Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freddo
    has anyone else noticed, when you go through the mansion where u pick up the key to get into the cemetary, after the big boss dude attacks you and then leaves, if you follow him back the way you came there's a cutscene with

aida in it
    Ah that explains where it is... been through the game twice and never saw it (and it's in the trailer).
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

just before the first boss fight - giant sea monster, shoot into the water at the end of the pier

save it first as the monster jumps out and eats you after the 5/6 shot - instant death

might have been mentioned before but i've just started playing the game

Comment

I just finished RE4 in one sitting in 2:53 8)

Could easily shave about 20-25 minutes off that.

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

Hold on. When I met chainsaw-guy for the first time I shat myself, ran away and triggered the cut-scene.

Then chainsaw came through the door (bastard scared the pants off me) and I was dead.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon

just before the first boss fight - giant sea monster, shoot into the water at the end of the pier

save it first as the monster jumps out and eats you after the 5/6 shot - instant death

might have been mentioned before but i've just started playing the game
              That **** me up no end the first time it happened , those little touches really make it shine.

I'm on my 4th play through now, still great fun but somewhat dampened by the power of the unlockable weapons

as mentioned before the CT is far too strong, they should have given you a gattling gun instead that was a bit more powerful than the TMP but fired a bit faster. The handcannon is ridiculous but a lot more fun and the Rocket launcher speaks for itself.

Still, you don't have to use them but the temptation is too great. Bah, enough moaning I'm off to play mercenaries...

Comment

Mercenaries is so addictive. I love it. Haven?t had that classic ?one more time, dammit!!? feeling for a long long time.

The spoiler mentioned above made me jump out of my skin too. My goodness I wasn?t expecting that. Thought I would fire a few harmless shots? you know, why not eh? Heh, ?few harmless shots? ? how ironic?

Today my girlfriend started a new save file? And once again it has been reiterated what an extraordinary piece of gaming Capcom have wrought into existence. Anyone who questions its playability or its control system needs to take a step back and question their own gaming abilities imo. Not only does Jo rarely, if ever, play videogames ? she has never held a Gamecube controller in her hand. And? it was only a matter of minutes before she had become fully custom to RE4?s control.

She absolutely loved it and it was pretty awesome watching her play (and hearing her scream as the chainsaw dude came smashing through the door)

Hehe, right? back to Mercenaries I go too!
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by SunLolly

How did you do it so quickly? I played this through on Friday night with a mate in basically two sittings and we got a time of 8 hours. That was with skipping every cutscene and only picking vital items. I don't understand how I could have knocked off at least 5 hours to get the kind of time that you got?

Did you take a pic of the status screen once you finished it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                    Mercenaries is so addictive. I love it. Haven?t had that classic ?one more time, dammit!!? feeling for a long long time.

The spoiler mentioned above made me jump out of my skin too. My goodness I wasn?t expecting that. Thought I would fire a few harmless shots? you know, why not eh? Heh, ?few harmless shots? ? how ironic?

Today my girlfriend started a new save file? And once again it has been reiterated what an extraordinary piece of gaming Capcom have wrought into existence. Anyone who questions its playability or its control system needs to take a step back and question their own gaming abilities imo. Not only does Jo rarely, if ever, play videogames ? she has never held a Gamecube controller in her hand. And? it was only a matter of minutes before she had become fully custom to RE4?s control.

She absolutely loved it and it was pretty awesome watching her play (and hearing her scream as the chainsaw dude came smashing through the door)

Hehe, right? back to Mercenaries I go too!

Hehe, damn right It's so easy (or natural) to play that it just seems to work perfectly...throughout every single moment of the game. That itself is nothing short of an amazing achievement, IMHO

Anyway I started playing Mercs mode tonight and I love it. Easily as much fun as most full-priced games and wonderfully addictive. I've already unlocked everyone and I'm now going to start aiming for 5 stars on each.

If it hasn't already been said enough, this is the best single player game in years...maybe ever (IMHO anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by SunLolly

Is that poss? Took me 16 hrs+ That's fast May i say what an ace game. Still lots to do even when finished.

Comment

I dont think 2.53 is possible... even if you killed every enemy (including bosses) with one shot!! A world record time if true, but I doubt it!!

Comment

speeddemosarchive.com have a video of a faster run than this, its very believable.

Comment

I saved it near the last boss. I will try and take a pic tonight and show you lot.

Comment

called speed runs and 2hr 13mins is the record

the video they have up is about 2hr 50mins

some of it doesnt look right imo, missing baddies and the dogs do no damage when they attack

Comment

I think it's possible if re-starting the game from a cleared file as you would have all the weaponry from the start.

Comment

Working...
                                X