No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out, IGN have posted some videos from RE:4's early days, taken from the Bonus DVD, Old style camera but looks just as good.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/582/582869p1.html

Those baby dolls or whatever they are with knives in there backs look creepy and that Ghost boss looks brill he brings him into the light from the windows and turns into a zombie, neat idea.

I'm glad they decided to release the version we have now, I don't think RE games should ever go back to fixed camera angles now.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007
      Check this out, IGN have posted some videos from RE:4's early days, taken from the Bonus DVD, Old style camera but looks just as good.

Those baby dolls or whatever they are with knives in there backs look creepy and that Ghost boss looks brill he brings him into the light from the windows and turns into a zombie, neat idea.

I'm glad they decided to release the version we have now, I don't think RE games should ever go back to fixed camera angles now.
      Looks interesting, but I concur that the change was definitely for the best. The old version just seems too similar to previous iterations. Those baby dolls also look very Silent Hill tbh.

One thing they should have migrated to the current build though should have been the unexpected violent opening of that door as Leon goes down the corridor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mephistopheles
        One thing they should have migrated to the current build though should have been the unexpected violent opening of that door as Leon goes down the corridor.
        Yep and the way the fire jumps out, those extra little touches add that little bit extra bit tension. The Knights part looked good also, you just knew they would move somehow.

Comment

Anyone got any tips for the mercenaries mode? I cnt seem to get past 3 stars on anylevel. Havent unlocked anyone- not through lack of trying!!

Comment

Hmm, the game doesnt scare me in terms of nastiness of enemies/gore etc, the score did give an incredible sense of foreboding in some areas, but it just evoked a panicky feeling as opposed to being genuinely scared.

I did have a couple of little jumps,

at the start of the castle, I turned the corner and sniped a couple of the guys with cloaks on higher level, I missed their heads and got their shoulders/arms and assumed they were dead as their chanting stopped. I waited there for a while to see if any more would pop up so I could snipe them, then out of nowhere I hear chanting and both the ****ers were right next to me
            cue equipping the shotgun and heads exploding

Comment

would anyone be interested if I start a thread in "gaming/challenges" ? ie. leaderboards for:most kills, fastest completion time, least number of deaths ? (and other bits once I unlock them )

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007

I can't believe they did that much work on the game and then just scrapped it

Comment

It is amazing the work put into this game. According to the Edge interview it was 4 iterations they went through.

I think it puts into perspective some of the critisisms levelled at the game here re: controls and method of creating scares/tension.

Its clear they tried a variety of methods of both of these until they settled on what they have. You cant fix one aspect without breaking another and I think its obvious how much care and attention has gone into the iteration we are playing.
                  Last edited by rjpageuk; 27-01-2005, 14:25.

Comment

Bah, can't see those videos. Got to be an insider.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                      It is amazing the work put into this game. According to the Edge review it was 4 iterations they went through.

I think it puts into perspective some of the critisisms levelled at the game here re: controls and method of creating scares/tension.

Its clear they tried a variety of methods of both of these until they settled on what they have. You cant fix one aspect without breaking another and I think its obvious how much care and attention has gone into the iteration we are playing.
                      And didn't one of those iterations end up being PN03?

Comment

They used an early version of the engine for PN03 (according to that Edge interview).

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                          No man, I got them ok

Comment

Great videos, I've been waiting for these to surface on the internet

btw I've just been playing the game for my second time through...I've just realised that you can combine some treasures to get more cash for them!!! How could I have missed this?

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                              Open the Windows Media Player Link on each of the vids, they don't load but do the 'Left Click to Download' then save them and then they should work fine.
                              Last edited by Miguel007; 27-01-2005, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov
                                Anyone got any tips for the mercenaries mode? I cnt seem to get past 3 stars on anylevel. Havent unlocked anyone- not through lack of trying!!
                                You need to pick up the extra time items. I was playing the castle one last night and there are quite a few of them, just keep moving and don't linger. There is a bonus points item in a treasure chest too.

Comment

Working...
                                X