No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mardigan8 - Possibly blind luck. As I remember I got a distance from them, shot bits off with the rifle and if they got too close I'd either plough some Magnum rounds into them or hit with an incendiary grenade and run to a new vantage point.

So does the IR scope expose a weak area in them?

Comment

There are several plagas on those creatures and you have to kill them all. Using the IR scope shows the heat signature of where they are on the body. Then the creature self destructs. Apart from the spiky ones. They have one hidden on their backs and you need to either down the creature first so you can see it, or do what I did and shoot somewhere with the magnum and hope to pass straight through and hit it!

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

At the point tin the game where you first meet them I thought there couldn't be anything new, you have fought so many mad mutations, surely not... and then these bastardos appear and take the fight to a whole new level. A fantastically conceived enemy and very scary... meet one in a confined space... good night vienna

Comment

i found the most effective way to shoot the parasite on the regenerators back was to throw a flash grenade at it then run round to it's back an stick a bullet in it

Comment

I've been playing this over the last couple of weeks and I'd just like to add my voice to the overwhelming chorus of "crikey, this games a blinder."

I'm currently on my second run through on Normal and I'm concentrating on maxing out my weapons. I've had one go on

Assignment Ada, in which my arse was handed to me. In pieces. And I haven't really tried Mercenaries properly. I'm looking forward to it though.

Then I think I'll try it on pro.

Damn, I love this game.

Comment

I've just started the second disc and I'm not sure what enemies you guys are talkin about so I'm assumin they're yet to come? They don't sound much fun...and I haven't got the IR sight either!

Comment

Originally posted by JU!
                Nah mate, i kept runnin low on sniper bullets just run round the weirdos. When u need Sniper bullets there is usually sum lyin around.
                Umm, no. What I mean is 'I only have one sniper round. in my whole inventory!' That's it as far as ammo is concerned

Comment

Finally managed to finish this bad boy yesterday, and very pleased i am too, managed to have a quick go on mercenaries which looks ace and project Ada, nice bonuses one and all!
                  And for a change i actually finished a NTSC game before its PAL release, so I can feel even smugger when its finally launched here!

Comment

Originally posted by shuzo
                    I've just started the second disc and I'm not sure what enemies you guys are talkin about so I'm assumin they're yet to come? They don't sound much fun...and I haven't got the IR sight either!
                    All will be revealed...patience! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem

There are several plagas on those creatures and you have to kill them all. Using the IR scope shows the heat signature of where they are on the body. Then the creature self destructs. Apart from the spiky ones. They have one hidden on their backs and you need to either down the creature first so you can see it, or do what I did and shoot somewhere with the magnum and hope to pass straight through and hit it!

Ahhh...now it makes sense! Or you could do what i did: shoot the visible ones and then scream 'why the **** aren't you dying' and just go mad with your sniper rifle...

worked for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe
                        Finally managed to finish this bad boy yesterday, and very pleased i am too, managed to have a quick go on mercenaries which looks ace and project Ada, nice bonuses one and all!
                        And for a change i actually finished a NTSC game before its PAL release, so I can feel even smugger when its finally launched here!
                        BTW I took about 22 hours to complete (awful, just awful)
                        972 Kills
                        72% Accuracy
                        About 50 deaths

Comment

22 hours ain't so bad.

I think it took me around 26 hours the first time round, and 28 hours on Pro.

Comment

Cool, i just thought the average looked to be about 18 or so, now i feel a little better!

Comment

Oh, the average could well be around 18 hours, but at least you're not as crap as me.

Comment

I'm on chapter 4.1 Still loving it!

Comment

Working...
                                X