No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's actually part of my TV tuner for my PC (built in). Yeah, it's pretty easy to setup.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
        I posted my DMD Chess RG vid ages ago.

I find this the most effective way to beat them in under 2 mins (no damage):

http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...10YCBJ58M0ES4L
        I do apologise Venom, when I went to download it there I found out I'd already got it saved from the first time as well!

I like it! Take the piss out of the queen... I'd thought she might be the key as she was the one that caused me most trouble, but I see you only really used her to build up the release power. When I started watching I was like what the hell, you're just letting all the pawns transform! I was usually in a mad rush to take as many out as I could before they turned into bishops.

Just curious, was the reason you didn't attack any just because it wasn't necessary, or was it to avoid them going DT?
        Last edited by Darwock; 29-12-2005, 09:12.

Comment

Hrmph, well my own attempts were nothing like as smooth as that one. The pawns at the start would always pop up in a location that blocked the queen from reaching me... after the first full release into the king I'd have to spend so long chasing down the queen that everyone would devil trigger, failing that they would DT the second I hit him with the next release. I assume this is because of the shots I used to draw the queen's attention - can't afford to waste *any* I guess. Took me an hour to beat it, then I managed to get past Cerberus and A&R, then had to go do something else so I left the game paused. I was still trying to beat Beowulf at 2:30am.. knowing I had work I decided just to get it done and use a ton of items - 3x vital star, holy water, devil star - he still f*&king killed me. So I switched it off in a huff and now I need to do it all again.

Comment

Had a crack on this for the first time in ages today. Got my arse handed to me but it was fun.

Comment

Good to see

Good to see this board is still alive and kicking,

Looking forward to SE

Comment

Not relevant now but does anyone have any tricks for the 2nd form of Arkham on DMD? I could get past the first bit no problems with RG... but relied on using DT to avoid the needley things he shoots out at you. Obviously when Vergil arrives you can't use DT.. and he shoots needley things constantly. I just jumped around and hoped they would miss, but they didn't - I had to use 4 vital stars ><

Now I'm up to Vergil 3. I don't know if I have the patience to resist using 50 vital stars and 3 gold orbs, with the end so close in sight.

Comment

Flock off, feather face!

1UP's preview says that the game hits the US shelves on January 23rd at the prize of $20, the Bloody Palace Mode has 9,999 floors (!!!) - every 10th floor brings a random boss, and the game is 20 percent faster than before!

Have to mod my PS2 now! It's a shame that the US version can't recognize my PAL files (all modes completed and S ranked Normal mode) so I have to play trough the game once again...

Comment

20% faster? Ermmm... no thanks. THat sounds like a change akin to the new camera in MGS3 subsistance.. ie one that's not for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                      20% faster? Ermmm... no thanks. THat sounds like a change akin to the new camera in MGS3 subsistance.. ie one that's not for the better.
                      It's optional, though. And only $20!

I put the game down a couple of weeks ago because DMD was just too hard. I've picked it back up again and i'm still battling Cerberus. The bosses just have so much health and they attack so quickly!

I will get it done on DMD. One day. Listening to Darwock's tales of level 18 are scary, though

Comment

Does anyone know if the US version of this game has a widescreen option and progressive scan support?

Geezer

Comment

I'm pretty sure it doesn't unfortunately

Comment

Would that be in the options screen? I've got the US version, will have a gander later on if you like.

Comment

ok, this be the 3rd time i post this in a diff forum, lol, but hopefully some xpert players out there have a look over this.

OK, heres the thing, anyone who has seen advanced combo movies with either gunslinger, or swordmaster knows that there are obviously some pretty good players out there. But my question is, for the advanced Artemis combos, and by that i mean charging Multi-shot and simultaneously doing sword techniques, I found it helpful to switch the L2 - Gun Switching, and Circle - Style button, cause its so much easier to hold L2 and mash triangle, then circle. The same applies to aerial rave moves, for instance Agni and Rudra, using a jump cancel to continue doing the combo over and over. I found this almost impossible to hit X than circle really fast. Neway, just wondering if anyone else out there changed the buttons around and if they have any recomendations.
                              thx in advance

Comment

I never found a problem in the button set-up... any of the stuff I couldn't believe in a video then tried myself was plausible on the current set-up. Ok, some things were a bit tougher than others especially using the jump cancel but I never considered customising the buttons.

Also, If you are using Aerial Rave with A&R or Rebellion is it not O you would press after a jump cancel to keep it flowing, since it is the special button for the swordmaster moves you would need? Pulling off an infinite Aerial Rave using enemy step cancels... now thats the kind of **** they dont give you in the manual

Look to the Boy Venom for more insane techniques you didnt even know Dante could buss!!
                                Last edited by Mardigan8; 10-01-2006, 14:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X