No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is inventory managed? Are you able to whizz a stun grenade and then immediately switch back to a gun with super-human timing?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      How is inventory managed? Are you able to whizz a stun grenade and then immediately switch back to a gun with super-human timing?
      you can assign 3 equipment slots to each D-pad direction for quick swapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        you can assign 3 equipment slots to each D-pad direction for quick swapping.
        That sounds generic and boring and standard and something even my mum could do. Cancelling animations with the inventory was immensely satisfying when the going got rough.

How about the attaché case? Is that still in? Organising stock was also a big part of 4.

Comment

Just checked the credits.

Lead designer: Dave’s mum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            Getting into the sneaky, sneaky, knifey, knifey, plenty of opportunities to execute villagers and save ammo or direct fights. So i've upgraded my knife durability to max and half way on the power, definitely worth the investment.

Also brought the rifle and bolter thrower, which is just a crossbow with retrievable bolts for those finding ammo supplies a problem.

Gotten up to that arena for the first time after passing the by the church, and just like every resident evil game, i hate dogs enough to pull the shotgun out for knock down and then rush them for the knife execution.
            All of the wolves bar the scorpion-esque parasite ones have gone down in 3-4 pistol shots for me on standard.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              That sounds generic and boring and standard and something even my mum could do. Cancelling animations with the inventory was immensely satisfying when the going got rough.

How about the attaché case? Is that still in? Organising stock was also a big part of 4.
              The actual inventory is still identical to the original, the upgradeable attaché case with inventory management minigame. I constantly find myself near full on items due to the new crafting materials and being able to keep dead snakes as healing items!

Comment

I’ll be playing this as soon as I sort out either a PS5 or a XSX for the living room.

Comment

Is this still more action based like the original than scary like the new games? Asking for a friend who ****s himself

Comment

This game is not scary.

Your "friend" is fine...

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Is this still more action based like the original than scary like the new games? Asking for a friend who ****s himself
                      They've definitely dialed up the eeriness and tension but I wouldn't call it a scary game. There are a couple sections that are scary compared to the rest of the game but overall, very actiony.

Comment

Finally found some time to sit down and dive back into Resident Evil. I`m playing on PC on a 4k TV.
                        After going through the in game screen settings for brightness etc I tweaked a few things to my liking, Motion blur and depth of field off, ray tracing normal, also maxed the FOV (down the bottom of the camera settings) I tried using HDR but it made the shadows look a little strange. The game also has a weird film grain that doesn't appear to be able to disabled in game, I think some of the previous games had the option to disable it.

The game opens fairly faithfully to the original. The sections feel more closed in this time. For instance in the Original game before the first building you could walk off the pathway and explore amongst the trees to shoot the wildlife etc (why do crows carry bags of coins) in this one the path is either back or forward. I got as far as the section after the the chainsaw dude, I`m know calling him Mr Google Eyes from now on. I loved this section, I didn't attempt to kill Mr Google Eyes I just ran around trying to take out as many of the locals and harvest items dropped until the church bell rang. Controls are spot on. The run button is on the right bumper which is also the quick turn, just hold bumper and down on the left stick and Leon will do about turn. Spent a little while exploring the area, there are a few covered wells which I`m told are uncovered if you enter this area with no items in you inventory and subsequently they will have some treats.

So far shaping up to be on par with the other remakes in the series. I hope they can do the same for Resi 5 someday. That game was great for co-op.
                        Last edited by huxley; 27-03-2023, 22:34.

Comment

man, this game is sooo good. I may be **** at it, but it's fun.

Comment

The good thing about the PC version is being able to switch to the mouse for the shooting gallery.

Had a peak at nexus mods, sure are alot of dick out mods for Leon.

Comment

I hope you cleared your browser history

Comment

"What Happens If You Shoot the Church Bell during the Village Fight?"

Comment

Working...
                                X