No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trick is to run up the ladder as soon as they arrive on the scene, and to kick either of them down from above on each side. Then lob in a few fire grenades and bingo... you're sorted.

If they follow you up before you can do this, then run to the entrance you came through and arm yourself with the shotgun or the rifle. The important thing during this section is to make sure you place yourself in a space where none of the sneaky buggers can circle you from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
      The trick is to run up the ladder as soon as they arrive on the scene, and to kick either of them down from above on each side. Then lob in a few fire grenades and bingo... you're sorted.

If they follow you up before you can do this, then run to the entrance you came through and arm yourself with the shotgun or the rifle. The important thing during this section is to make sure you place yourself in a space where none of the sneaky buggers can circle you from behind.
      I didn't do it that way, you're a coward Or I'm just stupid .

I left ashley in the box, and jumped down, went straight for the two chainwhores and shotgun em both down. Chuck a grenade at each for good measure (this also eliminates the other tossers getting in your face). Then run over and shotgun the chainwhore to your right...should kill her, then do a 180 and kill the other chainwhore. It also helps to keep your aim high on em.

Thats the rambo way.

God I hated the chainwhores.

Comment

I jumped down, then climbed back the ladder. Ran to the first ladder and picked them off with the rifle. Took at least ten attempts to do it though. Cleared the other lot by the exit and then I went back and took the right hand path. Fun, fun, fun.

Last night got mullered by ol' beardy. Too busy taking in the spectacle to think about tackling the bugger.

Comment

Think i'm gonna attempt to start and finish the game in one day sometime in the next week or so...

Comment

OMG - the end of Ada's Assignment is doing my ****ing nut.

Comment

I finished the game earlier tonight, stats:

Hit ratio:61%
              No. of enemies killed: 973
              No of times killed: 98
              Time 25"55"24

It's the best game I've played in a long time, and quite possibly ever

I struggled throughout all the regenerator sections due to a lack of an infrared scope-where do you get one of those?

Comment

For Geezer :

Originally posted by Geezer

I struggled throughout all the regenerator sections due to a lack of an infrared scope-where do you get one of those?

If i remember the infrared scope is located in the freezer room.

Comment

Ta mate

btw, my mother came in earlier while I was playing it, cue me blowing off about 5 heads with a shotgun and then getting my own sawn off, the look on her face was priceless

Comment

Ok 5-1 now...and I'm getting 0wned, pwned and b0ned. I can't even get passed the first section, I really do suck

I can see what needs to be done, obviously, but actually doing it...maybe from afar it'd be easier.

Comment

Remember to engage enemies. The more you fight enemies instead of running, generally the more ammo you find from their fallen bodies. One flaw in the game, is that yes, like previous Resident Evils, you need to keep on top of ammo management with always one eye on the wider picture to conserve. If not, then the difficulty can ramp up.

Comment

Not had a real problem with ammo so far (apart from once getting almost down to just pistol left) just actually killing some of the slightly bigger gits

(though as I did say,

El Gigante went down with one rocket to the back and I even managed to try that without reading any spoiler here beforehand!

)
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Finished it tonight. The final boss battle was a total walkover, did him first try. Actually all of the boss battles were easy, aside from El Gigante who was semi tricky.

The extras it opens up are pretty cool. Love Leon's alternate outfit on the 2nd playthrough. Do any of the other characters have new costumes? And that new rocket launcher you can buy sounds highly entertaining, shame about the price!

Mercenaries is really tough, but huge fun!

Comment

Got Ada's Assignment outta the way.

Turns out there is a viable alternative to Leon's knife-off strategy (which, of course, Ada can't exploit). Just run back and forth along the gangway, using the small distance between you and Krauser to shoot the bugger in the shins. Took a while but worked out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                              Do any of the other characters have new costumes? And that new rocket launcher you can buy sounds highly entertaining, shame about the price!
                              Click here for spoiler picture if you wanna see a certain girls outift on the second run through:

And I'm pretty sure you got 1 million pesatas for defeating the final boss so buying the rocket launcher won't be a problem!

Comment

I finished that Ada's assignment with 2 health i think. I'm playing through Mercenaries now, great fun. It would be amazing if it was an online deathmatch type thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X