No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided not to wait for the VR patch. That was a good call. It is just, so good. So so good. Very compelling core gameplay loops of fighting and then treasure hunting / light problem solving.

The graphics look a little fuzzy on PS5 framerate mode. In my head they are worse than the RE2 and RE3 makes but that could be the massive added complexity of the outside environments and me remembering them to be better than they really were...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      Decided not to wait for the VR patch. That was a good call. It is just, so good. So so good. Very compelling core gameplay loops of fighting and then treasure hunting / light problem solving.

The graphics look a little fuzzy on PS5 framerate mode. In my head they are worse than the RE2 and RE3 makes but that could be the massive added complexity of the outside environments and me remembering them to be better than they really were...
      Nah, there is an issue with image quality on PS5 similar to what happened with Dead Space, they said they were gonna fix it. I expect in the patch with Mercs on Friday.

In the meantime, if you have a VRR capable display, resolution mode is the way to go. Looks a hell of a lot better, and and drops are covered mostly by VRR and keeps a mostly solid 60.

I’m on my fourth playthrough now, onto Professional difficulty. I adore this game.

It’s done the unthinkable and surpasses the original in many ways. But at the same time, is somehow it’s own thing and can live alongside the OG.

Capcom <3

Comment

Also, a shout out to the trophies on this game, they’re great. As they were with Resi 2 and 3.

It’s great to have little mini trophy challenges like finishing the game, without healing, using handgun and knife only, never talking to the merchant, or getting speed runs under certain time thresholds. I’ve been combining trophies challenges together for extra fun too.

Just a superb, superb game. Sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          That sounds generic and boring and standard and something even my mum could do. Cancelling animations with the inventory was immensely satisfying when the going got rough.

How about the attaché case? Is that still in? Organising stock was also a big part of 4.
          It’s not, but because the game is built around it now. Enemies are hyper aggressive compared to the original, in bigger numbers and actively swarm and flank you.

Essentially everything in this game is a finite resource now. Ammo is more scarce than the original, and the knife is now multi use and quite powerful, but trying to abuse it results in it breaking.

They’ve essentially removed all the iframes you used to get from everything in the OG too, and the act of moving to a run, or pulling up your weapon is heavier- so although you can quick swap, you can and will be punished for a badly timed swap or reload.

Comment

Goodness me, this needs a patch on PS5 so it doesn't look like you're playing it through thin curtain. The image quality in performance mode is shocking.

Comment

I've beaten this 4 times now. 17:50 hours on standard for first playthrough down to 2 hr 40 mins on professional (ng+++ with inf launcher). Such a fantastic game.

Just got a a few cheevs left mostly s+ ranks that involve beating the game in under a certain time on a fresh save.

Comment

Ew, I grabbed non-remake for Switch and my goodness the controls after playing this are horrendous!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  Nah, there is an issue with image quality on PS5 similar to what happened with Dead Space, they said they were gonna fix it. I expect in the patch with Mercs on Friday.

In the meantime, if you have a VRR capable display, resolution mode is the way to go. Looks a hell of a lot better, and and drops are covered mostly by VRR and keeps a mostly solid 60.

I’m on my fourth playthrough now, onto Professional difficulty. I adore this game.

It’s done the unthinkable and surpasses the original in many ways. But at the same time, is somehow it’s own thing and can live alongside the OG.

Capcom <3
                  Oh man you were right about the modes. Resolution runs almost perfectly and looks infinitely better! Thanks for the tip!!

This is unputdownable. I'm very tired from staying up too late. I know what's coming. It is only slightly different to what I'm expecting. i still love all of it. Well done Capcom.
                  Last edited by ItsThere; 05-04-2023, 17:11. Reason: Update.

Comment

Margaret is that you?
                    Last edited by huxley; 05-04-2023, 18:34. Reason: Dont play with matches

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                      Margaret is that you?

Comment

Looks like a recent patch has fixed the xbox deadzone issues and also the PS5 fuzzy resolution stuff as well...

Resident Evil 4 has been reimagined with modernized gameplay, a reimagined storyline and vividly detailed graphics.

Comment

Finished my first play through yesterday. Around 22 hours on the clock. Loved every moment (well, I've never loved those regenerators). As someone said earlier it's just a perfect combo of combat, treasure hunting and upgrading. It's so compulsive, like the original but better in almost every way. Play through 2 was underway immediately, raining sweet justice on the village. Love this game

Comment

Playthrough 1 complete - 16 hours.

Really enjoyed it though it didn't have the same "holy ****" factor as the Resi 2 Remake.

Comment

Just finished coming in around 20 hours. I`m going to reserve replays for my SteamDeck.
                              GOY so far this year.

Comment

Finally properly started this, just a little ways past the Farm. So glad that the same circle trick works in this for the Village crowd as in the original version

Comment

Working...
                                X