X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
    Nah, I liked it. Most of my favourite games in my all time top10 have an

escape sequence

of some sort, be it Zelda OOT, Goldeneye, Halo, Lylat Wars or the Metroid games.
    Or

METAL GEAR SOLID!

And it's Starfox 64!!

Comment

It was Lylat Wars to me

'Do a Barrell Roll!'

Comment

Ok Im about to admit defeat on Pro mode, being killed by those insect-things sticking out of peoples head just one too many times now. Whereas the Normal mode was a total pushover, pro is a lot harder thankfully, and also much better for it.

Ive got to the end of

Adas Mission, and am trying to beat the boss, I take it the best way is to shoot his feat from range and let him have it when he crounches down. Tricky boss, good addon.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
          Nah, I liked it. Most of my favourite games in my all time top10 have an

escape sequence

of some sort, be it Zelda OOT, Goldeneye, Halo, Lylat Wars or the Metroid games.
          It's how all RE games end! And I thought it was great too.

Comment

I actually died twice at the end of the game

while fleeing on the jet ski...the way it starts I thought it was gonna be quik time and Leon fleeing her to safety..looks that way at first..so I odviassley died when I crashed into a falling boulder..then I took control of it and after all I been threw battle wise figured escaping from the island would be a peice of cake..then as I was nearly out the cave a boulder came crashing down killing us...I was so dissapointed I could die this way after all the boss's I had just beat :/

Comment

The end was most reminiscent of

DMC. The jet ski escape was a dead ringer for the plane flight throught the caverns at the end of DMC.

I also had trouble with the boss at the end of

Ada, though I found a fairly cheap method of dispatching him. Just leave the room when he appears and take out your rifle. Re-enter and he'll be running at you from the far end of the walkway. Immediately scope his legs and fire, then snipe his head. Leave the room, repeat. Took him down in 4 headshots.

Comment

And there was me at 1am last night thinking I'll just have a quick half hour then I'm off to bed as I've go things to do today.

Cue lots of, I'll just play till the next save point and then oh f@ck, it's 4.30am again...lol! Well I finally had to get some sleep and had just got a little way into the last chapter on the

It just really is a totally engrossing and enjoyable game, has a real 'I just want to see what's around the next corner' feel to it. And the pl II sound is fantastic, those monks and the ambient effects are wonderful. Much fun...

I got up this morning, had some breakfast and was eyeing my Q up thinking, well I could have a quick go...lol! Which says it all really... 8)

Comment

Currently playing the game again on pro and up to 4-1 a the mo, marcus is correct the game is much better on this mode for it. Also marcus

use flash grenades on the parasite heads they hate light they will die instantly, if you just have one by itself a well placed shotgun black works as well or if you don't want to get to close a rifle shot usually kills in one hit as well

Comment

Just completed Assignment Ada. What a brilliant choice for the boss at the end, and a very nice ending as well!

My tastebuds are tingling for the next installment.

Comment

about Krauser past

Now i just had the 1st custscene fight with him and i just can not place where/who Krauser is in past RE games, as i can't for the life of me remember him and i thought i knew about RE plot/time-line pretty good as well

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                        tested out the pause/clock situation and

Pausing the game DOES stop the clock.
                        Leaving the game on the Map DOES NOT stop the clock.
                        Leaving the game on the Inventory DOES NOT stop the clock.
                        It seem that timer also continues during the cut scenes.

I?m currently on 5-2? I am sure I can finish this before my friend gets back at 8
                        Last edited by Jakeway; 29-01-2005, 14:12.

Comment

Currently up to 3-2 (yeah I know, being slow but I haven't had much time to play this week) and now I've got to deal with

wacko red horn head operating that sodding mini-gun at me

. Still, I've tried two approaches here, so which is better people:

wade in, move and dodge with the shotgun; or snipe from a distance (I have plenty of rifle ammo)?

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just finished this.

Spoilers on ending:

Was it me, or did it totally sneak up on you? There were the subtle hints, but the fact that the other chapters had 4 sections, then Final Chapter has only one, just snook up on me a little.

Ending was a little predictable, you knew not to trust Ada. And the omission of Wesker from any of this was a little weak. Suppose they had to set themselves up for a new game though.

And Leon's little talk with Hunnigan at the end, I was expecting an MGS2-style (i.e. the Patriots dying ages ago) ending twist, but there was nothing except a **** chat-up line. It's this that stops the game being great, the plot was distinctly average. But the action rawwwwwwwked

Comment

^^

You should try

Assignment Ada

which you've just unlocked. There's a second ending, and far more satisfying imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                                Currently up to 3-2 (yeah I know, being slow but I haven't had much time to play this week) and now I've got to deal with

wacko red horn head operating that sodding mini-gun at me

. Still, I've tried two approaches here, so which is better people:

wade in, move and dodge with the shotgun; or snipe from a distance (I have plenty of rifle ammo)?

Don't go into the room. Instead, go back up the stairs you just came from and snipe him in the head once. That should take care of him

Comment

Working...
                                X