No announcement yet.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just spotted a screen shot where dante is in your group.... bless the baby orphans

Comment

Yeah man bless em - and watch this!

Next one coming out late November.

Comment

Saurian stop doing this to me today, i cant take any more dante action im gonna burst my trouser's ... manz getting hard for dantor.. lol

both this game and teh 2nd part look good to me.. might have to buy it .. damn too many games to play all at once...xmas is gonna be a fun time..
        Last edited by Ravon; 01-11-2004, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          I'm playing hard mode and find it pretty difficult sometimes which I'm loving - only up to level 35 so far and just arrived at Ikebukuro via the underpass. I'm just trying lots of different combinations to find more monster types.
          Hard mode ? Damn that's pretty hardcore. When I got out of the underpass I was level 21 or something. To survive it on hard would need some serious leveling up indeed and it makes me wonder how many times Matador whooped yours truly's )
          The realisation that I've missed loads of cool demons (or levelled them up long enough to transform/evolve) makes a replay obligatory stuff.

Remembered that I had a Magatama to counter Dante's heavy physical attacks and disposed of him in no time. He told me he was impressed, heh heh. No doubt we'll meet again. Now off into the dephts I go...

Comment

Yeah! I met Dan+0r in that section last night - he's such a pimp! I beat him using the same method as you, but cmon - The Dante jumped off a skyscraper just to talk to you; he could gone Gunslinger and crushed my whole party in one turn - he blatantly let us win!

it makes me wonder how many times Matador whooped yours truly's )
            Just twice! But on the next try I only JUST won after changing my setup, everyone was proper near death! Managed to beat the judges in the prison no problem too, had Thor's attacks nullified and just battered him with Tornado!

Comment

He, I really liked the skyscraper bit. When first entering the hall I used the freelook (for the first time really) only to see the huge tower rising from the mist. Great scenery, ideal setting for an epic battle and then the man leaps down, some heavy tunes guiding him along the way, brilliant. Can't wait for the next encounter.

The judges were pushovers fo sho'. Thor didn't exactly cause me a headache either, which was nice for a change. Only problem I got now is that I can fuse a Momufu and a Megami Uzume into one heck of a demon but don't wan't to sacrafice either of them

Hope I can get some more hours in tonight. GTA and this are eating into my spare time like a hamster.

Comment

How do you "hire" Momufu (that blueish Samurai, right?)?
                Once he actively asked me about his shoulders, which I answered wrong, since then I just keep failing approaching him. He must have gotting from me 1000+ macca by now, plus some items. My archengel even has an ability to sooth his anger, but he just won't join.

I wanted to have him for the Dante battle (for his physical resistence), but that poser is now beaten anyway (leveled up a bit after solving the first Kalpa), but I guess having Momufu for fusion won't hurt... plus he owes me some money.

Any other general tips on leveling or easy money (spoiler-free, please)? Almost all my money is being wasted at the Fountain of Life - how do you supposed to restore your MP otherwise, anyway? I even had to sell a bead (if I recall right) for 5000 to buy that physical Magatama (1st row, second from right).

Speaking of MP, I kind of find the balancing so far not very well done (as of entering Mantra HQ). I mean, you are encouraged, sometimes forced, to use "magic", but you don't have as many real options to refill them as you have to consume them, plus those options are expensive. Or am I missing something?

Comment

The trick lies in finding/fusing the right demons for your party. With a balanced party and some knowledge about the demons that inhabit a certain area you shouldn't run out of MP too fast. Also go back to previous areas to get some easier money and items that are not available at your current location.

Sometimes the demons can be in a nasty mood and even after giving them lots of macca and special items they still won't join your party. Nothing you can do but to keep trying. Female demons can prove to be more persuasive though.

I'm currently wandering around in the Nihilo Assembly solving some easy puzzles, hope it stays that way. While my entire party consists of level 30 demons, I still can't sacrifice my Megami Uzume. She's the only one with media and is just so good looking. I leveled up my Monumofu and he's transformed into something quite bizarre...

Comment

Alright, got Monumofu in the meantime, but fused him away (for Matador, if I recall right) before his transformation. I guess I should get him again.

You can fuse Megami Uzume into Kikuri-Hime. While keeping Media, her Hellfire sure kicks some butt

By now I actually seem to have gotten a better hang of this game. It's just great wiping out all the enemies with you initial turns, or seeing those candelabra fiends posing around to little effects. And I even have enough money now. =)

Boy is this game addictive... Should I progress in the main story or return these 2 candelabras I got recently? Hey that fusion seems to be cool, maybe I should level up a bit to get it...

One question though: Any experience with Mitamas? I just got a rare gem but I'm not sure if they're worth the exchange, or rather which one.

Comment

That's my problem as well. I met this dude who could exchange the gems for special items but can't remember where he is situated. I'm sure I'll run into some enterprising Manakin any minute now though.

I took a small dive into the Amara Deep zone (forgot the name again, the place where you return the Candelabra) but since it is so incredibly big I've only explored the first floor a bit. Will take another dive tonight.

Lady Kikuri Hime looks lovely as well and I tried to get her using a Shiisa and a Femme Taraka but the fusion wen't wrong and I ended up with one of those ugly yellow Buffoons. I can still get her but my Megami is already level 23 and lady Kikuri is only one level higher so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle..... Hellfire eh, might check that one out

Comment

The only gem store I've found so far is in Ginza.

Solved the second Kalpa yesterday (btw. it's Labyrinth of Amala - or are you playing the JP version?), but there is one "cursed" room where every step of you hurts, so I couldn't clear it. If anyone has an idea...

Comment

No but I read a small piece of the 'japanese' faq. Can't help you with your problem yet mate, still to return to the labyrinth. Maybe getting a curseproof posse but that seems too obvious...
                          Just cleared the assault on Nihilo bit and am now returning to Ikebekuro to check how the Mantra will cope with their striking defeat. Still too much wondering around trying new demon fusions though, it's so addictive.

Comment

The only gem store I've found so far is in Ginza.

Solved the second Kalpa yesterday (btw. it's Labyrinth of Amala - or are you playing the JP version?), but there is one "cursed" room where every step of you hurts, so I couldn't clear it. If anyone has an idea...
                            Not sure if it will help but I read something about an item called a float ball (that is the english version) it only last until kagatushi?? becomes new again but it makes your party float and you should not be affected. Sorry If i am wrong but it is worth a try, right? Hope that helps, and hope you are all enjoying the game as much as I am.

Comment

I have a character equipped with Liftoma skill which floats the party until the next Kagutsuchi - it's a good place to level up as the enemies give good exp and there's a quick escape route (talk to the spirit nearby, you get drunk and return to the beginning of the dungeon)

Hard mode is so skank! I'm at lvl43 now and can still die to enemies not even half that

Comment

I finally started this at the weekend. At the moment I am at Ginza. My "hero" I have managed to get up to Level 20. Trying to pluck up the courage to visit some of the other locations on the main map now I have some more levels. I did not do very well last time I tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X