No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me how to do the spoiler thing on this forum.

Comment

[ spoiler] [ /spoiler] (but without the spaces)

Comment

heh cheers, thought it would be obvious

Comment

Ive been playing Mercenaries, which is VERY addictive,

I have opened up Chunk, Wesker, Ada and Krauser. I find Chunk is the best, mainly because you can stock up on **** loads of grenades and blast multiple enemies with the Uzi.

One thing I did notice on waterworld is them damn Chainsaw dudes seem to have turbo when im climbing the ladders.

On Waterworld I tend to run around and get em to follow me to the explosive barrels and then take em out that way, more points. Once I blast em, pick up all the drops.

Making sure you pick up the time bonus stuff when you can, as you need enough time to get all the points.

I then usually run up top to the bit were you use the arial runway, turnaround and get ready for the chainsaw dude with my grenades. Take him out with grenades, then just keep blasting the other guys and pickiing up what they drop. If you get in trouble, just fly down the arial runway.

I did this with Chunk though, not sure what its like with other characters.

Last edited by SUMIRE; 27-01-2005, 15:38.

Comment

Hi there

Those that are interested in the making of RE 4 should check out the link below. Nice footage of the game in development and Interviews with the engineers, artists and designers. Is it just me or do they all look extremely tired?
            Cannot imagine the kind of work that goes into making games like this.

About 70mb.

Regards

Comment

Yeh this is off the extra DVD that the Japanese version had I think, watched it few weeks ago. Quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by fumi
                Hi there

Those that are interested in the making of RE 4 should check out the link below. Nice footage of the game in development and Interviews with the engineers, artists and designers. Is it just me or do they all look extremely tired?
                Cannot imagine the kind of work that goes into making games like this.

About 70mb.

Regards
                Sweet nice one....it actually streamed well for once.

Comment

OH MY GOD! The boss at chapter 2-3 is insane.

Still haven't killed him after 5 tries. Rock hard.

Comment

Anyone who has beaten the Professional difficulty know if the new weapons that were unlocked in Normal mode available in a new Professional game at some point?

Comment

Dont quite follow what you mean, but you get the
                      gun and something else when you unlock pro mode (I forget what it was now). Im starting pro mode and will try and do as many sidemissions and treasure hunts as I can, the game does benefit from being reasonably harder than normal mode, Ive no doubt about that.

Comment

Bit of a late entry to this thread but here goes ...

My US copy of RE4 was posted last Thurs from Play Asia so have been impatiently waiting for it all this week In the meantime i've been playing the Famitsu demo constantly and making sure I explored the village fully.

My copy arrived today anyway and was waiting for me when I got home Had a quick go tonight and got as far as the end of the demo. Only quibble so far is : anyone know why they changed the cries and shouts of the villagers compared to the demo? I think the original sounds made them more menacing and were less human hence more scary/disturbing - reminded me of the 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers' film remake (which I like) for some reason. The voices on the US version just don't cut the mustard ... anyone know if the original sounds are on the Jap version? There seem to have been a few other tweaks here and there too.

Anyway looking forward to giving it a good go over the weekend as it looks to be the game of the year so far as a lot of people on here have said.

BTW for anyone wondering : the game works fine on my original version of the Action Replay (containing the original version of Freeloader). There's no excuse for any of you not to give those villagers hell!

Comment

So, still banging away on my second playthrough...my time is clocking in at 15 hours, damn me leaving the game paused whilst i went out today!

But yeah, i'm assuming it's taken me seven hours of playing, and i'm just upto where Ashley has been released from the cell, killed 10 times so far...i'll easily have the game wrapped up by the end of tonight.

Comment

I take it you are on pro mode?

Does the amount of time you take, and number of saves have any bearing on the game, as has happened in previous games? Bit annoying that pause doenst stop the clock, as I often leave my GC on when Im not around.

Biggest First Play thread ever by the way now, more posts than FZero.

Comment

Pause does stop the clock, I'm certain of it as I left it on for about five hours when I went out the other night and nothing had happened to my time when I got back. It does clock up time on the inventory screen as well as the save game screen (for some strange reason) but it stops the clock when you press pause.

I'm loving Pro mode as well, it's a real test of reflexes at times when your surrounded by enemies and need to get the appropiate weapon as fast as possible. Does anyone know if you get anything extra for beating it?

Comment

It isn't strictly first play, but the Half-Life 2 thread is around 230 pages long. Still some way to go yet. 8)
                                Last edited by Concept; 27-01-2005, 20:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X