No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the HL2 thread can count as First Play. You checked out how many of the posts were posted prior to the game actually being released?

Comment

How much of that thread was complaints about it being delayed before anyone even started to play though?

Comment

It reached about 110-120 or so pages if I remember correctly before the game was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007
          Check this out, IGN have posted some videos from RE:4's early days, taken from the Bonus DVD, Old style camera but looks just as good.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/582/582869p1.html

Those baby dolls or whatever they are with knives in there backs look creepy and that Ghost boss looks brill he brings him into the light from the windows and turns into a zombie, neat idea.

I'm glad they decided to release the version we have now, I don't think RE games should ever go back to fixed camera angles now.
          Id seen the presentation demos before but never someone actualy playing it. That really does look amazing and drips with atmosphere, dread and horror. Just a perfect setting. The place looks really interesting and it would have been great to uncover it's story. I really really wish this could have been released instead of the tiresome RE0 or RE1 remake. Would have loved exploring that ghoulish gothic place.

Comment

Resident Evil: Remake was great. I find it's setting and story better conceived than Resident Evil 4's, and the atmosphere is more menacing too.

Resident Evil Zero though is pish. I agree. It would have been nice if Capcom had the resources at the time to flesh out the old version of Resident Evil 4 into a spin-off title. Instead of concentrating on the most flawed traditional (i.e. third-person adventure) entry in the series.

Comment

Just got to the

cathedral/ sewer section on 3-2: very Devil May Cry

8)

Where the hell can you find ammo for the magnum?!

Comment

You'll come across some eventually, don't worry, although they aren't around in the abundance of shotgun shells for obvious reasons.

Comment

Mikami himself said Zero was rubbish. When asked what he would do different he said something about letting you play as every single member of Bravo team, up until the point they died.

It might have been a throw away comment, but its an interesting idea.

I liked Zero as it stood. Its a lot better than the PAL version of Outbreak, but its not as good as the RE: Remake ( and nowhere close to numero 4 )

Comment

That would have been interesting. A cross-pollinated narrative playing about with time, a la Pulp Fiction, experiencing the same events with different characters.

I made it sound as though Remake is better than 4.

It isn't, just in certain areas. In terms of gameplay, technology, and level design, Resident Evil 4 is by far and away superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                      Resident Evil: Remake was great. I find it's setting and story better conceived than Resident Evil 4's, and the atmosphere is more menacing too.

Resident Evil Zero though is pish. I agree. It would have been nice if Capcom had the resources at the time to flesh out the old version of Resident Evil 4 into a spin-off title. Instead of concentrating on the most flawed traditional (i.e. third-person adventure) entry in the series.
                      I think the story line for that old version was completely different. The first time they showed off RE4 they mentioned "the cradle of the progenitor virus" and had Leon being possessed by something.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju
                        I think the story line for that old version was completely different. The first time they showed off RE4 they mentioned "the cradle of the progenitor virus" and had Leon being possessed by something.
                        There's still a few old scenes from the old version in Resident Evil 4. Such as

late on, you're able to walk down a corridor during which the curtains are being blown about thanks to wind streaming in through a collection of open windows. I remember Leon walking down a similar scene and the trailer switching to first person.

In a way, the idea of Leon being possessed is still continued due to the Plagas impregnated into his body.

Comment

well, I'm still reading this thread despite not having the game. It was so good I boxed up my gamecube and game and couriered it to a mate so he could experience how good this game is

Comment

Damn the Chicago Typewriter rocks..finally managed to save up enough to buy it.

Comment

how many times did you have to play through it to save up that much?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                                I take it you are on pro mode?
                                Nope, one more attempt on normal, as a warm up so to speak before moving onto pro mode.

Originally posted by marcus
                                Does the amount of time you take, and number of saves have any bearing on the game, as has happened in previous games? Bit annoying that pause doenst stop the clock, as I often leave my GC on when Im not around.
                                No, no bearing at all in this game, unfortunately there's not even a grade system, which is a shame considering i'm actually good at this Resi haha.

Also, it DEFINITELY adds time to the clock when it's paused, no way did my three hour game go from so to a nine hour game in the space of one save.

Anyways, completed the game again, all within 24 hours.

Final stats...stats in red are from my first runthrough...

Hit Ratio 63% 61%
                                Enemies Killed 973 970
                                Times Killed 19 141
                                Gametime 18hrs 01mins 18secs 99hrs 21mins 50secs

Obviously, there's the massive improvement as expected on the times killed. Hit ratio and enemy kills are pretty much the same. And my gametime was so bad first time round purely because of the time i often left my Gamecube on pause, you know, for things like...sleeping!

Am contemplating one more runthrough on normal settings, just to smash that 18 hour mark to bits...

Comment

Working...
                                X