No announcement yet.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link SBV, there hasn't been any moment that had me clueless as to where to go but the gameplay is quite deep and printing the faq will probably set me back a toner. I like to cherish (?) the games that really 'hit me' so it'll be some time before I finish it.(Being a completist I'll probably clear the game more than once just to get all the Magatama and 'hidden' demons).

Cheers Corrosion, knew I was mixing some names up and after defeating Matador the first time I didn't pay proper attention to the following dialoque. I, probably like you, felt a bit miffed that I had to do yet another whole dungeon after the fight. Glad there are sufficient save points but I seem to be running out of healing potions and MP very quick. It's getting tougher but somehow I see it as a positive thing.

Get well fast Bassman, hope you'll enjoy the game and I'm interested to hear your opinion on it.

Comment

I actually felt the difficulty subsided a little after the Matador fight. Perhaps it's because it's the first real test of your manipulation of the battle system and you're essentially forced to get it right. Since the Matador I've paid attention to the enemies and adapted my party quickly, though there has still been tough areas and bosses. With more to come, I wager

Comment

Originally posted by Corrosion
        I actually felt the difficulty subsided a little after the Matador fight.
        Hope you're right. I'm seriously short on money too

Since the Matador I've paid attention to the enemies and adapted my party quickly, though there has still been tough areas and bosses. With more to come, I wager
        I hope so. Got many Magatama's already ?

Comment

I'm proper loving this game, I'm playing it at every opportunity - the real locations are superb, it's proper Tokyo but dreamlike and surreal. This is exactly what I've been in the mood to play these days, something you can just immerse into and forget about how cold and rubbish it is outside ^^

Also not sure if you manz would be feeling this but I picked up this album:
          Tunes Rare Records : Page Not Found - 7 inch Vinyl 7 inch vinyl,10 inch vinyl,12 inch vinyl,LPs,vinyl records,rare vinyl,old vinyl

- after hearing the song "Danger" on the Digital Devil Saga trailer and seriously it's pretty special! (jazzed up drum n bass)

Comment

I only have one complaint about this game tho - but it does ruin the experience for me quite a lot:

The stupid way they change up all the dialogue for American versions - they make the characters sound so ****ing stupid sometimes, I'm sorry but most of the characters in that game would never dream of bussing the stupid lines Atlus have put in.

There's no voices thank god - but the dialogue reads like the usual "Dubtitles" you get on US RPGs, all stuff like:

"GEEZ you scared the crap outta me dude!!!" - and so on. It doesnt fit at all - the characters have a certain realness to them in the way they act and dress etc and the game's vibe is so strong, the dialogue IS seriously rubbish in a lot of places (I'm sorry but you're not gonna get people who say "by gum" in Tokyo) but the game is still really enjoyable.
            Last edited by Saurian; 28-10-2004, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibusawa jr.
              Hope you're right. I'm seriously short on money too
              It'll be okay. The more you play the more adept you become at fighting and you'll feel more confident about seeking out battles, rather than praying to avoid them.

I hope so. Got many Magatama's already ?
              I've got ten I think, the whole top row and two from the second. Just 14 to find...

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit now. So much so that I stopped playing San Andreas to have another go

Comment

Well, I only got GTA:SA two days ago and since SMT is more a nighttime game I postponed playing that a bit. Nice to play something with a steady framerate after SA isn't it

Got my ninth Mitsigutshi/Magatma (I really should start remembering these names proper or Saurian is gonna abandon this thread ) after kicking this seriously large historical figure's butt. A very satisfying experience I might add. I feel I'm ready to handle whatever the game throws at me now and hope to find out if my friend survived that awful whack on the head later tonight......

Not being an English native, I never have much problems with dialoque translations. The 'by gum' thing wen't completely passed me as I simply never heard of it before. Sure I miss out sometimes but on some occasions it's a blessing.

Liking this game so much has certainly raised my interest in Digital Devil Saga as well. Just don't forget to give us a sample of that album Saurian, looks quite interesting, never heard jazzy d'n'b with cuban vocals before.
                Last edited by Shibusawa jr.; 30-10-2004, 14:31.

Comment

Met the man with red cape last night and got killed more than I'd like to admit. His double Excalibur attack seriously hurts, especially after he drastically reduces my defense. He's seemingly able to cut in line as well, sometimes I get just two turns before he goes wild again, agile bastard.

Very cool stuff.

Comment

I'm playing hard mode and find it pretty difficult sometimes which I'm loving - only up to level 35 so far and just arrived at Ikebukuro via the underpass. I'm just trying lots of different combinations to find more monster types.

I found some samples of that album I said about: (band that did the theme for Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner)

Comment

ok . i have seen nothign of this.. decided to visit their web page, look at the characters.. and i see Dante.... Saurian tell me dude.. what role does he play in it..

Comment

I dont know yet man - I just been levelling up so far. I saw him briefly, he survived armageddon as if it was nothing (obviously cos he's Dante)

Comment

What web page? Where Dant0r?

Whaat the faaaa.....

Comment

Dante should be in everything - I cant think of a single film, game or TV program that wouldnt be good if Dante was in it

I'd watch Coronation St if Dante was in it!

Comment

chad: http://www.atlus.com/smt/characters.html

rpg with the dantor in it... crazy

Comment

Roffle! And that kid is meant to beef up to him?! What a mugu.

I'd watch Coronation St if Dante was in it!
                                Testify! Even Eastenders would be watchable with Dant0r swaggering about, smashing up the pub and collecting the subsequent red orbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X