X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these are my stats for the 2nd time around

Hit ratio 86%
    Enemies killed 1034
    Number of times killed 0 (not continuing)
    Clear time 8:09

also completed ada's mission and got the chicago typewriter actually finding difficulty with mercenaries, all my scores are pretty mince and not getting near the scores on the thread already created

i do however have all the merc characters - lovely game all round
    Last edited by buster_broon; 06-03-2005, 13:30.

Comment

Finished this on Friday, and instantly started another playthough on normal. No game has gripped me like this for as long as I can remember. As others have said previously, it's going to be hard to find another game that'll top this in 2005.

Stunning.

Comment

Ive finding this incredibly frustrating so far, its a huge, huge dissapointment after the way its been hyped up on here. Ive only just started it, but I tried to beat the first village five times and just gave up.

Its just f**king impossible! Am I missing something? I dont have anywhere near enough ammo to kill everyone, and I just keep getting swarmed by 5 or 6 people at a time. The knife is utterly useless, I havent even managed to even land a single hit on anyone.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Just run into the house to the top right as you enter the villiage. This should trigger a cut scene where the villiagers walk to the church. Also, it's the same house where the shotgun is. Use the knife to open barrels and crates, saves a few bullets that way. Give it a chance.

Comment

That's the best part of the game, when you have to run for your life from hordes of crazed people who want to tear you to pieces If you can hold out for a short amount of time the villagers will leave the area.

Comment

there is plenty of ammo to go around - but it can gt tight at times

each shot must count and always aim for the head

on my first time around i did have a good chunk of ammo with health sprays left when i finished it

it states in magazines that if you aim for the head they could change into the razor/spider monsters - but i've kinda noticed even if you shoot specific characters in the feet their head will still explode and change into the other baddy

Comment

Three hours in, and my verdict is now:

This game pwns

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                  Just run into the house to the top right as you enter the villiage. This should trigger a cut scene where the villiagers walk to the church. Also, it's the same house where the shotgun is. Use the knife to open barrels and crates, saves a few bullets that way. Give it a chance.
                  i actually thought it was a specific number of killed villagers that triggered the next scene

always worked my ass off to make sure i killed both chainsaw guys so i could get the ruby and the 10,000

if the village is pissing you off - wait for the QTE they can be very unforgiving

playing it thru with 2 saved games now

1 with the chicago typewriter and i'm startiong another on pro - that will feckin be tough

Comment

Last time I did it I stood near the burning policeman and killed 2-3 villagers. Ran into the house and it went to the cutscene. Didn't even have to kill the chainsaw guy! Was a while ago now. Can't be arsed playing the main game, I do Mercenaries.

Wish there was something more to the game though, I've played it to death now. Got no new games to play either, I'm so bored!

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                      Last time I did it I stood near the burning policeman and killed 2-3 villagers. Ran into the house and it went to the cutscene. Didn't even have to kill the chainsaw guy! Was a while ago now. Can't be arsed playing the main game, I do Mercenaries.

Wish there was something more to the game though, I've played it to death now. Got no new games to play either, I'm so bored!
                      going to play it thru on pro before i gets stuck on the bookcase for ever more

just really started mercenaries, i've unlocked all the characters with 4 stars and above from leon but my scores are pretty poor right now tbh

Comment

Completed this bad boy last night! This is simply the best game I have played in such a long time, and after everything I was hearing about mercenaries I thought I'd give that a quick go but turns out I need some practice.. anyway my time was 16 hours which isn't great but I died about 52 times!

So has anyone tried the game with the chicago typewriter or other weapons you can get second time round? Must try with unlimited ammo...

Comment

I might be wrong but I imagine the chicago typewriter, unlimited rocket launcher and other 'special' weapons would detract from the overall enjoyment of the game.

It's those moments when low on health with hordes of enemies shuffling towards you and frantically trying to reload that stand out the most, I feel it's what makes the game.

Comment

Originally posted by shuzo
                            So has anyone tried the game with the chicago typewriter or other weapons you can get second time round? Must try with unlimited ammo...
                            when you complete it thru you get 2 weapons

mathilda - automatic 9mm
                            infinite launcher

i've never played it thru with the mathilda but the rocket launcher is kinda crap - hit ratio is always 100%

when you complete assignment ada you get the typewriter

and its kinda fun using it, hit ratio is always crap but its very powerful, i finished the game first time thru at around the 12hr mark, with the typewriter it only took 6 and that wasnt a speedrun, i still killed over 1050 baddies

you get the hand cannon when you complete mercenaries with 5 * in every character i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
                              It's those moments when low on health with hordes of enemies shuffling towards you and frantically trying to reload that stand out the most, I feel it's what makes the game.
                              I do agree with you there Pikman but I meant it'd be fun to have a go with the special weapons at least.

Though rite now I'm totally crap at Mercenaries! I'v only managed a 3* rating and there's plenty of room for improvement. Those damn chainsaw women in the village! Guess it's my fault really tho for lettin them get so close....
                              But I'm gona keep at it cos I wana unlock those other characters.

Comment

I finally unlocked them all last night, something just 'clicks' and you do improve,
                                still find leon the most fun though, maybe something to do with the shotgun!
                                My scores are way down on the other thread though, my highest being around
                                75,000 on the first stage, i get to about a 16 combo or so and then can't find anyone

Comment

Working...
                                X