No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no problem replaying them cause now I know a lot better how to approah them, but wasting orbs on continues is really pissing me off!!

Making them hit each other is quite good the only moves they got that still bothering me is there rush moves... the time between them warning you by shouting then attacking is tiny and it dont help if you mid combo and cant get your RG canel in quick enough. Will get it sorted tonight though... have to put them to bed... want Vergil1 on a plate ASAP

Comment

Just picked this up on the play sale looking forward to giving it a bash after i complete god of war.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
        Yep, dozens of them lol. It felt a lot different approaching it as if I was just learning their moves, it's a lot less frustrating starting over and over if you keep that in mind.
        That's what it's all about man - on the Japanese version you're allowed to just sit there on bosses using Rebirth for free, I can spend all day learning the boss patterns as it's so satisfying! Agni & Rudra used to scare the hell out of me, they just seemed so random - but they so blatantly arent! When you get a good parry routine going and they cant touch you it's like -

This -

and this!

XD

Comment

Bad thing about the PAL version is you want to do this but its costs 3000 orbs a pop... I like having my orbs sitting up at 490,000... I dont want to use them ;p

They stripped around 18 continues off me last night but it was well worth it... a moments lapse and its all over!! Gonna cost me a fortune in continue orbs to get each of the DMD bosses bitched !!

Comment

You could still use up your orbs to train on a boss - just dont save afterwards ennit! It's proper stupid the way they changed the continue system, same way they change the buttons round between regions aswell - what's the point?

Comment

Its daft move cause it aint no sublte differece... its a total reworking of a key system in the game.

Only thing with not saving it is having to go through the rest of the mission again... its becoming easier to take basic enemies out in DMD but you gotta bring your ace game to every encounter or you get nailed to the wall.

First port of call tonight is to purchase about 50 continues

Comment

So...whats the best version of the game to get then? Story and moves lists im most concerned about, but if the japan version has them in english tis fine.

God im late this party...

Comment

Japanese version is the best one mate, it's got an English Language option.

Comment

Cerberus on DMD with RG vid coming up!

Comment

Here's the Cerberus RG vid(DMD). I've pretty much got the parrying of his main attacks down and I think this is a good way to take him down, Trickster aside.

Comment

What really gets to me are these people who carry on working after winning the lottery...

"I'd carry on working me"

"You'd have nowt else to do"

"You'd go insane with boredom"

Who are these ***** exactly? Do they talk like this to try and sound moral and just?

I know what I'd do if I won the lottery, I'd sit at home with a massive IMAX style screen pumping 16 hours a day into various games that I don't have time for such as DMC3. During dry periods in gaming I'd sit with my guitars.

Work? ****E! The only work I'd do is setting up my A/V gear.

Last year when I was out of a job was ace - I'd just sit at my mates house all day long whilst his mum and dad were away for two weeks caning weed and GradiusV.

I might try and save up so that I can do that again sometime for 12 months.

Sorry, that's a bit off topic - but I'm banned from there and I hate missing out on all this involved gameplay all because I don't have the time. Time is WELL more valuable to me than money, if you could 'buy' hours for a fiver each I would.
                        Last edited by dataDave; 28-07-2005, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                          Here's the Cerberus RG vid(DMD). I've pretty much got the parrying of his main attacks down and I think this is a good way to take him down, Trickster aside.

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...U2BOGKZBG14QK1
                          Cheers mate, that would have been useful a few days ago, lol! Although when I was up against him my RG was still level 1 so I couldn't have done the jumping parries anyway.. that dropping ice move and the big chunk of ice he spits at you were the only two I was able to parry with regularity (and even then not all the time)

Comment

Trickster was the only way to go for me on DMD Cerberus, getting ****ed in about his legs and heads then getting outta there worked great... if you seen that fight from his perspective there would have been a little red blur dashing around his feet and head that he couldn't make out

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                              Trickster was the only way to go for me on DMD Cerberus, getting ****ed in about his legs and heads then getting outta there worked great... if you seen that fight from his perspective there would have been a little red blur dashing around his feet and head that he couldn't make out
                              On DMD, Trickster's by far the best style against Cerberus in that if you know what you're doing you won't get touched. I used it to get my SS rank for the mission. However, RG is more effective and you can kill Cerberus a lot quicker. Looks cooler too. The only downside is, you have to be really good with your parrying if you want at least a S rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                                Cheers mate, that would have been useful a few days ago, lol! Although when I was up against him my RG was still level 1 so I couldn't have done the jumping parries anyway.. that dropping ice move and the big chunk of ice he spits at you were the only two I was able to parry with regularity (and even then not all the time)
                                You can parry the dropping ice standing too. Jump parries are a lot safer though.

Comment

Working...
                                X