No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game has my fav cutscenes OF ALL TIME.

I just think there so smart action scenes that most films can envy

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
      You need to have the little enemies around so you can show off the moves! Anyway, the 'unpredictable' thing has been covered many many times, there's nothing unpredictable about any of it.. every seemingly impossible situation to me was beatable by chilling out a little and paying attention.
      Video request please.

eastyy, I too think the game has some fantastic cutscenes but for some reason, I like the ones where Dante seems to show his 'human' side, mainly the last cinema where Lady said: "Are you crying" and Dante replies "It's only the rain" - wonderful stuff then he goes all mouthy again! Talk about a dramtic change in emotion.

I personally like the cinema where Dante is Devil triggered-up and jumps off the tower to fight the red birds on the way down - the bit that took the piss is where he fires his gun and the bullet impacts upon the sword and causes a supernova-like reaction before jumping off to let Leviathan have his afternoon snack.

I still think the red birds and floating starfishes are crap though... The situation with me is when I am in the middle of a SSS-Stylist!!! I hear a sound: "swoosh..." the red-bird or floating starfish ****s it up, again.

*restarts mission*

Comment

Well learn the patterns of those enemies or react to the sound to keep your style Gauge in the SSS range. for nailing these enemies on the harder difficulty and nailing them good you gotta be tuned into every little signal the game gives you.

It has been said so many times before, an enemy will tell you when they are gonna attack, you just gotta make sure you wired to them all soyou know when it is coming and can keep the flow going.

The blood bats are murder sometimes but equally can be a walk in the park given good timing of your dodges and use of gun and melee combos. Every enemy can be broken down into a specific pattern, you just gotta have the patterns memorised so you know what to look out for.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Mardigan but I am unfortunately hard of hearing on my left ear and I can't quite hear when the 'signals' are being outputted to time the blocks/jumps/rolls good enough.

I just use Swordmaster and Gunslinger style must, if not all the time because like I said, I am an impatience man around Dante and just wish to unleash damage in a 'rinse, wash and clean away?' method. I also have had big problems with the Fallen like Darwock has been through, evertime they go DT on your arse - I just get a bit frustrated as they take quite some time to 'open-up' and let you wack them out of their misery.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can watch Venom's videos? They have all been expired and I can only watch Saurian's masterclass with both RG and Swordmaster, which I have watched countless times. Any help to locate these lessons please?

Comment

If you only get to watch one make a special request for Venoms Vergil3 DMD vid or his Vergil 3 dead in like 45 seconds, the guy is nutz.

Tried to emulate his success but failed so far to break the 60 second barrier with Vergil3, its some solid style the Venom brings in those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
              If you only get to watch one make a special request for Venoms Vergil3 DMD vid or his Vergil 3 dead in like 45 seconds, the guy is nutz.

Tried to emulate his success but failed so far to break the 60 second barrier with Vergil3, its some solid style the Venom brings in those.
              That was on Normal mode. I can finish him on DMD in just over 2 minutes(no damage, SS ranked)

I'm gonna upload my vids again as soon as I can but for now check out my Mission 2 DMD vid using Swordmaster (no damage, SS Rank).

Last edited by venom743; 29-11-2005, 00:47.

Comment

There we go, some good old videos of how it should be done... ask and ye shall receive

Any news on PAL and US release for Special Edition? Want it so ****en much!!

Comment

Hey Venom, thanks for the absolutely brilliant videos in which both were showing off and being extremely patience with the timing - something I simply can't do.

Anyway, what the hell was that you just did at about 40-42 seconds on the 2nd video?! You jumped in the air, DT'ed yourself and landed to find 2 or 3 demons die instantly with little effort: how did you do that? I'm a curious man.

Venom, have you done Vergil (3) using Swordmaster on hard/DMD mode without geting hit. Much?

I have a plan to get all the normal mode missions on a S or A rank - hard mode missions on an A or B ranks (with a few S's) and DMD mode missions on a B or above: I won't take less than a B rank!

I love the bosses a bit more now, especially Nevan and the Horsey considering I have trouble with them earlier in the game.

Thanks again Venom.

Comment

I also had a 'no less than B' policy when I started DMD, but that all went out the window around mission 10. I'm not taking on any bosses armed with less than two vital stars these days (still to attempt mission 18 as well, argh)

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial
                      Anyway, what the hell was that you just did at about 40-42 seconds on the 2nd video?! You jumped in the air, DT'ed yourself and landed to find 2 or 3 demons die instantly with little effort: how did you do that? I'm a curious man.
                      I ain't watched the vid, but I expect it's a DT explosion, where you hold the devil trigger button for a while whilst all your devil trigger dials start flashing red one by one, then release to kill off whole rooms in one go

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc
                        I ain't watched the vid, but I expect it's a DT explosion, where you hold the devil trigger button for a while whilst all your devil trigger dials start flashing red one by one, then release to kill off whole rooms in one go
                        Yeah that was a full DT flux.

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc
                          Thats exactly what it was... A Devil Trigger release... hold the DT button till all the circles light up then release and BOOM, multiple demon death or massive boss damage if timed correctly, its a beautiful move that takes some superb timing but can devastate some of the bosses.

My favourite is using it on Mission 2 boss vanguard along with a Royal Guard release... you dont even need to use a weapon and the boy is dead, hahaha, thats the kind of skillz only Dante can muster!!

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial
                            Hey Venom, thanks for the absolutely brilliant videos in which both were showing off and being extremely patience with the timing - something I simply can't do.

Venom, have you done Vergil (3) using Swordmaster on hard/DMD mode without geting hit. Much?

I have a plan to get all the normal mode missions on a S or A rank - hard mode missions on an A or B ranks (with a few S's) and DMD mode missions on a B or above: I won't take less than a B rank!

I love the bosses a bit more now, especially Nevan and the Horsey considering I have trouble with them earlier in the game.

Thanks again Venom.
                            I prefer RG for the bosses as thaty style rips them apart. I can use Swordmaster against them, but it takes a lot longer. Having said that, Swordmaster is very good against Geryon. Check out this DMD vid against him:

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                              I also had a 'no less than B' policy when I started DMD, but that all went out the window around mission 10. I'm not taking on any bosses armed with less than two vital stars these days (still to attempt mission 18 as well, argh)
                              Me and you both buddy. The first, hmmm... The first 6 or so missions were alright getting B's and C's whilst I went back to the C's (mission 3 and 5) to wack them up a touch to form a nice rounded B rank.

The problem started on mission 7 all the way up to the mission in which you party with Beowulf: the rankings were simply all over the place with too many C's and 2 B ranks - awful.

I need to practise.

:EDIT: more Venom goodness?!

I'll be back.

Comment

I'm still being blocked from the Dante goodness by my fooked controller. I can kick arse on Soulcalibur3 and the like with it but as soon as I'm playing DMC3 I get some message flashing up on the screen all the time. Its gods way of telling me to leave it alone for a while...

Comment

Working...
                                X