Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nintendo DS rocks!
    how many times did you have to play through it to save up that much?
    I played through about half way again, sold all of my other stuff apart from the assualt rifle

Comment

Just beat the game and have a bit of a dilemma now. I want to play through it again, but playing on the same difficulty won't be much fun, especially with all my old weapons. I could play professional, but then I won't get to buy the newly available weapons. What to do...

I really wish they'd let me select professional difficulty on 2nd playthrough .

Other than this small annoyance this was one of the best games I ever played though .

Comment

I'm playing it through again and going for minimal saving, no deaths and combining all the treasure to earn as much cash as possible. Setting these limits definitely helps to bring the challenge back up. As for going through the game again with over powered weapons not being fun. ARE YOU MAD MAN? It's ALL about fun.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
          I take it you are on pro mode?

Does the amount of time you take, and number of saves have any bearing on the game, as has happened in previous games?
          No... I was kinda hoping that 0 deaths would give me something after all that hard work. I've been following the GameFAQs message boards since the game was released, and I haven't seen anything about different endings either. You can unlock a weapon by playing in the Mercenaries mode, but other than that there's nothing special to unlock.

Comment

I started playing threw it again to on pro mode...I just now got

the prison key

but then I suddenly had to explain to Ashley & Leon I had to go to Walmart for a little while

anyway I am finding this more difficult

the way the villagers dodge your bullets when your trying to shoot them

but yet I still did get quite far I beat the lake beast without dying so I was proud of myself for that. I am currentley saving every dime I have which I beleive to be atm around $25,000.00 for the

rocket launcher with unlimited amo

Comment

Same here labrat. It seemed reasonable to assume that playing through with no continues would unlock something, but it didn't. I'm still glad I played it that way nonetheless - it really upped the challenge. It would be too easy to sail through the game retrying a hundred times. Having to develop strategies to survive from one savepoint to the next really forces you to play the game better.

Comment

I have to say the game is a whole lot better on Professional mode, Normal now seems like RE-Lite to me.

Comment

I'm aiming to get the rocket launcher as well, running through the game with that is going to be MENTAL.

Comment

So what's the deal then?

When you complete it, you unlock what? And get what options? You get them playing through normal again, or get them playing through pro?

Comment

Started ANOTHER run through...again on normal settings, just want to see if i can go all the way through without being killed, if not, how fast i can get through...

Just finished killed Chief Mendes (the third boss) and am at the Castle Grounds in 1hrs03mins12secs, would've been quicker were it not for a toilet break, and me discovering a "hidden" merchant on the lake...

Comment

And no, i don't know what i'm trying to achieve...

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                          Dont quite follow what you mean, but you get the
                          gun and something else when you unlock pro mode (I forget what it was now). Im starting pro mode and will try and do as many sidemissions and treasure hunts as I can, the game does benefit from being reasonably harder than normal mode, Ive no doubt about that.
                          That's what I'm in the midst of doing myself, I was just curious to see if the new weapons are available to buy from the merchant in Pro mode at some juncture.

Comment

I have just ordered this myself now due to great reviews from you guys, and the movie files I saw of it a while back.
                            What kind of weapons can you use in this game?
                            Do you guys think this could be a game of the year even though only a month has passed?

Comment

Originally posted by laharl
                              Do you guys think this could be a game of the year even though only a month has passed?

It's the best game in the last five years, IMHO...maybe longer. What Capcom have achieved here is just mind-boggling at times

Comment

I don't know if any of you have seen this:

Comment

Working...
                                X