No announcement yet.

Outrun2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to pay ?3, I thought thats how much it cost.

Comment

I had to pay ?3 for the Outrun 2 taster as well. Although I felt more cheated paying ?2 the Burnout demo in all honesty, especially when I realised it was the same one as the demo of the official PS2 magazine DVD (bought for the Silent Hill 4 demo incidentally).

Demo madness ahoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
        I had to pay ?3 for the Outrun 2 taster as well. Although I felt more cheated paying ?2 the Burnout demo in all honesty, especially when I realised it was the same one as the demo of the official PS2 magazine DVD (bought for the Silent Hill 4 demo incidentally).

Demo madness ahoy.
        Indeed. I've gotten more play out of the demo than I have R6 3: Black Arrow, which is collecting dust as I type

Comment

Got my demo today. goin to play it now! byebye!

Comment

You people do realise that the price of the demo acts as a deposit on the full game yes?.

The demo's main purpose is to boost pre-order figures same as the Burnout 3 demo.

Comment

but you dont have to buy the game if you dont want to, Nisa

Comment

and ?3 is the going rate, Game are about to do a bunch of exclusive pre-order demos around that price (including San Andreas).

Comment

I like the fact that the demo is online too. There should be more of that, across genres .

Comment

Got the demo today and for some reason it doesn't click like the arcade version did. I personally prefer the wheel and pedal combo as it gives so much better control. For some reason the XBOX version seems faster than the arcade, not sure if it's just me :|

Waz

Comment

Speed wise it`s exactly the same as the arcade version, theres no difference what so ever. As for the handling well the arcades heavy duty force feedback wheel and pedals are always gonna be the prefered choice but seeing that most of us can`t afford a cabinet, i think sumo have done a great job on transalating the handling to the pad and feels great after a few goes. It`s a shame really that microsoft never got of there arses and provided us with a decent FF wheel. I can`t see how anyone whos played and liked the arcade version can have any gripes about this home conversion.

Comment

Just took the demo online for the first time and wasnt that impressed tbh with you. I adore the single player offline demo, but it just didnt seem that great online.

Firstly, the fact that if you are in any position but 1st, you cannot actually finish the race. Now, what the hell is that all about? I managed to win all of the races (now shifting down to initiate the drift on castle wall stage 3, and it does indeed make a big difference!). Even if youre in last place, you surely deserve to at least finish the race, and see how far behind you were the rest of the pack. PGR2's end of race summary does this perfectly and whilst completely different in nature I cant see why Outrun 2 cant have a similar summary.

Oh, and speaking of end of race shenanigans, it doesnt even tell you your section/total times. Why the hell not?

Catchup - its ****.

And you cannot look behind you. Obviously in single player theres no need to look behind, but it an online race scenario which, when catchup is turned on, has numerous overtakes, the lack of being able to see behind is cripling. With catchup off you can essentially just blaze ahead, but with catchup on you are a sitting duck to other racers. A small piece of text on the bottom of the screen showing whos behind you is useless.

And the collision between cars was utterly shocking, with cars warping all over the place or simply behaving bizarrely. This may have been lag (I hope it was).

I know this is a demo, and I'm fully expecting (or at least hoping for) a very different online experience with the full game. If not, I'll be playing the full game almost exclusively offline.

<crosses fingers for online improvements>

Comment

OMG!!!!!. This is may only be a demo, but it's my game of the year already.
                          This is SEGA through and through even down to the title screen with the music playing in the backround.

Beautiful game, 1 of the best looking games ever, from it's Rallisport II like backgrounds, with some of the best water effect around (love the way the sun light bounces off the water) There's also some lovely use of colour as well. And the frame rate is spot on 60fps all the way BABY!!.

Control is spot on, the drifts are just insane. Sound is just unreal with the most deafening engine roar, I've ever heard in any videogame .

Other will try but you can't beat the AM#2 lads when it comes to racers. I haven't felt this good about a racer since I've 1st played Daytona USA, Sega Rally onthe Saturn.

Happy Days!!! are here again

To be this good really does take SEGA.

Hats off to the Sumo Digital guys for an awesome port, and even SEGA Europe too

Going to try the LIVE part latter on tonight

Comment

Firstly, the fact that if you are in any position but 1st, you cannot actually finish the race. Now, what the hell is that all about? I managed to win all of the races (now shifting down to initiate the drift on castle wall stage 3, and it does indeed make a big difference!). Even if youre in last place, you surely deserve to at least finish the race, and see how far behind you were the rest of the pack. PGR2's end of race summary does this perfectly and whilst completely different in nature I cant see why Outrun 2 cant have a similar summary.
                            Don't all Sega arcade racers do this though?, I can't speak for Daytona & Sega Rally because I haven't played them in the arcades for years but I know Initial D certainly doesn't allow the losing player to finish the race, just think of it as an added incentive to improve your abilty =p

Comment

I Preffer that it cuts the race short, so you can start another one

Comment

after hearing how good this demo is i really can't wait for this jewel to hit the streets. does annyone know a solid release date ? and can i obtain the demo in holland (the netherlands) too ? i'd love to get my hands on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X