No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3 (Trial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy's got no class, and his Million Stab technique is well rusty, but the wall running antics towards the end of the vid are smart. The step up in complexity from DMC1, never mind the step up from DMC2, is staggering.

Saurian: Cheers for the stuff about the Million Stab and Aerial Rave, the boy can practically fly with the Swordmaster style!

Comment

More sickness....the new turnaround kick (performed by pushing towards an enemy behind you and pressing slash in any style) can be combo'd with regular sword attacks. Combining this with jump evades is disgusting!

His taunt game has changed too, his taunts get better the higher your current rank is. His 'SSS' one kicks arse !

The guy's terminally ill!!!!
      Last edited by Izayoi; 15-09-2004, 11:08.

Comment

Are there any skillful vids of this floating around yet?

Comment

The vid Marcus linked is fairly standard, and shows what can be done to a fair degree, but I, like many others on the forum, await Saurian's demolition of the new game system.

I also hunger for some VJ pwnage Saur, need some help refining my technique with Stylish Alastor and Captain Blue. Don't even get me started on VJ anyway, tis the best work Capcom have done in years...no question.

Comment

I recorded some absolute GRIME for you manz to enjoy:-

Tings Off Your Bar: (starring The Mighty Le Blanc)
            1st room - no damage run, just about everything he has in Swordmaster gets thrown out at them wannabe enemies + some really nice surf setups.

Not Without Incident: (starring The Mighty Le Blanc)
            2nd room - no damage clear, dirty Gunkata into SSS setup using Million Stab.

Residue Of Human Misery: (starring The Mighty Le Blanc)
            Nightclub - 1 hit accidently taken at the end, truly unbelievable defense though; Le Blanc's awareness of the area and the enemies really is as sick as it seems.

VJ Dant0r!!!1 (starring The Maniacal Saurian)
            Tech run on VJ with Dante - shows various setup possibilities and how to incorporate the guns without making too much mess.

Sent them to Marcus and like a smooth pimp he's gonna encode and upload them ^^

Comment

I received the CD today Saur, and will try to get these uploaded tonight.

Comment

Are we in for a treat marcus???

Comment

Ive not had the chance to see them yet, but Id suspect so Whats great for me is that this is only a trial version, yet people are already mastering Dante and developing combos, its the hallmark of a great game when people are so up for whats a short demo of the real thing. I can only imagine the possibilities once the Devil mode, additional moves and powerups will bring. Its just like the first one all over again.

Comment

Safe for that Marcus - proper!

Found out something grotty in Gunslinger that you probably already know but just incase: Off a jump you can actually get 4 Rain Storms in (off a really high jump off a ledge you can get more) - stay locked-on and cancel regular shot into Rain Storm and back into regular shot (as long as you start and stop the regular shot on the right frames you get next to no delay.

Feeling the shotgun now man! OMG! I fight with Ebony and Ivory as main offensive but you know when them irritating weak black reapers just need to leave (like they cant hold a phat combo, but dont hesitate to interrupt you when you're busy) - charged shot = 1 hit kill ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                      Safe for that Marcus - proper!

Found out something grotty in Gunslinger that you probably already know but just incase: Off a jump you can actually get 4 Rain Storms in (off a really high jump off a ledge you can get more) - stay locked-on and cancel regular shot into Rain Storm and back into regular shot (as long as you start and stop the regular shot on the right frames you get next to no delay).
                      Yeah man it works the same with Swordmaster with the Aerial Rave, cancelling it with regular shots. At the mo, Swordmaster is the main attraction, can't beat teh bung-fu! Stompin' a reaper into the floor with the standard hand-to-hand combo then lifting him, then following with a jump (while jumping, call the sword back) and Aerial Raving (cancelling with shots) the bitch until he cries. Rank should be high enough for a MONSTER Million Stab after that.

Comment

the game looks lovely

dante is an absolute prat

he says silly teenager stuff yet has moves straight out of a john woo flick

that scene with the pool table made me shout out loud, and i was playing it at work on my lunch break. caused quite a stir

i've never been good at dmc (got my little bro's friend to help me out on that chap who comes out of the mirror in dmc1, never played dmc2) so i can't comment on the combos and stuff, but it's still bloomin' great. i love the music when the baddies come too, it's got singing in it and everything

and it's quite obvious that i don't know what i'm talking about so i'm gonna go back to the outrun 2 thread. *walks away slowly amid blank stares from fellow posters*

Comment

Saurians videos can be found here - http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=28903

Comment

Is DMC3 significantly more compicated than the original in terms of move execution? Or will I be able to transfer my existing skillz across and perform comfortably?

Comment

You'll be able to transfer across easily man - unlearn DMC2 completely if it still contaminates your brain and play it initially as DMC1 ignoring the style attacks at first (EVERYTHING works as per DMC1 but with loads added).

Once you get used to the slightly different properties on his evade (he's got less invincible frames than DMC1), when and where to lock-on and the new enemy attack signposts you'll maul it!

The lock-on is different, it much easier to unlock, turn and lock onto another enemy manually and in addition you can push L3 to switch targets. L3 is most useful for setups rather than quickly switching targets on the fly - what I mean is that if you are surrounded you dont need to lock on now as Dante can change direction as he slashes. So you can batter enemies all around you without lock-on then mix it up into lock-on + command attacks when you are less prone to being hit from all sides. When I said L3 was better for setups I mean like if you have a bunch on enemies you can lock + uppercut into guns to knock one down, Switch with L3 and knock another down then switch again and surf the first one you hit to kill the second (L3 is better if it's planned, manually changing target is better if you need to be fast)

Comment

Sweet. I was a little concerned when I saw crosshairs over enemies in the videos as it reminded me of The Travesty (aka DMC2), but it sounds as though they've sorted that mess out.

It also sounds similar to DMC1 in that you can hold off the lock-on attacks while surrounded, line them up and then use the R1 combos to nail them. I hope they've got Ifrit in there somewhere, it was great brawling as well as owning them with Alastor (especially as you had to switch for some enemies for better effect).

Cheers, youth!

Comment

Working...
                                X