Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scythe
    Nice. I'll try that! I do struggle with Krausners Arrows though!
    But like i say its linking the combos i struggle with, there always
    seem to be barren patches on every stage after about 10 - 16
    kills....
    in the big shed all you have to do is shoot them in the head as they climb the ladder

or aim at the door as they walk in and shoot the stuff they throw at you

Comment

I should add i don't just mean the village level, i'd discovered the old let them get up the ladder trick!!

Comment

hunks head boot is the same as leons suplex shoot them in the legs and if they fall forward tap a like crazy - it looks brilliant as the whole character you boot flies up in the air

the neck snap is excellent - best animation for any of the close kombat moves, especially when their head goes limp afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
          the neck snap is excellent - best animation for any of the close kombat moves, especially when their head goes limp afterwards
          I tell ya ur making me jealous . Now I'm definately unlocking those characters even if it takes me years....or I could just get someone else to do it for me..

Comment

Originally posted by shuzo
            I tell ya ur making me jealous . Now I'm definately unlocking those characters even if it takes me years....or I could just get someone else to do it for me..
            just go for a decent score

i havent got 5 stars on any level except the village but with leon i managed to get at least 4 stars on all the others and 4 stars is enough to unlock the other characters

Comment

A score of around 35000 will get you 4 stars and unlock the character for that level. I only done the village with Leon then used the characer I had unlocked for the next... unless you willing to get 5 stars on each mission with all characters dont bother!! You get nothing for 5 stars on all missions with one character, much to my dissappointment!!

Krausers arm is great for tight spots... his bow is a nuisance though!! Hardly used Hunk as I love Weskers MIB suit will be getting Hunk on the go tonight though for this next snap madness!!

Comment

woo hoo managed to get 4 stars on 1 level yesterday! (kinda sad I know ...) but unlocked Hunk...and his moves are good but the prob with the way I play is I don't really let them get close to me so don't get to use special moves as much as I would like to...

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                unless you willing to get 5 stars on each mission with all characters dont bother!!
                There's no way I'm gona get 5 stars but I think trying for 4 isnt too bad just so I can see how the others play.

Comment

I cant believe I still havent ordered this, and the only reason is I know its gonna scare the hell out of me! I couldnt get very far through the original Resident Evil (the GC remake) because most of the time i'm playing on my own and I just couldnt handle it.

So... Is Resi 4 any scarier? I REALLY REALLY want to play and enjoy it, but if I cant stomach it, its gonna be no good

Comment

Nope. It isn't scarier than the original's remake.

Resident Evil 4 doesn't quite have the same menace about it.

Comment

It's more of an action game than an all-out horror. There's very little in terms of tension and shocks, but it's a damn good game regardless.

Comment

It is indeed fantastic, if I came over as though I was ragging on the game.

lilman - when you say 'stomach', are you talking about gore or atmosphere? Because there's still an absolute shed load of blood and guts in there.

Comment

There's still some ****ing tense moments though guys, let's give the game it's due.

Hearing the whirring away in the distance, getting closer and closer only to turn around and find about 5 metres between you and a chainsaw wielding maniac with only a few handgun bullets for company... geez.

Comment

Maybe stomach was the wrong word, gore and blood and whatever I can handle. Its jumps, frights and tension that I cant usually cope with unless I have someone there with me.

I dont care, i'm gonna give it a go

Comment

Second that Hank, there are some shockingly tense moments in there, dont be mistaken, but it is more action oriented than previous Resi games, which is by no means a bad thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilman
                                Maybe stomach was the wrong word, gore and blood and whatever I can handle. Its jumps, frights and tension that I cant usually cope with unless I have someone there with me.

I dont care, i'm gonna give it a go
                                You let us know at what point you drop your first egg lilman hehe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X