• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The

Spider Ball

boss is the worst for it.. ****ers.

Comment

I thought echoes (and prime) weren't too difficult actually. I think the boost ball guardian is the hardest of all the bosses across both games but even he can be tamed quite easily. The alpha blogg was a bit annoying until I figured out how to dodge it properly. My biggest complaint about the series though is how you don't have a checklist for expansions (scans can be irritating too though) which makes life quite difficult. Quadraxis and Chykka are the coolest bosses across both games. Totally awesome. And pw3ning the emperor ing never gets old either.

Comment

Which is Chykka? Can't remember now? Quadraxis was awesome though!!

Comment

Chykka was the dragon fly.

Comment

Ah that git! I didn't like him very much

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
              The

Spider Ball

boss is the worst for it.. ****ers.
              Had me swearing like a Glaswegian tourettes convention.

Comment

Beat it first time actually. With 14 health left. Yeah. Bit like England at the weekend there
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                  If you hate stingy savepoint placement and laborious boss fights, MP2 will make you weep. It's even more of a **** than MP1.

The dark world in particular, was often a bitch to play through IMO.
                  Maybe I'll opt for a return visit to the first one before I tackle Echoes then.

Comment

picked this up last week in Gamestation, for a tenner. and i'm not too sure about it so far (for the couple of hours i've managed to play it). opening is very, very low-key and atmospheric - a complete change to the first's 'AAARGH! COUNTDOWN!! WAAH!' opening chapter.

but i am enjoying it, and i can see me sticking with it until i complete it in the same way i did with #1 (although with the odd game of Burnout3 inbetween). graphically there is a noticable difference in scope and detail, with the open air sections looking wonderful and inviting me to explore and experiment hopping about the terrain. as i said i'm only a couple of hours in, so no weapons upgrades yet.

Comment

Just started this for the first time. So far so good, although it's taking a while to fall back into the control set after so long since MP1. Loving the plot developments in the scans in the first level. Can see this one being a goodie.

Comment

Nice to see you are flying the flag for the latest games Charles! At this rate you might be playing Little Big Planet in 2012!
                        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

I just picked up MP3 so thought I should actually play 2 1st....

What's little big planet?
                          Last edited by charlesr; 18-10-2008, 10:05.

Comment

Only finished this game recently, it's not bad but really does nothing to improve on some of the main flaws from the first game. At times I did find it particularly frustrating going for a long period of time desperately trying to get back to a save point only to get ambushed by a boss and mauled.

On the whole though I did enjoy the game and finished it, I like the constant backtracking to get into a new door that you can unlock with a new ability that you've been past numerous times already and desperate to get into! In that aspect I think it captures the essence of the original series well.

John

Comment

Apart from the old C64 days, that was the absolute longest I've ever had to go before finding a save point. Luckily I had some time free.

Comment

Working...
                              X