No announcement yet.

Outrun2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just driving slowly to look at the people on the pavement and found this out.

Reach about 20mph and tap brake for 2sec then let go of everything. The car will maintain a speed of 9mph, it just sticks there.

Cruise control

Comment

yeah that's Italian manufacturing for you

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
        I was just driving slowly to look at the people on the pavement and found this out.

Reach about 20mph and tap brake for 2sec then let go of everything. The car will maintain a speed of 9mph, it just sticks there.

Cruise control
        No, that's what cars do when they're in gear, the engine just ticking over

Comment

LMAO @ above!!

I'm pretty much over the novelty of the demo and back into Gradius practice. I doubt I can afford an XBox with live just yet, as much as I'd like one.

Things may change before Oct 1st.

With this new factory work I'm gettng into I'm gonna have both tons of cash AND time which means I can play more than one game properly! Jesus! That just might balance out the aspect of putting up with a ****ty job.
          Last edited by dataDave; 10-09-2004, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
            I'm pretty much over the novelty of the demo
            Yeah, same here. I might still boot the bitch up now and again before the 1st of October, but its starting to get repetitive beyond belief now.

Still, I now have the game mechanics well and truly nailed, and am prepared for the full game in a few weeks time. The demo's done a good job then ^_^

Comment

crazy question for you guys...
              I live in NY so no Outrun2 demo yet!

It comes out Oct 27 here, so does anyone have an extra demo
              that your willing to sell... You guys are geting it Oct 1!!!!
              Can you help me out...

Thanks!

Comment

OutRun2 for the home sounds really really mint. Thank you for all the passionate impressions.

"Some, questions..." (as Gareth would say)

Has anyone experienced buying an X-Box, and all the faff in setting it up for on-line in Japan (dcharlie are you there are you there?)? I remember what a pain in the bum Mina No Golf Online for PS2 was (my first and only on-line experience).

What are we talking price wise for monthly fees and the kit?

Does anyone know when OutRun2 for the home is released in Japan? Does it have an exact release date?

I fecking love OutRun2. Thats gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I was playing this last night and... bloody hell! This really is (visually) pants compared to the Arcade isn't it?

This must be the first time since my CPC6128 that I've been disappointed with the graphics promised and delivered.

But the gameplay is all there and nothing beats driving red Ferraris in the sun with a bird in the passenger seat.

Comment

Got my sticky mitts on this last night............

The feeling of dissatisfaction wasn't what I was expecting.

The interface is fine, if a little sterile, suppose it goes with the whole retro feel of the game. Screen seems VERY bright, turned down the brightness in the options but it still seems to be a bit glary.

First run I just missed the finish line by a second, nailed it every time after that. The number of corners that can be taken at full whack is poor, where is the balance? Drifting is easy but the steering response as a whole is ****e. It's more digital than analogue, very difficult to thread through traffic.

What's with the other cars? They look like sprites and jump about the track like some magnetic jobs with a dodgy connection, a few times a CPU car would jump across the track instead of hitting a barrier or another car.

Looking at the speedo (180mph+), then look at the screen. Big difference there! It feels so S L O W.

Probably love the real thing but so far I'm underwhelmed. If this was developed/published by someone other than SEGA I'm pretty sure this would be slated.

Going from BO3 to this and back again is like being in a Back to the Future feature.......

Comment

Are you playing on Easy? Whack the difficulty up. If you already have then I bow down.

Comment

There's a mark for someone who "doesn't get it".

Remember its a sequel to "Out Run". It's a complicated beast these games. Maybe its another Marmite game?

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                          There's a mark for someone who "doesn't get it".

Remember its a sequel to "Out Run". It's a complicated beast these games. Maybe its another Marmite game?
                          I 'get' the game and its roots, I was just expecting more from it.

I'm expecting more from the full game, mostly for the extra modes available.

Comment

A few things to keep in mind about this,

1, is that you're only taking the Easy route in the demo. There ARE harder routes in the full game, blatently.

2, is that the demo's missing a lot of content. Mission mode, heart attack mode (which is VERY fun), and the better Xbox Live online play (By better, I mean more players, the ability to choose your track as you go along, and TRAFFIC! Though, someone told me traffic is being taken out completely of online play... Tell me it ain't so...)

Another thing is that the Enzo Ferrari is notably harder to handle. You'll see that come October 1st...

I don't understand the complaining about this game to be honest. I personally didn't notice any difference between this and the arcade version in terms of graphical quality, and the conversion has been brilliant. There's a lot more content to come than what's in the demo, but i've been playing the demo online for a couple of hours now and i'm still not bored of it.

Just that sublime drift handling that does it for me.

Comment

People complain cos it's the easiest thing to do, if people want to write off a game's balance based on 3 of the easiest courses it's their loss - if they cant be bothered to explore the gorgeous drift model - again, their loss.

Comment

SPeaking of that drift model.... how shallow a drift can you get away with, I managed a tiny tiny smidgen of a sidways and still accellerated, damn scary what you can do.... CRAP must wait till 1st Oct, must wait till 1st Oct, must wait till 1st Oct, must wait till 1st Oct,

Comment

Working...
                                X