one after reading all 10 pages of this topic, i'm a bit miffed about the cutscenes only being in game, are there not more anime cutscenes then the intro?
        I'm about 35 hours in (and loving every single minute!) but all the cutscenes have been in-game so far, so i'd be surprised if they're anymore like the intro.

Comment

Last edited by Mario; 18-06-2012, 20:36.

Comment

Well, after not even knowing what ToS was last night, I have ordered it this morning
            Reading about it reminds me of SoA and chrono trigger, which I loved and it seems like a really interesting game
            so let's hope it comes quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Mario
              Damn you guys, I was just happy waiting for this game to be PAL, but now I can't! Your views have insipred me to get the US version, will be ordering it in a minute, from www.importmadness.co.uk.

I'm in for a REAL TREAT I take it?
              I wouldnt m8, they are a very bad company, trust me, order from VG+ ask anyone.

Comment

are there not more anime cutscenes then the intro?
                There are more but they're rare, and you don't get any until quite a long way in. I think I've had about three now.

Comment

Haven't had any problems with them in the past? Plus I get a free memory card with them.

EDIT: I'll probably buy it from VG+ now, still dissapointed with no memory card though
                  Last edited by Mario; 27-07-2004, 15:13.

Comment

i kinda split my stuff between DBO and VG+

Both are excellent imo

Comment

Be a coward and run off.
                      Heh. Nah, i did it about half an hour a go

- This time i owned them. Not a single character got KO'd, and i onlylost a tiny bit of health!

Im off to find a ship now. Its getting exciting...

edit: Just this second got to the dock area ? beautiful indeed.

In the area before, with the caves (where the women, who seems on intent in killing the chosen, jumps out from), there was some dude challenging me to a fight. Being the coward that I am I declined his offer, but shall see what it entails when I play again (which will inevitably be in 5mins or so, heh). I wanted to save beforehand you see?

I?ve improved in the battle quite considerably now. Am able to pull off some impressive looking links and combos and using strategy to command my companions. The learning curve and enjoyment involved is a testament of the game?s excellence in this department: unlike turn-base battles, these are actually fun*
                      Last edited by Adam Stone; 27-07-2004, 18:26.
                      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

That skull is the massive four armed skeleton in the anime intro, it's practically useless to try and fight him when you first see him, you's best come back in a few hours (I did and I wasted the boney ****).

I think the games fantastic, as mentioned before it has a similar SOA feel about it and it's just a great summer game, absolutely spiffing I say .
                        Last edited by Sergeant Syphillis; 27-07-2004, 19:48.

Comment

Heh. Nah, i did it about half an hour a go

- This time i owned them. Not a single character got KO'd, and i onlylost a tiny bit of health!

Im off to find a ship now. Its getting exciting...

edit: Just this second got to the dock area ? beautiful indeed.

In the area before, with the caves (where the women, who seems on intent in killing the chosen, jumps out from), there was some dude challenging me to a fight. Being the coward that I am I declined his offer, but shall see what it entails when I play again (which will inevitably be in 5mins or so, heh). I wanted to save beforehand you see?

I?ve improved in the battle quite considerably now. Am able to pull off some impressive looking links and combos and using strategy to command my companions. The learning curve and enjoyment involved is a testament of the game?s excellence in this department: unlike turn-base battles, these are actually fun*
                          You can own a ship? Or just hire one? If you can own one....

Comment

That 4 armed skeleton foe is some sod to beat. However he?s weak point seems to be light, so will have to go back when I can expose his weakness! *evil laugh*

I?ve progressed time-wise quite a bit since then? however haven actually gotten much further distance wise. Im a little bit? unsure? where and what I should be doing at the moment if truth be told.

Im currently in Hima, ?the Village of Adventures? as the guy in the pretty funky hat calls it. I went to Izoold, the small port, however was approached with reluctance towards setting sail. Since then I?ve been exploring the hub-land area, found some people and learnt about the bird which glows and received the Linkite Nut, found a another human ranch (but couldnt go in) and another village where you see the Assassin women surrounded by kids (looked like she was playing hide and seek with them?)

But, im not actually sure what I should be doing at the moment. Do I need to go back anywhere or continue to wander?

Oh, and a few stats (stats are always fun)

Time ? 7hours 50mins (keeping in mind I lost over a hour on saves)
                            Encounters ? 141
                            Combo ? 18
                            Lloyd is on Level 14 (i only use Lloyd as the playable character)

Are these fairely acceptable? Or should I be concentrating more on leveling up? Any help about where to go next will be most appreciated

Edit: aha! Just found out from Sophia what i need to do next (well, i hope so anyhow )

Edit 2: Yay. Have progressed quite considerably now. The further you get the more amazing it becomes. Asgard looks and even feels quite incredible. The amount of character interaction is superb. I'm starting to get a bit tired now, but i just cant stop playing. heh. Oh, a slight stat update:

Time ? 9hhours 30mins
                            Encounters ? 183
                            Combo ? 20
                            Lloyd is on Level 16

Really loving this...
                            Last edited by Adam Stone; 27-07-2004, 23:52.
                            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Just finished.....

...but there is a pretty cool option you get at the end! I won't spoil it, all I'll say is you'd better save up as much grade as possible

Off I go again

EDIT: Oh final stats

Level: 70
                              Play time: 57:26
                              Combo:44
                              Encounters:961
                              Last edited by a_c_saunders; 28-07-2004, 00:38.

Comment

I am so annoyed! Got the package today but they sent me Four Swords instead, even though the invoice in the package says Tales of Symphonia. I am pretty gutted after waiting a whole week and I have e-mailed them to see what they say, but this is taking the piss.

Waz

Comment

Working...
                                X