No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMC3 can now be grouped with 'getting up', 'having lunch', 'taking a ****', 'watching TV', etc. Its just part of life! I see no reason for this to change. Ever!

I don't even think about how far I have left to go to complete it because its not something I can get my head around. Can you really ever complete DMC3? You can finish the story on H&H mode but surely the variations are practically infinite. I've schooled that poor Gillapede in so many ways and using so many combinations of moves that applying this principle to every encounter is too much to handle. When would you ever be able to do that in your whole lifetime? I guess some would say "why would you want to", but then I guess they've never played it, or really felt it.

My day isn't the same without taking down that Gillapede, how it still comes out of its hole I have no idea.

There are so many complete stand alone sections in DMC3 that can be played over and over. Its just a joy. It makes me feel joyful just thinking about it. Most Joyous Game of 2005!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
      Yep, and those lovely people at Capcom are gonna ensure we keep playing until 4 with the Special Edition being released.

Capcom us.
      Bull**** -

Capcom ME! - you lot are just getting the sloppy seconds.
      They're releasing a Special Edition because t3h Saurus needs Very Hard Mode because when he goes Keanu Reeves the enemies cant take it, day after day they're pulling their hair out trying to think of new ways to make ME happy.

ME!

I've been playing Devil May Cry 3 since the demo version.....that was last August ennit?!?! My timer stopped at 99 hours months ago!
      Do yourself a massive favour and learn Cerberus boss using Royal Guard in DMD mode - with the help of Venom's vids that fight has become absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Comment

Its the Vergil3 and Cerberus fights for me man. Vergil3 on hard using RG is the ****ing business and Cerberus using Swordmaster with A&R time attack is gravy there are far too many mini games you can create yourself... SE edition... yes please!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          Bull**** -

Capcom ME! - you lot are just getting the sloppy seconds.
          Holy **** its Saurian!!!

<cue Goji theme>

Blud you gonna have to leave Dante alone for a bit and get involved in some VJ:BC soon, that first play thread wont be the same with just me knocking about in it

Comment

Just letting you manz know I'm still alive, I prefer to stay reclusive now (dont need to keep hearing how **** this is, how flawed that is, Nintendo/Rev/DS are teh doomed blah blah blah, there's more interesting stuff to be involved in than bitching for the sake of it) - you know where to come if you want VJ sessions! I been saying it for ages!! and it's not like my yard is ever dry for draw.

Blud it's ALL about learning Fido in DMD Royal Guard! - ripping half a bar off him by Jump-Just Releasing through his headbutt charge which; (when you're first training) you cant even see coming! Then rushing forward with A&R Jet Stream as he's dragged back and then letting rip with the charged Devil Trigger Release in his face into as many A&R slashes as you can before he has a chance to recover is textbook KEANU REEVES!!1 (standard humans CANT see what's happening! XD)

I couldnt see what this mutt was doing in DMD mode till I sat there and just watched - now he's like an open book, Parrying every single ice attack he does with ease is too f00kin mint!1

Havent even touched DMD Vergil3 yet - there's so much I have to learn STILL!
            Last edited by Saurian; 29-09-2005, 16:02.

Comment

I couldnt see what this mutt was doing in DMD mode till I sat there and just watched - now he's like an open book, Parrying every single ice attack he does with ease is too f00kin mint!1
              I've spent TIME trying to parry the ice attack that comes from above - I'm **** with the parry Get regular schooling by the spiders in the hope I will improve, its coming but SLOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                I've spent TIME trying to parry the ice attack that comes from above - I'm **** with the parry Get regular schooling by the spiders in the hope I will improve, its coming but SLOW!!!
                I'm in the same boat mate, putting the hours in and am starting to see some results. Still a long way to go though, but the great thing about DMC3 is that it has never felt like a chore. A while back VF4 was part of my everyday routine but now DMC3 has that honour.

Saurian good to see ya.

Comment

hmm, was just going to buy this but theres a special edition coming out. any got a link to details of this

thanks

wod

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                    It's not difficult at all mate. Watch my vids and take the pup down!

Comment

Just letting you manz know I'm still alive, I prefer to stay reclusive now (dont need to keep hearing how **** this is, how flawed that is, Nintendo/Rev/DS are teh doomed blah blah blah, there's more interesting stuff to be involved in than bitching for the sake of it) - you know where to come if you want VJ sessions! I been saying it for ages!! and it's not like my yard is ever dry for draw.

Blud it's ALL about learning Fido in DMD Royal Guard! - ripping half a bar off him by Jump-Just Releasing through his headbutt charge which; (when you're first training) you cant even see coming! Then rushing forward with A&R Jet Stream as he's dragged back and then letting rip with the charged Devil Trigger Release in his face into as many A&R slashes as you can before he has a chance to recover is textbook KEANU REEVES!!1 (standard humans CANT see what's happening! XD)

Havent even touched DMD Vergil3 yet - there's so much I have to learn STILL!
                      I told you mate. That fight (DMD) is insane with RG!
                      Definetely one of my favourites together with Vergil3.

TIP:
                      When Cerberus is in his second form and starts to use his ice breath attack continuously (ie when he's almost dead), get close to him and he'll do the claw swipes. Rolly parry the 2 swipes from his left paw (Dante's view) then jump all the way back to make him charge and finally JR him in DT!

Comment

Website for the Special Ed is now open for business at
                        ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Check out the TGS trailer

Comment

Peeps still playing this? I'm currently going through DMD from scratch. Gotta keep the skills up for the special edition!

Comment

I'm still too scared to go back to it. I've got about 5 missions remaining on DMD so there's no way I'm stopping now, but it's daunting.

THe special edition of this and MGS3 are giving me a dilemma.. I get little enough time to rinse everything out of a particular title as it is, so starting from scratch on a slightly different version doesn't appeal much. It just means in the long term I'm going to get less out of the games overall in my opinion.

Comment

Been a few weeks now but its the only title I have that I can safely say will never be traded / sold. Am on Mission 7 in DMD with silly amount of time spent rinsing earlier levels and boss fights.

Never did get my Vergil 3 time below 60 seconds Venom but dangerously close

Comment

I'm still playing it. Love it to bits but i'm really not good enough to take on DMD mode.
                                I can get up to Cerberus and that's about it on DMD.
                                Instead i treat it more like a pick and mix that i can dip into when ever i've got a few mins and replay certain bits and boss battles on Hard Mode.

I also neglected it a bit for Ninja Gaiden Black. Which is an awesome game but in no way fit to lick Dante's boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X