No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chad, stick with it it gets A LOT better. Initially it didn't click with me and seem as amazing as everyone was making it out to be, but give it a few hours and you will be impressed.

Just faced a Regenerator. Not as scary as everyone is making it out to be Can someone give me some background info on
    from RE2? i.e. what happened, etc

Comment

Cheers Wazy, I hope you're right about it picking up.

Ada:

was a supposed journalist who was trapped in Racoon City the same time as Leon. She helped out as a secondary character and "died" when she fell into a chasm at the end of the game.

I think there was more to her than that but I can't quite remember.

Comment

Regarding Ada:

As Chad said she supposedly died at the end of Res 2 - though if memory serves in the second Claire Scenario she played a helpful Silhouette (sp?!) so you knew she wasn't dead. There was also an epiloge for her in Resident Evil 3 - further reinforcing the knowledge she wasn't dead. In the epilogue is goes on about leaving Ada behind and going on with her new life.

I think if I recall correctly she was sort of covert and involved in trying to get a sample of T virus (or G whichever one it was)

In short she's just a bit of a mystery. Bring back Barry Burton I say! :P

I could say more but am unsure if I should as the lines between Res 2, 3 and 4 story lines for her are a bit blurry right now

HTH - I'm sure someone would be able to provide a much better (and probably more accurate account for you

Comment

This is the best game ive played for a long time, just completed it tonight. I will deffo be playing through it again with my new toys and the unlocks are great as well.

Anyway, heres my final completed stats. Lol, didnt realize I died as much.

Hit Ratio = 70%
          Enemies Killed = 921
          Number of times died = 95
          Clear time = 22.47'12

I'd go as far as to say its worth buying a Cube just to play this game.

Comment

Now in the castle, five hours down game time wise (though a fair amount spent trying to beat

Chief Mendez

however). Time for boulder action heh. Just upgraded to the Blacktail; will leave the Riot Gun, SemiAuto rifle and Butterfly for later when I have more money (and room!).

It's bloody hard.. that's all I will say. A bit of trial and error too... but I imagine the second time through when you know what's going on makes it even better...?
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Its pretty funny when I started to play through again, blasting through the village with my arsenal of weapons. I feel like Rambo, great fun.

Comment

suplex

you cannot perform suplex on villagers.

only at the 'victims' at castle and island.

easiest way to do it is to aim at their knees, shoot either one once, if they kneel down, run up n suplex..

u can do the same with the guys using the wooden spiked shields, kicking them or suplex(ha!) will cause em to drop the shield.

Professional mode is the real meat of the game...damn fun to play thru it with normal weapons...

Comment

Another way to do the suplex is to shoot the enemy's feet.
                  I seem to be able to pull it off more this way, rather than shooting at their knees.

Comment

Just completed it tonight! It really is rare that I complete a game, but this game was just so good I couldn't pull myself away from playing through the last few stages. Really enjoyed every minute(well maybe not exactly EVERY minute

'IT' was bloody annoying to get past

) but now that I'm done I'm just going to take my time polishing off the unlockables one by one.

Clear Stats:

Hit Ratio: 72%

Enemies Killed: 939

Number of times killed: 71 (I'm actually impressed by this, I had been killed over 70 times but no matter how often I died I just kept coming back for more.)

Clear Time: 18:48'10"

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                      Another way to do the suplex is to shoot the enemy's feet.
                      I seem to be able to pull it off more this way, rather than shooting at their knees.
                      Agreed - anywhere below the knee makes em croutch down rather than fall over. I'd like a few more moves like this - some extra locks and throws could have gonee a long way. Just a small moan tho - this game is more than excellent

Originally posted by SummAh
                      Professional mode is the real meat of the game...damn fun to play thru it with normal weapons...
                      Very true. I wouldn't have believed the game could get any better, but it has

How are you guys doing on The Merceneries? I managed to unlock Krauser (whose pretty good fun) and had a quick go on the Waterworld map - but got my ass handed to me so quickly it's frightening. Suprisingly compulsive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man
                        Agreed - anywhere below the knee makes em croutch down rather than fall over. I'd like a few more moves like this - some extra locks and throws could have gonee a long way. Just a small moan tho - this game is more than excellent

According to the deisgners of the game, there are other moves waiting to be discovered. I haven't found anything though.

Comment

I've cleared my head of whatever was poisoning it yesterday (probably sobriety), and I'm willing to put some time into the game tonight - god knows I've been craving the damn thing long enough.

I'm alarmed that there are no item boxes knocking about, even if you can now drop stuff wherever you want... seems like they've solved one problem and created another. There's probably a reason for this that I've no idea about yet. (Why still use limited inventory? I thought they'd grown out of that with Onimusha and DMC )

Any suggestions what the best thing to do when you first meet that Merchant geezer is, apart from kill him? Gor blimey guv'nor why ah doo declayer he's worn awful git.

Comment

Originally posted by SummAh
                            you cannot perform suplex on villagers.

only at the 'victims' at castle and island.

easiest way to do it is to aim at their knees, shoot either one once, if they kneel down, run up n suplex..

u can do the same with the guys using the wooden spiked shields, kicking them or suplex(ha!) will cause em to drop the shield.

It is.

I accidentally started a New Game (Professional) on my completed save and of course, lost the opportunity to go through the game with my new weapons.

Anyone know if the newly unlocked weapons become available during the game on Professional difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                              I've cleared my head of whatever was poisoning it yesterday (probably sobriety), and I'm willing to put some time into the game tonight - god knows I've been craving the damn thing long enough.

I'm alarmed that there are no item boxes knocking about, even if you can now drop stuff wherever you want... seems like they've solved one problem and created another. There's probably a reason for this that I've no idea about yet. (Why still use limited inventory? I thought they'd grown out of that with Onimusha and DMC )

Any suggestions what the best thing to do when you first meet that Merchant geezer is, apart from kill him? Gor blimey guv'nor why ah doo declayer he's worn awful git.
                              I honestly didnt find it a problem. I think its because I managed my items very well, and always had enough money to buy the bigger cases as I went along. I never wasted my money on the sub-machine gun and stock etc, so I had plenty of room all the time for the items that mattered.

I think the main thing is not to waste money on loads of guns, just keep what you need and upgrade to the more powerful version when you can, then sell what you dont need. Later on when you get the big case, you can be more adventurous with what you buy.

Comment

Im now on 5-1, and I beat the 4-4 boss by

two shotgun bullets and a single rocket lol

Comment

Working...
                                X