No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like the enemies in this game have a 'Siren' vibe about them ? I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
      A little OT, but worth a mention: realistic weather isn't really 'done' in games - animating the leaves on trees to simulate wind convincingly, heat haze and sun glare (not just lens flare), decent rain and water reflection effects....these are all things that are processor-intensive and rarely bothered with. When someone does them, and does them well, you suddenly realise what you've been missing.
      There's numerous effects throughout the game like that. I just love the rain though, patters off his shoulders and is slamming down hard. Theres nice waterfall effects, your body blurs out, hard to explain. Fire is common effect to use in videogames, but hand on heart I've not seen better when you come to RE4. I got to this HUGE room, fire related of course, and I just stood there gobsmacked.

Mention must goto the sound, I'm using surround and it's awesome. It's been so very well used, I'm using the sound to pick off which direction my attacks are coming from! See, I was attacked by a group of dogs, now I'd taken care of the ones in front of me (the only ones I knew about), then I heard this growl from behind, quick turn and one was in the bloody air coming for me! Mangaed to kill it before a hit though, so it worked wonders.

Comment

Agree about the sounds, very good positional sound effects. And that awful attack "music" seems to blare thru the surrounds. Creepy!

Now that I think about it, RE4 reminds me very much of ICO graphics wise, except much better.

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
          Last few posts huh.......cheers!

You know what I meant. The general vibe has continued amongst a high enough number of board members for me to crack and get into debt. Again.

Comment

Can anyone confirm whether it works with the later Freeloader or (preferably in my case) Action Replay?

Comment

Comment

Didn't even see the bump. Cheers.

Comment

OKay guys- now we all know freeloader 1.06B works for resi 4....whats the chances of freeloader 1.06b working? I bloody hope so :S

Comment

I don't think you can get poisoned in the game. The yellow herb is combined with the green herb to heighten the effect of the green herb, like the red herb in previous games.

The red herb in -this- game restores -all- your health (when combined with a green).

Comment

No not quite Momotato. The yellow herb when combined with a green extends your health bar slightly, so it's worth grabbing when you get em' The red herb combined with a green provides more health restoration than a regular green herb. As your maximum health increases, the effect of a G+R deplenishes, meaning your gonna need more herb. Only First Aid sprays restore full health.

Comment

I have the old 1.04

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                          Puzzles haven't stumped me at all if I'm honest though. .
                          I beg to differ love, If I remember corrctley I stared at the tv for a good hour while you trying to figure out 1 particuler puzzle last night before I fell asleep of pure boredom

Comment

lol! taurus = pwned by cella

Comment

Cella pwnd by a Resident Evil puzzle is even funnier

Comment

Lies and fabrication! Cella's confused, I did this puzzle in ten seconds, your usual RE slide a tile to form a picture deal. Anyway, didn't have a chance to save it, got a little further and reached one of them quick time actions, I died though. So loaded up from my last save and had to do the 'puzzle' again. This time however, I couldn't do it! Took 20 mins to sort it (died again to boot!) Came back and did it in 10 secs...AGAIN!

Comment

Working...
                                X