Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firsty
    The constant widescreen dosn?t seem apparent in your Screens Firsty.

Have you stretched your screen, or is that just how the game is?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
      The constant widescreen dosn?t seem apparent in your Screens Firsty.

Have you stretched your screen, or is that just how the game is?
      Originally posted by Firsty
      The game doesn't output a proper anamorphic 16:9 picture, so what I'm doing here is stretching the picture out as you can probably see by the borders around the image.
      !!

Comment

taurusnipple,
        Noticed that a little after I posted. I had misread the "Examine" description. Apologies.

Comment

Comment

Good picture posting Firsty!

Any fire ones you can show? I'm getting really really excited about this now!

Comment

For all those people wanting to know if the inverted axis option is in, it is. Just go to the options screen and change it. Default wise it's like the demo. However this time 'Z' is to bring up the map and 'Y' brings up your menu 'X' seemingly does nothing. Also with the C-stick you can pan the camera to the left and right (as well as looking up and down) useful for checking out corners.

The 'codec' screens are mainly to bring you up to speed with objectives, and are relatively short and snappy, so far. No emotional guff a la Hideo. Also if you go into your menu screen you can check out your last 'codec' conversation. As if you were to take a long haitus from the game (heaven forbid) then you can check out what/ where you need to go.

The game starts you off in normal mode as there is no choice to select 'hard' yet - maybe once you've completed the game once it will unlock i guess.

So far, a stream of superlatives about this game.
              Will be back with a few more impressions later... maybe.
              Last edited by jimtendo; 14-01-2005, 11:27.

Comment

Just got it (ordered 3 days ago via Tronix, who I always use), played for about an hour and am totally blown away so far.

Taking it slowly to savour it, love the dirty, worn look, controls and camera work well, still a slow-paced, claustrophobic game, which is fair enough.

Chainsaw guy just took my head clean off :-) gotta go and kick his sorry ass.

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
                  The game starts you off in normal mode as there is no choice to select 'hard' yet - maybe once you've completed the game once it will unlock i guess...
                  i thought the difficulty was supposed to be 'adaptive' (i.e. it scales in-game in response to your efforts, in order to always provide a challenge). that said, i haven't seen any significant reporting of this in reviews i've read...

tbh, it's the one aspect of the game i'm most interested in... and the only one i can't seem to get any information on! any difficulty-level related impressions would be most welcome...

Comment

Could u be thinking of the new splinter cell?

I don?t think its been mentioned before the difficulty is adaptive. A hard mode should hopefully open up after beating normal tho hopefully.
                    Last edited by Adam Stone; 14-01-2005, 12:28.
                    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Taurus here.

I purchased a new gun last night, you may find the name pretty cool...

spoiler:

It's called 'Killer 7' It's a magnum.

spoiler:

Comment

The 'codec' screens are mainly to bring you up to speed with objectives, and are relatively short and snappy, so far. No emotional guff a la Hideo. Also if you go into your menu screen you can check out your last 'codec' conversation. As if you were to take a long haitus from the game (heaven forbid) then you can check out what/ where you need to go.

You can also look on your map 'Z' The large red dot is your next target destination.

Comment

Just played this game for 3 hours straight and completed the first chapter, excellent game the new camera perspective is great and the I like the more action-oriented approach. I like the shenmue style button mashing scenes as well very tense.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                            Could u be thinking of the new splinter cell?

I don?t think its been mentioned before the difficulty is adaptive. A hard mode should hopefully open up after beating normal tho hopefully.
                            It kinda is. If you die loads on a particular bit it will gradually ease the difficulty until you get past that section.

Comment

Another thing that seems to be missing from previous RE games, is that the tactical reload (go into the game menu and reload your weapon that way, instead of wasting your vulnerable reload animation when in the game, so you basically don't get attacked) is gone.

I've tried various times but still no joy.
                              i can only guess that the devs took it out so you have to really pick your moment to reload and build up more tension when the hicks swarm around you. Cuts out the cheap play as well probably.
                              Last edited by jimtendo; 14-01-2005, 15:12.

Comment

Another thing that seems to be missing from previous RE games, is that the tactical reload (go into the game menu and reload your weapon that way, instead of wasting your vulnerable reload animation when in the game, so you basically don't get attacked) is gone.
                                Strange. You can do it on the demo version.

Comment

Working...
                                X