No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most scary thing about this so far is the awful bloody big borders on the game. Other than that it looks nice in Pro Scan, but Ill lose that definition by stretching the screen. Ive not played a GC game like it

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
      That. Is. So. Crap.

Why make a widescreen game that isn't 16:9-enhanced? Pft.
      I'm gutted for you mate, I really am. Honestly.

Comment

I think we should start a fund for marcus and anephric....

Comment

Is this so that it doesn't have to render so much stuff?

Comment

I keep forgetting the zoom function on most TVs is very different to the Cinema one on Tosh's. In Prog Scan I can't force the TV into 4:3 but I can use cinema, which doesn't zoom in but just stretches out the top and bottom borders just enough to eliminate them from the picture altogether.

Obviously I lose a little bit of quality but I'd much rather take that than have it squished PAL stylee

Comment

marcus, hang on, there's borders on the sides ASWELL as top and bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                That's the general consencus. I've noticed a tiny little bit of slowdown in tight areas (around the backs of huts next to a rock wall for example, particually just before the end of chapter 2-3) when you're turning around but it's so insignificant that its not an issue. Likely pushing the Cube considerably though so eliminating the need to render any extra is probably all kinds of useful.

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                  marcus, hang on, there's borders on the sides ASWELL as top and bottom?
                  No, there isn't.

Comment

Sort your settings out then Marcus.

Comment

What settings? The only way I can get rid of those borders is to dramatically stretch the picture to fill the screen.

Comment

Are you guys really having this much trouble with the borders? I mean, REALLY?

I dont even see them when i'm playing now, not so it takes affect on my enjoyment at least. It wouldnt even enter my head to mention them as a negative... *blinks*

ah well. heh. *sips tea*
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                          What settings? The only way I can get rid of those borders is to dramatically stretch the picture to fill the screen.
                          But as you have it now it's squished to **** - didn't you go the way of NTSC gaming to avoid that? :P </sarcasm>

It actually looks like you've got it in 14:9 but I don't know your TV so ****ed if I know.

Trust me on this people; Widescreen TV + cinema mode + progressive scan = eliminates all problems MINUS the loss of some clarity because you're stretching the screen. With Prog Scan the loss is minimal though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                            I've always thought it looks like its running on a reduced colour pallette too. Which also helps with mathematics. My housemate noted that it looked excellent, but not because of the technicalities but because of the consistent and focused art direction, which is true of Resident Evil and say Metroid Prime, where its such a contigious world you can't help but be sucked in.

Comment

Loving this just up to 'El Gigante' and had my arse whooped, so I thought I'd take a break.

When it's Dark and Raining it's just magical and even more terrifying. I'm not looking forward to getting inside the Church and fighting those cloaked dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                                I'm gutted for you mate, I really am. Honestly.
                                snagafrassarassachassarassa.

Bah. I thought in the press releases and such when it was announced it was intended for widescreen play it'd be proper widescreen play.

I can zoom and such but I lose jockin' resolution, don't I?!111

Poo with knobs on.

Comment

Working...
                                X